No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Officially Returns To Top Rank's Stable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Sage View Post
    Why's everyone congratulating Donaire? He and his wife can't really be happy with this outcome. Sometimes in life, you just have to accept the best lemon out of a bunch of rotten ones! Bob "azzhole" Arum, and his slave contracts! I hope Nonito doesn't have to fight too long to get himself out of the snare of Arum.
    I'm all for seeing Donaire fight soon. Hope everything goes smooth for him from here on out regardless of who he ultimately signs with once the TR contract expires. But how is it a slave contract? From what I understand slaves didn't have choices.

Donaire wasn't forced to sign with TR. And when you do sign a contract here's a thought; it might be a good idea to read, understand and negotiate (or better yet hire someone that does/can to explain it to you). If you're a man and you sign a contract, honor it. If you have no intentions of keeping your word as a man then problems will be in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I am a big donaire fan but really he did this to himself. Trying to sign with a different company while still under contract with another is just a boneheaded move. No doubt Rachael who manages him was involved in that one.

He could have simply waited a 2-3 months till his contract expires.

Instead he had to sit out for months and is just now getting this settled.
      Top Rank had an option and extended his contract 1 yr, so it would have been 1 yr and 2-3 mo. Maybe this will wake up Arum and he will actually keep Nonito busy against top comp and anytime you let your woman handle your business it's bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        worse...he's a self-loathing pinoy
        What? For reals? What a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Your a moron if you think he earns more money with GBP than Top Rank
          It was published that he was earning $500,000 PLUS for his Moreno fight, and a minimum of $750,000 for his next, assuming he beat Moreno, which likely would have been before the end of the year. That would have been $!.25 mill plus extras. Rather good if you ask me. He was a damned fool, but we all know that fighters are not very smart, even the smartest of them.

The contract he had with Top Rank, when Golden Balls tried to steal him, was to run until mid 2013. So, if he was winning his fights, he'd have made millions during that time. Not bad for a 115-118 lb fighter. I personally believe that it was Golden Balls, sensing a breach because of a little tiff between Mrs' Donaire, and Mrs' Pacquiao, tried their old tricks once again. It's hard to get the better of Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
            What? For reals? What a loser.

its that poster, Mares

Comment

worse...he's a self-loathing pinoy
              care to explain ?

Comment

Originally posted by eklok View Post
                care to explain ?

the dude lives in the philippines...hates being pinoy...wishes he was mexican and pretends to be a ***** online

Comment

the dude lives in the philippines...hates being pinoy...wishes he was mexican and pretends to be a ***** online
                  sorry , i thought that was towards me , carry on

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
                    Top Rank had an option and extended his contract 1 yr, so it would have been 1 yr and 2-3 mo. Maybe this will wake up Arum and he will actually keep Nonito busy against top comp and anytime you let your woman handle your business it's bad news.
                    It actually would have been a EXTRA year more, as there were 2-6 mth medical suspension's to be added to the amount, making expiry date in mid 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                      I'm all for seeing Donaire fight soon. Hope everything goes smooth for him from here on out regardless of who he ultimately signs with once the TR contract expires. But how is it a slave contract? From what I understand slaves didn't have choices.

Donaire wasn't forced to sign with TR. And when you do sign a contract here's a thought; it might be a good idea to read, understand and negotiate (or better yet hire someone that does/can to explain it to you). If you're a man and you sign a contract, honor it. If you have no intentions of keeping your word as a man then problems will be in your future.
                      I'd bet you $100 to a cent, that Arum would NOT ALLOW any fighter to sign any contract with Top Rank, unless the fighter was accompanied by, and had been fully briefed, by an independent attorney. You don't need to be a lawyer to know that it would be an extreme breach of both legal ethics and common sense.

Arum would NEVER place Top Rank in such a dangerous legal situation, and he has never been accused of such, at least by anyone with even a little common sense, such as we rarely meet on this site these days.

Unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                      X