Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Ross Greenburg Parting Ways With HBO Sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% chance he gets replaced by another *** with no experience in Boxing, but at least Greenbergs out!

Feels like Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
      Bob arum, top prank and Pacroid lost
      Read the article...

It states the firing stems from the inability to secure Pacquiao vs Mosley. Doesn't sound like a company who DOESN'T want a fighter like Pacquiao on their network.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
        Aren't they both ***ish though? I'd be surprised if that was truly Arum's intention (get Greenburg fired). Greenburg appears to have been just collateral damage from the inability to land Pacquiao/Mosley, at least according to the article anyway.
        I dont know what youre trying to imply by the ***ish part but im sure it wasnt Arum intentions to get him fired but it was his intentions to show that he would easily leave HBO if they didnt play his game.

Now Greenburg is fired and im sure HBO is putting up HUGE money now to land the Pac-JMM fight

Comment

I think the action to get rid of Greenburg might have been a bit premature. Unless of course HBO has lost Pacquiao to Showtime for good, then I can understand. If this is true then the writing is on the wall that TR is going to stick with Showtime. Which will leave HBO with GBP and Al Haymon's scraps. Hopefully HBO realizes they need to ditch the latter before they flush all of their budget down the drain.

Comment

I expect HBO is going to make a grand offer to Arum and TR for both Pac vs JMM and Cotto vs Marg II.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
              I think the action to get rid of Greenburg might have been a bit premature. Unless of course HBO has lost Pacquiao to Showtime for good, then I can understand. If this is true then the writing is on the wall that TR is going to stick with Showtime. Which will leave HBO with GBP and Al Haymon's scraps. Hopefully HBO realizes they need to ditch the latter before they flush all of their budget down the drain.
              this isn't just based on Pacquiao but years of ineptitude on Greenburg's part to get quality fights without over inflating their budget

Comment

Any idea who they are replacing him with?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                  Any idea who they are replacing him with?
                  Ellie Seckback just tweeted: "Huge Huge Huge News for me!!!" ...........

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                    Kidding, but that would be really funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post

That makes sense.

At least we know Rios will be back on HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X