Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont even believe wlad has a bad chin, he lacks heart if anything else, panics when he gets tagged

Comment

Originally posted by DTanc View Post
      Foreman took part in Wlad's ring entrance in the last fight, he sat on the bench with Vitali, so I don't think he hates them. I think he's just trying to draw attention to the difference b/t the way they fight now and the way he and other heavyweights fought in his era. Kinda being a dick to give himself a compliment, thats all.
      A fighter coming from Foreman's background could be expected to fight like that, but not one with the solid, nurtured attributes, education, and world wide attainmentd of a Klitschko. Gene Tunney fought like that also.

Comment

He's a good champ.

He beat Haye easily. Used his dimensions and size just as Lennox Lewis would have.

He's not that exciting. But he has been a dominant champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
          Boxing fans, yes, they know better.

But the Tyson fight was the highest selling PPV of all-time at one point, so people who may not have felt like tuning in to see Lewis fight Rahman would have seen the Tyson fight and had that fight remain his signature win.
          SENSATION, At the time, Tyson definitely did NOT want the fight, and tried everything to avoid it, as he was saying he was no longer interested in fighting. Lewis pursued him and threatened legal proceedings to make him fight. It was all published on the boxing sites.
          Tyson finally was forced to fight, knew he would be beaten and made up his mind to take his beating like a man. he was only effective in a (first and) last ditch sttempt in the very first round. Lewis was so cautious and concerned that he had been mistaken about tyson's condition, that he took 7 more rounds to finally win. Steward was disgusted with him and could be heard in the corner from about the 3rd rd urging him on all the time, that Tyson had nothing left.

Comment

I hate George said that. Whether valid or not (and I think it's not), it comes off like he's hating. Especially since he was a part of the Klitschko-Haye event and Wlad's pre-ring walk video.

Comment

they mad they mad.

Comment

if he quits now, he will be remembered until the HW will rise with good fighters again. But I'd say to wait till he retires - for full conclusion.

Comment

Sounds like George was frustrated that Wlad/Haye didn't live up to the hype, just like a lot of other people. But perhaps a bit unfair to place all of that blame on Wlad. I'd like to see more aggression sometimes from Wlad, but then again he probably wouldn't be pushing 15 years as a pro and still on top, had he not adapted just a defensive style.

Comment

Foreman is clueless based on this statement.

Wladimir is a great fighter and a great champion. It's not his fault that the heavyweight division wasn't the strongest of divisions but he did what he had to do and dominated it.

Most fighters don't get love until after they have retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      Sounds like George was frustrated that Wlad/Haye didn't live up to the hype, just like a lot of other people. But perhaps a bit unfair to place all of that blame on Wlad. I'd like to see more aggression sometimes from Wlad, but then again he probably wouldn't be pushing 15 years as a pro and still on top, had he not adapted just a defensive style.
                      Exactly. He has every belt there is except one, what else do people want? It's ridiculous to criticize a guy that simply doesn't lose. The majority of his wins are by KO. I think people want to see him unnecessarily mix it up with someone and get caught so they can say 'I told you so'. That's foolish and it won't happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X