No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    So Wlad was a WBO champ, been a pro for 5 years, but he can not fight the top fighters around and get away with it.

Not in my book.

Wlad has made some adjustments but they have been tactical, protect that chin and take no chances.

He has not improved physically or technically to any significant extent.
    Wlad has not improved technically? So, 14 wins in a row, 11 in title fights against almost all top ten contenders & 10 by way of KO is not proof enough of technical improvement in your opinion? Okay, wehatever you say.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr. Invincible View Post
      if you didn't get the point, which i'm sure you didn't........it was that any fighter can lost at one point or another in their primes and that doesn't necessarily mean that said fighter is/was better than them. Are the two men that sparked lennox better than him? Was douglas better than tyson? Was schmelling better than joe louis? No......exactly.

This is my point and by not understanding this actually shows your true level of intelligence.
      don't back track now and try to clean it up now you said nothing of the sort you can't even keep your argument straight you said that the klitschko's could beat george foreman that's the dispute!!! I am through wasting my time with an idiot that has already gotten owned so many times in one thread!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        He essentially was. I stand by this. Except I think Morrison was a better figher overall. He in fact did beat Foreman, even if it was an older version. It was for a world title, however.
        Foreman victory is irrelevant

How was Morrison better and how was he a "white Joe Frazier"?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
          You're not fooling anyone with your protestations of objectivity. Anyone who claims "prime Wlad" lost to Sanders and Brewster doesn't need to say anything else on the K-Bros. You gave away the game already and that's why you're furious and name-calling.

You seem to have a good deal of what appears to be a fragile ego bound up with your posts on this site. So when people take you on, you get extremely defensive, boastful, and apparently become downright stalker-ish in your behavior.

You should be removed as a moderator here forthwith.
          Perfect post. Agreed, 100%. Make it happen head honcho's.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
            I just wrote to Rick Reeno via Facebook about this guy. We'll see what he has to say about it.

My advice is to save your breath because you make great points but you're talking to someone with an agenda who isn't interested in them.
            Lol, good, I hope he comes and checks out every thread about Wlad that I've posted in. I also hope he checks out how I've been moderating and the posts I edit or delete. Fair and objective always win out against nuthugging.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
              Foreman victory is irrelevant. How was Morrison better while being a "white Joe Frazier"?
              Why would a world title win be irrelevant? Would you rather I say Frazier was a black Tommy Morrison when Frazier fought like 15 years prior to Tommy?

Comment

Perfect post. Agreed, 100%. Make it happen head honcho's.
                Lol, what am I going to get removed for, posting facts you guys don't like to hear?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Ok so lets take a sport that depends more on the physical rather than mental. Why are all the fastest times in history, in the 100 meter dash recorded by men in their mid twenties? If you assessment was correct than guys in their mid 30's should be just as competitive. Why aren't they?
                  If an athlete is super-disciplined and pays attention to nutrition and physical training, it is certainly possible to be better in his late 20s to mid-30s than he was previously.

Andre Agassi certainly accomplished that in tennis. But it takes the kind of effort and discipline that many athletes who found things easy earlier on aren't prepared to give.

But the Klitschkos have that kind of discipline, which is why your attempts to use generalizations are just pathetic butt-covering.

Comment

Why would a world title win be irrelevant?
                    Would you rather I say Frazier was a black Tommy Morrison when Frazier fought like 15 years prior to Tommy?
                    I said a Foreman victory is irrelevant. Once again how is Morrison a "white Joe Fraizer"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Easy View Post
                      don't back track now and try to clean it up now you said nothing of the sort you can't even keep your argument straight you said that the klitschko's could beat george foreman that's the dispute!!! I am through wasting my time with an idiot that has already gotten owned so many times in one thread!!!!!
                      How did I backtrack? Either Klitschko right this day would beat any version there ever was of Foreman and make it look rather easy.

Read this carefully: Foreman was a strong fighter with great offensive tools in his time but he was way too plodding, one dimensional and small to have been competitive with the Klitschko's of today. Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X