Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based purely on skill, your top 5 fighters of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
    Yet can't consider Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao has dominated and outclassed fighters on much higher levels than that of Ali Funeka who beat the stuffing out of Joan Guzman and got legit robbed worse than Lara.

Being a skilled fighter IS being a good fighter. Duh, how do these two things not directly correlate? Is the ability to win fights not the very measure of skill?

Are we really going to say a guy that couldn't use his skills to beat Ali
    Funeka still has more skill than a guy that used "no skills" to beat Marco Antonio Barerra, Miguel Cotto, and Erik Morales among many others?

On one hand you have Marquez listed as one of the most skilled fighters yet will use his being able to give Pacquiao competitive fights as proof Pacquiao has no skill? Uhhh...?

Pacquiao sure put him on his ass enough times for having no skill and being unable to place punches. Like that left cross counter in the rematch as Marquez went for an uppercut with his hands down.

Manny has been hit less and landed more for the past half decade or so than most anybody in boxing. But it doesn't count because he has speed and power? Sure...
    If you want to get into the quality of opponents that Manny has fought since Marquez 2. We can.

It is absurd to put pacquiao on the list. Being a good fighter doesn't mean you have a large skill set. Shyt, I may as well put Margarito up there for beating Cotto, a skilled boxer, to a pulp. Froch should be there too. Paul Williams, a guy who can't avoid an overhead right for his life, there too. Gatti. Micky Ward. Corrales.

You can't differentiate a skill list and an overall ranked one. I thought it was pretty simple but apparently you still think the topic means the best fighter.

On a side note: Why do people put pacquiao on a list just because floyd is on a list and vice versa?

Comment

1)Mayweather
      2)Hopkins
      3)JMM
      4)Ward
      5)Khan

Lol@Even considering Pacquiao on the list. It says the most SKILLED. Not the most LINEAR.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        its personal choice. if u dont agree post ur list.
        I saw his post asking if you're mad or whatever, then I go to see what you said before, and I am confused, where is the anger in your post, you're just asking to post a list, I don't see any cursing or insulting or anything of that sort

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I saw his post asking if you're mad or whatever, then I go to see what you said before, and I am confused, where is the anger in your post, you're just asking to post a list, I don't see any cursing or insulting or anything of that sort
          yea, brick does things like that. lol, i like to mess with him tho. hes so passionate about his love for pac.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            uhhh...dude, ur sitting here hating on other ppls choice and im the hater? smh...once again u never fail to amaze me with ur backwards logic.
            are you that dumb? i didn't even use strong words in my post so how come i'm hating? and why are you so affected with what i posted? you can post your choices all you want...i didn't stop you from doing so. i'm merely stating an opinion based on my observation.

Comment

Mayweather
              Trinidad
              Hopkins
              Roy Jones Jr.
              Casamayor

Comment

Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
                Yet can't consider Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao has dominated and outclassed fighters on much higher levels than that of Ali Funeka who beat the stuffing out of Joan Guzman and got legit robbed worse than Lara.

Being a skilled fighter IS being a good fighter. Duh, how do these two things not directly correlate? Is the ability to win fights not the very measure of skill?

Are we really going to say a guy that couldn't use his skills to beat Ali
                Funeka still has more skill than a guy that used "no skills" to beat Marco Antonio Barerra, Miguel Cotto, and Erik Morales among many others?

On one hand you have Marquez listed as one of the most skilled fighters yet will use his being able to give Pacquiao competitive fights as proof Pacquiao has no skill? Uhhh...?

Pacquiao sure put him on his ass enough times for having no skill and being unable to place punches. Like that left cross counter in the rematch as Marquez went for an uppercut with his hands down.

Manny has been hit less and landed more for the past half decade or so than most anybody in boxing. But it doesn't count because he has speed and power? Sure...
                I love Roy Jones, he's my all time favorite fighter, and out of bis towards him I would pick him as the #1 skilled fighter in the 90s. But I know very well, it was Roy Jones reflexes, legs, handspeed, and power that made him dominate through the 90s and very short period in the early 2000s.

Same with Pacquiao even worse cuz Pac gets hit too much and always has, RJJ was untouchable in the 90s. Pac and Jones aren't the most skillful fighters. James Toney was more skillful than Jones, but it didn't matter, who won their fight? Who won the chess match between Jones and Hopkins who was an exceptionally skillful boxer in the 90s[and still is]. Jones reflexes, hand speed, legs, and power got him those wins against two of the most skillful boxers in the 90s-early 00s. Tell me how such a skillful boxer like Hopkins, lost to a guy who's gameplan is simply outworking his opponent in Calzaghe? Doesn't matter how skillful you are, you can lose to something as simple as a fighter with faster hands and better reflexes but no real good ring generalship. I could be wrong, but this is the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

spare me of your stupidity will ya? i didn't even quote any post before dempsey threw out some girlie tantrums at me that's why i asked if he was affected by my post. and i'm not cursing either...i'm just peacefully posting my opinion before somebody bothered to quote me. he can't resist my charms.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    are you that dumb? i didn't even use strong words in my post so how come i'm hating? and why are you so affected with what i posted? you can post your choices all you want...i didn't stop you from doing so. i'm merely stating an opinion based on my observation.
                    ok...so look at your post and then look at mine. who used the stronger language?? if u cant figure out, then mebbe u should call it a nite, buddy.

Comment

Pacquiao is my favorite fighter but if were talking skill:

1. Mayweather
                      2. Donaire
                      3. Hopkins
                      4. Pacquiao
                      5. Marquez/Khan

Now if we were talking Heart:

1. Gatti
                      2. Pacquiao
                      3. Froch
                      4. Morales
                      5. Marquez

Comment