Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based purely on skill, your top 5 fighters of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    i am dumbfounded as to how pacquiao can be on the top 5 skilled fighters.

if pacquiao is on the list, Haye is #1 because flailing your damn arms isn't skill. Throwing punches while the other guy is punching, random ass punches at that, and landing because your faster isn't skill.

go watch marquez give pacquiao a boxing lesson. tell me how much skill pacquiao shows. how much skill was shown on that punching bag? how many holes were hit, how many uppercuts split the guard? this dude couldn't even throw a punch when rotated to his right. Hence Nazim laying the blue print to beating pacquiao.

fuck.

Who has more "skills" pac or Judah.

I'm just curious to your answer. I kind of have a feeling what you will say though.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

Who has more "skills" pac or Judah.

I'm just curious to your answer. I kind of have a feeling what you will say though.
      first judah isn't all that. Khan is more skilled than Judah. Judah's upsides are his speed and power, that is what makes judah interesting.

Pacquiao wouldn't even be on a list of 10 by me. Hell, i'd really have to think and really make a doubled checked and thought through list for 15.

how about you make a list yourself, already put mine up.

Comment

2000-2010
        bernard hopkins
        floyd mayweather
        ivan calderon
        juan manuel marquez
        chris john

honorable mention:
        winky wright
        james toney
        vernon forrest
        cory spinks

2011-2020 candidates:
        andre ward
        nonito donaire
        guillermo rigondeaux
        jorge linares

Comment

are you stupid? no wonder you have red and just started at bscene.

speed + power =//= skill

speed and power DOES NOT EQUAL skill

la velocidad y la energía no igualan habilidad

la vitesse et la puissance n'égalent pas la compétence

Do you understand? Pacquiao doesn't have much skill. Hence he cannot be included unless you really don't know shyt about boxing.
          Except, speed and power are skills. Skill wins fights. Manny wins fights. Manny has skills. Are we really going to create a slope so slippery as to say, for instance, that Pernell Whitaker wasn't a good fighter? A slope so slippery that we're going to penalize a fighter for daring to have too much talent? Good god.

What exactly is the formula for skill prorating? ******ed.

Comment

just names that come off the top of my head

Mayweather
            Marquez
            Barrera (underrated technician)
            even Zab judah had amazing skills ...despite gassing early, but for those 4 rounds he could give any one trouble, just based on his speed and skills

Idk if pacquiao makes the top 5. He has arguably the best offense in boxing right now with a good in and out footwork

Comment

Originally posted by Mistadobalina View Post
              2000-2010
              bernard hopkins
              floyd mayweather
              ivan calderon
              juan manuel marquez
              chris john

honorable mention:
              winky wright
              james toney
              vernon forrest
              cory spinks

2011-2020 candidates:
              andre ward
              nonito donaire
              guillermo rigondeaux
              jorge linares

hes really underrated.....

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                SKILL encompasses more than just "being slick". skills include being able to throw ****ing 8 punch combinations at the speed of light. manny belongs on this list. his offensive skills are second to none for this era.
                And, that is something a lot of posters do not understand. Also most don't even know what slick is. They confuse "flashiness" with "slick" so therefor they confuse that with "skill".

I haven't made my list. But, if I have to go with a top 5 most skilled fighters of the last decade. And, I'm going by 2002-2011 then the top 4 in no particular order would be Calderon, Hopkins, Marquez, and Mayweather. The 5th spot will be open...And, a lot of candidates could be in that 5th spot. Pac may not necessary be on that list but he's a candidate. To say otherwise is just utter ridiculous.

Comment

im seriously thinking about blocking the TS for putting Haye at 5. . . how? why?

Comment

first judah isn't all that. Khan is more skilled than Judah. Judah's upsides are his speed and power, that is what makes judah interesting.

Pacquiao wouldn't even be on a list of 10 by me. Hell, i'd really have to think and really make a doubled checked and thought through list for 15.

how about you make a list yourself, already put mine up.
                    Of course he is...

I'm not comparing Judah skill set to Khan skill set though.

So I will ask again....Who's is/was more skilled...Pac or Judah?

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                      im seriously thinking about blocking the TS for putting Haye at 5. . . how? why?
                      IDK what's worse. The TS putting Haye at #5 or Flicker saying if Pac is in the top 5 then Haye is #1.

Comment

Working...
                      X