Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based purely on skill, your top 5 fighters of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how come everytime the topic is about skills a lot of posters are just looking at defensive fighters? mind you there's also skills in offense. if you don't find skills in one of the best offensive fighter (if not the best) of the decade then most probably your opinion is fueled by hate.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
      how come everytime the topic is about skills a lot of posters are just looking at defensive fighters? mind you there's also skills in offense. if you don't find skills in one of the best offensive fighter (if not the best) of the decade then most probably your opinion is fueled by hate.
      its personal choice. if u dont agree post ur list.

Comment

When you mention skill most people think of the art of boxing which is hit and not get hit. That's why you'll see more people picking defensive fighters as opposed to offensive ones IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          lol his list is

1) Manny Pacquiao
          2) Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao
          3) Pacquiao, Manny
          4) Pacquiao, Manny "Pacman"
          5) "Pacman" Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            lol did i hit a nerve? are you a hater?

Comment

lol did i hit a nerve? are you a hater?
              uhhh...dude, ur sitting here hating on other ppls choice and im the hater? smh...once again u never fail to amaze me with ur backwards logic.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                uh ding dong, did I put him on the list? no. i considered him.
                Yet can't consider Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao has dominated and outclassed fighters on much higher levels than that of Ali Funeka who beat the stuffing out of Joan Guzman and got legit robbed worse than Lara.

Being a skilled fighter IS being a good fighter. Duh, how do these two things not directly correlate? Is the ability to win fights not the very measure of skill?

Are we really going to say a guy that couldn't use his skills to beat Ali
                Funeka still has more skill than a guy that used "no skills" to beat Marco Antonio Barerra, Miguel Cotto, and Erik Morales among many others?

On one hand you have Marquez listed as one of the most skilled fighters yet will use his being able to give Pacquiao competitive fights as proof Pacquiao has no skill? Uhhh...?

Pacquiao sure put him on his ass enough times for having no skill and being unable to place punches. Like that left cross counter in the rematch as Marquez went for an uppercut with his hands down.

Manny has been hit less and landed more for the past half decade or so than most anybody in boxing. But it doesn't count because he has speed and power? Sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Manny#1ATG View Post
                  lol his list is

1) Manny Pacquiao
                  2) Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao
                  3) Pacquiao, Manny
                  4) Pacquiao, Manny "Pacman"
                  5) "Pacman" Manny Pacquiao
                  man you forget to put manny pacquiao!!!

Comment

Let's continue with the thread.

Now let's talk about the decade of 2010-present although it's too short, i'll name 5 anyways.

1. Mayweather
                    2. Hopkins
                    3. Ward
                    4. Wladimir Klitschko
                    5. Dawson or Khan[just because he has a weak chin doesn't mean he's not skillful, he obviously has a lot of skill]

Obviously since the decade is just starting, there's too many to name that are very skillful: Marquez but since he's old and probably in his last legs, I didn't put him this time, but I wouldn't be mad with people putting him there. Andre Dirrell, Rigondeaux, Lara, Donaire, Mares, Moreno, Broner, Mickey Garcia, H. Soto, L. Peterson, Dzinzuruk, Kessler, Malignaggi. These guys are pretty skillful boxers, I would put Martinez but he's more of a reflex, hand speed, moving, power guy, he's like a defensively challenged Roy Jones, Martinez gets hit a lot. Some of the guys I mentioned are more of 00's fighters but I just mentioned them anyway. But you know, a guy with a lot of reflexes can beat the most skillful fighter out there, that's how Martinez beat Dzinzuruk, and that's why I would favor Gamboa over M. Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      When you mention skill most people think of the art of boxing which is hit and not get hit. That's why you'll see more people picking defensive fighters as opposed to offensive ones IMO.
                      but that's not even my point...i'm just saying there's also skills in offense. so just because a certain fighter favors offense as his boxing style doesn't mean he got no skills. of course offensive fighters get hit more than defensive fighters...but that's because of style more than skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X