Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based purely on skill, your top 5 fighters of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe how underrated Wladimir is. He's not even my favorite of the two bros, it's Vitali. From 2004-present Wlad is one of the top 5 most skilled boxers in boxing, he's very intelligent, barely gets hit, barely loses a round, moves around a lot for his size, very accurate, uses the jab like no other boxer. Then he's not top 5 but a guy like Pacquiao is? Wlad is the type of boxer you'd want your son to look at and say look son that's what you call boxing[of course along with Mayweather and a few others]. You don't tell a kid to look at Roy Jones and try to fight like him, or look at Manny Pacquiao and copy him. When we talk skill, i'm thinking we're talking fundamentally-sound, intelligent boxers, technical boxers who actually box, not the best "fighters"

Wlad not one of the top 5 most skillful boxers of 2000-2009, wow.

Comment

• 1.Eric Morales
      2.Sven Ottke
      3.Manny Pacquiao
      4.Wladimir Klitschko
      5.Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        When we talk skill, i'm thinking we're talking fundamentally-sound, intelligent boxers, technical boxers who actually box, not the best "fighters"
        Well that's not the case,
        Its just like saying that Nowitzki isn't a "skilled" offensive player just because he's not that good on the defensive end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radke View Post
          Am i pointing fingers? Just browse through this thread and you'll know what i'm talking about.
          U mad? lol.

Comment

• All he's saying is to look at ur personal top 5 favorite fighters, and eliminate the people that r only there becuz they r exciting brawlers. For example, anyone with Gatti in their top 5 would have to take him out. He's very exciting but he isn't very skilled.

Now whatever way u cry baby Pacquiao **** Gobblers tripped him up with ur complaints, thats what the TS asked in the original comment. Obviously, he doesn't like Pacquiao, and becuz all of u ****-riders (as usual) have a problem with that, he had to justify it, and that's where all the "Pac doesn't have skill" crap came from...

U guys r insane sadistic bass-turds and should kill urselves before u ruin some poor saps life just becuz they have a different opinion than u.

Comment

• This is my new list, dead fucking serious.
              1. Antonio Margarito
              2. Paul Williams
              3. Carl Froch
              4. Kermit Cintron
              5. Michael Katsidis

Who punches as much as Marg and Paul? They get hit and throw a billion punches. Never stop throwing punches, all from angles, an accurate.

Carl Froch showed skill in beating Taylor by being on the verge of losing and winning by knockout.

Who else knows how to jump out of the ring so gracefully? That's a skill.

Katsidis probably has the most skill of all. He can take a beating and still throw intelligent punches, accurate, and with power.

Comment

• 1) David Diaz - Tricky Southpaw. Smooth skills. Was dominating Pacquiao before Manny landed a lucky punch. His ability to do everything great makes him most skilled of the decade.

2) Paul Williams - Dazzling defensive genius. Hardly ever gets hit with a punch, and never with the same punch twice. Never wastes a punch.

3) Ricky Hatton - Would be higher, but I feel he's a little too cautious in the ring. But for boxing skills alone, perhaps top-5 of all-time.

4) Alfonso Gomez - Greatest Mexican fighter of all-time. Makes Chavez look like a bum. The only man to ever break down Arturo Gatti's masterful defence. He would also be ranked higher if not for that one time he started to feel sorry for Cotto and let him win.

5) Michael Katsidis - Up there with Willie Pep and Pernell Whitaker for best defensive fighter ever. Master of the shoulder roll. Fights effectively in close and at long range. Considered to possess the best jab in boxing history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
                  1: Bernard Hopkins
                  2: Floyd Mayweather
                  3: Manny Pacquiao
                  4: Juan Manuel Marquez
                  5: Ivan Calderon
                  Mayweather
                  Hopkins
                  Marquez
                  Ward
                  klits wlad

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    He's not even top 50
                    dude don't even crack the top 100...real talk!!

Comment

• **** your skills!!

manny is a monster!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X