Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based purely on skill, your top 5 fighters of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I think about the top 5 skilled boxers of the decade, 1st thing that comes to mind when I here the word skill is defense. A truly skilled fighter dosn't get hit alot in combat, other wise he'd be just another boxer throwing punches. Thats something any body can do, throwing punches in a fight takes no skill at all. Now throwing punches at the right time,in between your opponants punches, while slipping,sliding, rolling,blocking, or catching without your opponant being able to hit you back clean takes true skill. Very few boxers currently fighting can do this. My 5 are as followed..........

1. Floyd Mayweather2. Bernard Hopkins3. Nonito Donaire4. Andre Ward5. David Haye

Comment

• Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
      When I think about the top 5 skilled boxers of the decade, 1st thing that comes to mind when I here the word skill is defense. A truly skilled fighter dosn't get hit alot in combat, other wise he'd be just another boxer throwing punches. Thats something any body can do, throwing punches in a fight takes no skill at all. Now throwing punches at the right time,in between your opponants punches, while slipping,sliding, rolling,blocking, or catching without your opponant being able to hit you back clean takes true skill. Very few boxers currently fighting can do this. My 5 are as followed..........

1. Floyd Mayweather2. Bernard Hopkins3. Nonito Donaire4. Andre Ward5. David Haye

Say what you want about my selection but before you do, just think about how these guys face look after almost every fight , I mean these guys are fighting on the elite level,against the best in the world and they come out of most fights with out even a scratch. Now think about how some of your fav so called skilled boxers face look after damn near every fight regarless of the caliber there up against. If there getting hit by damn near every punch, the skill is just not there. They might be tough as nails, but the skill cant be there if your an easy target!

Comment

• 1)Mayweather
        2)JMM
        3)Bhop
        4)Wlad
        5)Pac

Don't know why Pac gets no love, his boxing ability is severely underrated - skill encompasses footwork and offense and Manny is in the top category for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radke View Post
          You have Haye, but no Pacquiao? That's surprising.
          Pac is the p4p champ for years now for a reason.
          He may not be as technically skilled as Floyd or BHop but he deserves to be in there.
          Pacquiao has above average skill but what makes him a champion is his heart, determination and killer instinct

which is what you need to beat someone more skilled than you.
          Last edited by Paclan; 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• I was wasted last night when I read this thread...*******s are so ridiculous, they are upset that other people didn't put Pacquiao on their own personal "most skilled of the last decade" list...

Comment

• Haye? Lol what a dork.

Comment

• Mayweather
                Pacquiao
                Hopkins
                Marquez
                Martinez

Comment

• How can you Say manny has no Skills? obviously you guys on here are not tru boxing fans. E****ailly Skillswin and Flicker.. not having manny means your a *****.

My top 5:
                  1.Floyd mayweather
                  2. Manny Pacman
                  3.Bhop
                  4.JMM
                  5. Sergio martinez? Ward? Donair? Wladimir?

RJJr would take the prize for the previous decade. Most skilled EVER!

Comment

• Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                    When I think about the top 5 skilled boxers of the decade, 1st thing that comes to mind when I here the word skill is defense. A truly skilled fighter dosn't get hit alot in combat, other wise he'd be just another boxer throwing punches. Thats something any body can do, throwing punches in a fight takes no skill at all. Now throwing punches at the right time,in between your opponants punches, while slipping,sliding, rolling,blocking, or catching without your opponant being able to hit you back clean takes true skill. Very few boxers currently fighting can do this. My 5 are as followed..........

your fonts makes me want to kill a puppy

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      you see we can't have a civil conversation because you say ******ed shit.

I'm only going to reply this time because i'm sure you'll find some troll response of you will somehow twist what I say....

Meldrick Taylor had the fastest hands in Boxing history ... IMO faster than Leonard and Roy Jones, Pacquiao and Camacho

now JCC was a straight forward fighter ... similar to Margarito or a Rios he went forward but he actually had head movement he could caught of the ring and knew how to utilize his punches. He was an accurate puncher

a somewhat Textbook fighter. So yes he was a technician...

Technician =/= defensive... just because he got hit with feather fisted punches by of the fastest boxers in the history of the sport does not mean he wasn't a technical boxer .

I suggest you watch more fights other than the Taylor fight.

now to adress "Pacquiao >>>> JCC" I never once said JCC was better than Pacquiao I said he was a better boxer than Pacquiao which he clearly is... he was more skilled than Pacquiao . I'm not saying Pacquiao isn't skilled. He just isn't @ JCC's level when it comes to skills.

Be careful with this puga guy!!! lol

Next thing you know he'll be telling you how Pacman beat Oscar yet JCC lost to him LMFAO

JCC is one of the best all-time... Pac is a great fighter, but nowhere near a JCC, Mayweather, Whitaker, Leonard in terms of skill set

Comment

Working...
                      X