Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Buster Series Pt 1: Miguel Cotto one of The GREAT fighters Floyd avoided?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mojita View Post
    Lol TS.

Lets be real, the only time we seen Cotto seriously back up was againest Margarito which hes never been the same since.

I believe Cotto was more than ready for Mayweather. Cotto after the Mosley win was at the peak of his career. He had the confidence, the swag everything had he been fighting Floyd next.

Cotto had and still has a great jab. Pretty good boxing skills, power, and had pressure. I believe a Mayweather and Cotto fight at their peak would been very competitive. The only time people saw Cotto break down in stamina or back away was againest a chinfirst fighter who he fought wrong againest. Clottey had peekaboo defense which Cotto who looked like **** and was under Joel Santiago looked terrible. Againest Pac he had no trainer and still looked like ****, and had no gameplan. Your judging Cotto post Margarito loss. But before that at his peak, he was very dangerous and i thought the first 6 rounds during the Margarito fight that hed beat anyone at 147 class that day. He was really something. IMO..
    Cotto was a very exciting fighter especially at 140lbs. We live in a culture of celebrity and a lot of people get caught up in the Money Mayweather BS. Cotto is too adult for this generation. They know nothing but pop culture BS ala Paris Hilton and Mayweather with his attention needing theatrics. Cotto is a throwback less talk more action.

Comment

• I'm thinking styles makes fights and to be honest, Cotto would give Mayweather the toughest fight due to that. A calm relaxed pace. Top it off Cotto is a really good boxer. Now if Mayweather is the bully then Cotto would be in a world of hurt. My opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        I'm thinking styles makes fights and to be honest, Cotto would give Mayweather the toughest fight due to that. A calm relaxed pace. Top it off Cotto is a really good boxer. Now if Mayweather is the bully then Cotto would be in a world of hurt. My opinion.
        One of the biggest Cotto haters is giving him a shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          I'm thinking styles makes fights and to be honest, Cotto would give Mayweather the toughest fight due to that. A calm relaxed pace. Top it off Cotto is a really good boxer. Now if Mayweather is the bully then Cotto would be in a world of hurt. My opinion.

not at all, I dont give Cotto any shot...I mean numerous fighters are able to land cleanly on Cotto and he cant fight going backwards......id give cotto no shot at all Mayweather would do Cotto what he did to Shane...walk him down and knock him out...Shane is much tougher than Cotto...
          Last edited by Cash Cow; 07-13-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• cotto is a great fighter

pretend all you want but when floyd was asked his response was- cotto lives too far away to fight

cotto cant handle being pressured- thats the one thing floyd cant do

manny can

floyd has other skills but KO power and pressure? no

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post

not at all, I dont give Cotto any shot...I mean numerous fighters are able to land cleanly on Cotto and he cant fight going backwards......id give cotto no shot at all Mayweather would do Cotto what he did to Shane...walk him down and knock him out...Shane is much tougher than Cotto...
              The same Shane that was suffering through turrets in the ring? Get real. Mayweather may very well win, but he wouldn't be fighting an AARP registered boxer who will be exhausted by the time he reaches the ring. If Mayweather stays in front of Cotto, he will eat leather. He isn't strong enough to make Cotto go backwards and doesn't fight like Pac or Margarito that would make Cotto go backwards. If Mayweather has no legs, as is evidenced, he's going to get hit and get hit alot, and he won't beat Cotto in a shoot-out, that isn't his game anymore

Comment

Your clueless.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  The same Shane that was suffering through turrets in the ring? Get real. Mayweather may very well win, but he wouldn't be fighting an AARP registered boxer who will be exhausted by the time he reaches the ring. If Mayweather stays in front of Cotto, he will eat leather. He isn't strong enough to make Cotto go backwards and doesn't fight like Pac or Margarito that would make Cotto go backwards. If Mayweather has no legs, as is evidenced, he's going to get hit and get hit alot, and he won't beat Cotto in a shoot-out, that isn't his game anymore

Cotto has never been in the ring with someone as skilled as Mayweather....

Mayweather has beat plenty of fighters that are better and who have accomplished more in the ring.....

Man if Cotto was so great then why did it take him 36 fights and his 3rd weight class to finally beat a champion with a belt? He always won vacant titles...and you're telling me how great he is?

Comment

• Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
                    cotto is a great fighter

pretend all you want but when floyd was asked his response was- cotto lives too far away to fight

cotto cant handle being pressured- thats the one thing floyd cant do

manny can

floyd has other skills but KO power and pressure? no
                    Um Mayweather will back Cotto down like he did shane....he would easily outbox Cotto.....how in the hell is Cotto this defensive wizard when guys like Margarito, Clottey and Mayorga were able to bust him up? You guys are overrating a guy who's only win vs a champion with a belt goes by the name of Yuri Foreman......

Comment

Cotto has never been in the ring with someone as skilled as Mayweather....
                      Mayweather hasn't fought someone skilled and close to their prime/weightclass as Cotto since...hmm...Castillo? You say that about Cotto, but the reverse is even more true. Cotto has had plenty of challenges, can you say the same about Mayweather?

Originally posted by Cash Cow
                      Mayweather has beat plenty of fighters that are better and who have accomplished more in the ring.....
                      Mayweather's best win is Castillo and Chico. I am confident in saying that Cotto is better than both of them

Originally posted by Cash Cow
                      Man if Cotto was so great then why did it take him 36 fights and his 3rd weight class to finally beat a champion with a belt? He always won vacant titles...and you're telling me how great he is?
                      Man, if Mayweather is so great, why hasn't he faced the best the sport has had to offer in the last 5-6 years instead of hiding behind the guise of drug testing, Arum and retirement?

So he [Cotto] won some vacants, big deal, the matter is who he beat to obtain them, and who he defended them against, and that picture, shows that Cotto more than adequately held those belts with class, dignity and respect for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X