Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Buster Series Pt 1: Miguel Cotto one of The GREAT fighters Floyd avoided?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Calling out people and actually being serious to fight them are two different things.

I brought the quote to make my point that neither was looking to fight each other at the time...

"Just jumped on during your sig's rise"? WTF does that even mean

Had to be since he would be only that can people I would be an extremist fan over. Pac? He's my favorite active fighter but I criticize him and give him credit when is due...I couldn't careless what anybody else thinks about that.

You can actually be a fan without being a dickrider. My post about Pac prove I'm no dickrider of his....Your posts about Floyd proves that you're sir...But, that's fine. We all have our "love" for a fighter. Mines is Tito, yours I guess it's Floyd...
    Right, considering, Mayweather's fought most of the people he called out, as well as the media. You just jumped on boxing when Pac went on his meteoric rise... that's what that means.

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Mayweather-Ortiz is the best fight that can be made at WW that doesn't involve Pac....What's the point of bring this up?
    Wow... why is that? Why Ortiz? Who has he beat?

Comment

• Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
      Son... Zab was beating Mayweather's ass til his ADD kicked in. first 4-5 rounds ALL zab. And seriously, cut the BS about low blows son. Zab was fighting like a scared rabbit hopping up everytime Cotto went to the body.

Your theory exposed:

Why didn't Cotto "low blow" fighters who had him SERIOUSLY hurt like Torres, Manny and Plasterito?

Cuz ya fkin failed that's why.
      All right. This guy was drooped as a baby. I mean, no matter what facts are presented he falls back into a default position of ignorance.

Cotto didn't have even 1 noteworthy win until he was awarded a win over Mosley that was controversial as most thought it was a win for Mosley or at the very least a draw for both.

Cotto, since then has done NOTHING.

When Floyd beat Baldomir, Baldomir had beat the then #1 WW. Judah beat the #1 WW Spinks. Spinks beat the #1 WW Mayorga, who knocked out and got a gift in the rematch against #1 WW Vernon Forrest.

Who did Forrest beat to become #1? You got it: A prime Shane Mosley! A Shane Mosley who even at that point back then had refused to fight Floyd Mayweather who had been calling him out at lightweight.

This guy is dopey. He desperately wants Cotto to be more than he is but Cotto has always been a B fighter. Chop Chop had him beat until Cotto had to get dirty just to survive. Cotto did the same thing against Clottey. He was getting beat so he had to get dirty. Margarito and Pacquiao beat Cotto nearly into a coma.

Stop drinking the kool-aid, dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        All right. This guy was drooped as a baby. I mean, no matter what facts are presented he falls back into a default position of ignorance.

Cotto didn't have even 1 noteworthy win until he was awarded a win over Mosley that was controversial as most thought it was a win for Mosley or at the very least a draw for both.

Cotto, since then has done NOTHING.

When Floyd beat Baldomir, Baldomir had beat the then #1 WW. Judah beat the #1 WW Spinks. Spinks beat the #1 WW Mayorga, who knocked out and got a gift in the rematch against #1 WW Vernon Forrest.

Who did Forrest beat to become #1? You got it: A prime Shane Mosley! A Shane Mosley who even at that point back then had refused to fight Floyd Mayweather who had been calling him out at lightweight.

This guy is dopey. He desperately wants Cotto to be more than he is but Cotto has always been a B fighter. Chop Chop had him beat until Cotto had to get dirty just to survive. Cotto did the same thing against Clottey. He was getting beat so he had to get dirty. Margarito and Pacquiao beat Cotto nearly into a coma.

Stop drinking the kool-aid, dude.
        If you truely think that Mosley won that Cotto fight your an idiot. No that fight was not controversial either. And you say Cotto is a B level fighter just shows how much you know about boxing. Clottey couldn't even finish off Cotto with one eye. Margicheato had to break Cotto down with loaded gloves. Miss pacman has to cry about a catchweight.
        Last edited by Lords; 07-12-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
          Wait didnt Pac fight Morales AFTER Raheem outboxed him? Actually that is no different than Pac and his last 2 opponents...oh and didnt Pac fight Clottey after Cotto beat him?
          You mean Pac after his last 6 opponents.

All Top Rank fighters are hyped up losers. They all get blasted and then Pappy Arum has to spin doctor their reputations.

Margarito lost in 2007 to Williams. - yet Margarito fans say Floyd ducked the guy who lost! Margarito's claim to fame came against Cotto. 6 months later he was getting pummeled by Shane Mosley.

Cotto lost in 2008 to Margarito. It was a bloody beating. Cotto fans say Floyd ducked him. Cotto's claim to fame came in a close match against Mosley in 2007. 8 months later Cotto was being beaten like a hoe who owed her pimp money.

Clottey has actually never won a championship match. He's won a vacant title once against Judah, but aside from that he's never been significant. I will however give him credit in the match against Cotto. Clottey actually outboxed Cotto in that match. So much so that Cotto had to get dirty and body slammed him.

These are the guys that Floyd supposedly "ducked"???

These guys couldn't even hold their **** together for 13 months. Are you kidding? All three fighters climbed the ladder and were cast down to the bottom within the span of 13 months. LOL!!!!!

Elite boxers have some kind of longevity to their career. The best and worst of their careers should NOT be all within the span of 1 FREAKIN' YEAR!! Without longevity, it could be viewed as luck, especially in Cotto's case.

You can't be seen as ducking guys who can't hold their **** together and get beat within 12 months of doing anything noteworthy. Those kinds of fighters come and go. They aren't great. They aren't elite.

Stop the madness and let go of your delusions, peasants. Cash Cow asked "Who has Cotto beaten", but I'm asking you to name a Top Rank fighter who has fought his way into greatness without using BESTOWED accolades from magazines and pundits.

Which one has done great things without relying on catchweights, vacant belts, loaded gloves, and targeting opponents when they were coming off losses?

Answer that!

Stop touting those three as if they were relevant when Floyd decided to take a 12 month hiatus. They weren't and you know it. If they were even half as good as some of you suggest they would have gone on to rule the division and still be in position to challenge Floyd in a mega fight.

Just because a guy wins 1 and only 1 fight does not make him a star. Sergio Martinez won 2 meaningful fights against guys who were ALREADY EXPOSED, and you ignorant desperate fans have already hailed him as a top P4P fighter!!

Some of you seriously need to sit down, STFU and learn about the game and history of boxing. The **** you write is unbelievably backwards and misguided.

Comment

• Its a myth buster if we hear this straight from the fighter. If its from one delusional obsessive fan then it isnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
              If you truely think that Mosley won that Cotto fight your an idiot. No that fight was not controversial either. And you say Cotto is a B level fighter just shows how much you know about boxing. Clottey couldn't even finish off Cotto with one eye. Margicheato had to break Cotto down with loaded gloves. Miss pacman has to cry about a catchweight.
              First off peasant, most boxing writers felt that Cotto lost. I felt that Cotto lost. Many poster on this site feel that Cotto lost. The decision was expected to go to Mosley, but since it was close no one made a fuss.

Cotto is a B fighter. He got outboxed by the jrWW gatekeeper Demarcus Corley and had to use repeated low blows just to stay in that fight. Who are you kidding?

Cotto struggled against Clottey. Period. This statement isn't meant to bolster Clottey as we all know that he's never won a significant match. Its mean to put into perspective that Cotto couldn't handle a boxer who hasn't won a significant match without body slamming him and using low blows.

Watch the match and stop lying to yourself.

Like Cash Cow asked: WHO HAS COTTO EVEN BEATEN?

Get over yourself, peasant.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Cotto wasn't a top fighter around his JWW days...He was still seen as somewhat of a prospect. Who's best win was what exactly at the time? He wasn't on any P4P list..Because, he wasn't seen as elite...Floyd had already proven himself as an elite fighter. Cotto hadn't. If Cotto was a top JWW at the time it was by default because Kostya had already damn near cleaned out the division.

Cotto didn't become truly elite until late 07'. Which made early 08 the best time to make the fight.

I don't understand how I'm making Floyd look like he ducked Cotto? If I am making that case then I'm also making the case that Cotto ducked Floyd during the same time period. Because, neither was eager to fight the other around this time.

You either blame neither or blame both.

Really he did? When? Because, all I got so far are lies and inconsistent coming from his side.

Didn't you give me a green K a couple days ago?

But, then again I'm a fan not a dickrider...Do you see where I'm going with this?

And, thank you, Crack did a hell of a job on the gif and Ether is a monster with the sigs.
                "You either blame neither or blame both."

if we say we can "blame both", that means floyd ducked cotto, right?

and isn't that just the essence of the thread?

just asking

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  First off peasant, most boxing writers felt that Cotto lost. I felt that Cotto lost. Many poster on this site feel that Cotto lost. The decision was expected to go to Mosley, but since it was close no one made a fuss.
                  Cotto is a B fighter. He got outboxed by the jrWW gatekeeper Demarcus Corley and had to use repeated low blows just to stay in that fight. Who are you kidding?

Cotto struggled against Clottey. Period. This statement isn't meant to bolster Clottey as we all know that he's never won a significant match. Its mean to put into perspective that Cotto couldn't handle a boxer who hasn't won a significant match without body slamming him and using low blows.

Watch the match and stop lying to yourself.

Like Cash Cow asked: WHO HAS COTTO EVEN BEATEN?

Get over yourself, peasant.
                  ESPN had Cotto winning..
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3101252

Yahoo sports had Cotto winning the fight..
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...tomosley111007
                  Read that article so you can get a clue. Even DeLaHoya was praising Cotto's performance. What writers were saying Cotto lost? ESPN and Yahoo the top companys writing about sports today say Cotto won genius. Listen to your own words and 'stop lying to yourself' Even Mosley himself said 'Cotto got what he deserved'. Thanks.

Comment

• I'll finish with, as far as the thread title goes, yes it could be true.. But we will never know for sure. Run away haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      Right, considering, Mayweather's fought most of the people he called out, as well as the media. You just jumped on boxing when Pac went on his meteoric rise... that's what that means.
                      Oh OK.

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      Wow... why is that? Why Ortiz? Who has he beat?
                      Well Ortiz did beat a title holder who was also top 3 in the division. Could Cotto say the same?

Comment

Working...
                      X