Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How comes Americans didn't flame Hopkin's for refusing to do OST?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

The point is the fans don't really give a shit unless there is one of two names attached to the conversation. And without the fans pushing for it in EVERY fight I doubt we will ever see OST across the board.
    Great, but the fact still remains that there are fighters and trainers, known throughout the boxing world, at least, that are in full support of better, more stringent testing. You're right that at this point, fans don't care unless it involves two names, but, at least the seed has been planted.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      If you call mentioning it when asked about it 'pushing' then I guess hes been 'pushing'.
      In that case, Pacquiao's been pushing for the Mayweather fight since December '09, right?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

It seems convenient that you see fit not to question how a 46 year old man can remain fighting at an elite level while accusing another fighter who has clearly improved his game from a technical stand point. This is exactly what Im talking about...most fans are willing to grant passes unless Floyd says so. They then have the nerve to call others "fake fans". What a joke!
        You're forgetting that Hopkins has stated publicly that he's open to extra testing. But then again, Pacquiao's said the same thing and lied.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          yeah Abraham and Kessler have no problems with OST. Abraham takes WADA testing when he fights in Europe but when he fought Dirrel and Ward in the US they did not because the US state commissions does not require it. it just so happened that Abraham is not a bitch to demand additional testing but Dirrel and Ward could easily agree to it voluntarily if they want. unfortunately, those 2 did not bother to do extra testing.
          Right, because Ward and Dirrell are the definition of devastating knockout artists. Good point, brick.

Comment

i kinda agree. people went easy on him regardless of when the drug test request was made by pascal. he didnt say i will do whatever to proove im clean and thats what everyone slays pacquiao for not saing isnt it????

Comment

Hopkins was asked to take it a few weeks out from the fight even an idiot should be able to see the difference from that late call to being asked and saying NO in the biggest fight in history , under the very same conditions Manny was asked to take this test there is not another fighter in history that would refuse the test , only Manny and Arum , what does that tell you , now Arums worried about Manny giving a positive test ,,,3 yrs they been dancing around this its fuken bull**** , Arum and Team Pac look like a cheats club falling over each others contradictions and lies . .

Comment

Because he is guilty, guilty unless proven otherwise... He should have pulled a Holyfield, and prove how clean he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                  Maybe cause Hopkins hasnt knocked anyone out since DLH at 160 years ago?

Maybe cause if he was taking any drugs that at 46 his body would have already been worn out and tearing apart, but hes still living and fighting strong.

You know if you eat right, take care of yourself, youll actually be very healthy and in good shape. You dont need drugs for any of that if you have common sense to drop the Doritos and stop sitting at BoxingScene and accusing people you dont know of, of **** you dont even really know of.
                  that's why i see a bunch of 46 yr old making 24 year old gassed out in the boxing ring

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    I believe that the reason is because Hopkins' wins, longevity, and success comes from craft and skill, and not physicality.

Pacroid, by contrast, derives his success (largely) from superior physicality, workrate, speed and power.

PED's don't make you a smarter boxer. But PED's can give you power and speed.
                    hopkins only gained 15 pounds of muscle overnight when he was over 40 and dethroned lineal light heavy tarver and Kd

Comment

Originally posted by n0b0dy View Post
                      Because he is guilty, guilty unless proven otherwise... He should have pulled a Holyfield, and prove how clean he is.
                      Cant even get Manny to agree with 3 yrs notice you dickhead , what hope with 2 wks till fight time and then spring it on them lol , if thats not a Pascal ploy I dont what is ,, lol you kids are nothing but fanboys with not enough logic to boil an egg , I cant wait till Floyd schools Manny and fuks all you idiots of the forum .

Comment

Working...
                      X