No announcement yet.

ti feel sick to my stomach and im embarrassed to call my self a fan of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Dan Rafael "tweets": Just ran into Paul Williams at Caesars. By himself, drinking a soda, dark glasses, stitched up eye. Tough night for sure.

Doesn't sound like a guy feeling good about a hard-earned victory....
    even dan rafael scored it for lara. and he's a terrible scorer. that says something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      I don't think I have ever seen a fight in which I thought it should have been stopped and the guy gets the decision.

This was terrible and is there any coincidence that Al Haymon and his two twin baby face look alikes were there?
      Yeah, I thought the fight should have been stopped, I believe it was the 10 or 11th round when I told my dad they should stop the fight. And even Roy Jones said something about stopping the fight.

That was not Al Haymon and his twin sons. That was Sam Watson and his twin sons.

Comment

al haymon is a ghost

Comment

Lara should've knocked him out and not take the chance of getting robbed. But it still doesn't make it right at all for the judges to score it the way they did. That is why fighters like Brandon Rios will have a successful career because of their killer instinct. Sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

Comment

You know something is wrong when you land close to 50% of your punches and 50% of your power punches yet you still lose..

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
              thought at first it was one idiot when they said 114-114
              then 115-114? 116-114 for Williams?
              crazy, he got his ass kicked
              these robberies suck
              Williams shoulda admitted it, but he posed
              Are you sure those were the scores? 114-114 makes sense. The others do not.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
                114-114 makes sense? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
                  Yeah they were bizzare scores. No extra points or anything, so I don't see how it waas scored like that...Just more proof they robbed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    Lara should've knocked him out and not take the chance of getting robbed. But it still doesn't make it right at all for the judges to score it the way they did. That is why fighters like Brandon Rios will have a successful career because of their killer instinct. Sounds harsh, but it's the truth.
                    Lol you don't think he was trying to do that with those brutal left hand bombs he was landing all night?

Just cause it happened once to him by Martinez, doesn't mean it can happen over and over again. Williams has a granite chin, every one always lands bombs on him but to stop him is easier said than done.

Lara shouldn't have KO'ed him to win, he already won universally. HBO already is showing how they feel about that fight, just go to their page. I'm pretty sure HBO will treat Lara as if he won and give some good money fights. This did not hurt Lara at all, sure a blemish on a shiny undefeated record, one you didn't deserve, is discouraging. But HBO will treat Lara right and give him a good fight next probably.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Lol you don't think he was trying to do that with those brutal left hand bombs he was landing all night?

Just cause it happened once to him by Martinez, doesn't mean it can happen over and over again. Williams has a granite chin, every one always lands bombs on him but to stop him is easier said than done.

Lara shouldn't have KO'ed him to win, he already won universally. HBO already is showing how they feel about that fight, just go to their page. I'm pretty sure HBO will treat Lara as if he won and give some good money fights. This did not hurt Lara at all, sure a blemish on a shiny undefeated record, one you didn't deserve, is discouraging. But HBO will treat Lara right and give him a good fight next probably.
                      Agree with everything, especially with the bold. It's along the lines of what I've been thinking.

Comment

Working...
                      X