No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev vs. Alexander Povetkin: official poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lol'd at "Chaggy"...

As to the fight itself, I think people are playing in too much to the Atlas slant. Anyone who's ever watched FNFs knows that this guy is a professor of the sport. Love 'em or hate 'em, this guy knows how to analyze and break down a fight just as good as anyone else. So Atlas has a bad track record with (training) other fighters? Maybe he has meshed well with Povetkin, or maybe not, but I don't think that he's been that detrimental to him...

To say that Povetkin will lose this fight just because he has Teddy Atlas in his corner is ludracious.

Comment

It's hard to say, both have been inactive, both haven't really looked stellar in their last couple of fights. I'll edge towards Povetkin by close decision.

Comment

Looks like Povetkin will get handed a belt without ever fighting Wlad or Vitali. Teddy's dream has come true.

What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          Looks like Povetkin will get handed a belt without ever fighting Wlad or Vitali. Teddy's dream has come true.

What a shame.

I wouldn't rule out a Povetkin-Klitschko fight (assuming Povetkin wins) sometime next year. The fight could be billed as a "unification of the WBA title." Of course, after Wlad wins, the WBA will create a new version of the title, but that's besides the point...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I lol'd at "Chaggy"...

As to the fight itself, I think people are playing in too much to the Atlas slant. Anyone who's ever watched FNFs knows that this guy is a professor of the sport. Love 'em or hate 'em, this guy knows how to analyze and break down a fight just as good as anyone else. So Atlas has a bad track record with (training) other fighters? Maybe he has meshed well with Povetkin, or maybe not, but I don't think that he's been that detrimental to him...

To say that Povetkin will lose this fight just because he has Teddy Atlas in his corner is ludracious.
            Teddy is an expert at tearing down a fighter's psyche -- the deleterious "Atlas Effect" cannot be underestimated.

Teddy tore Michael Grant down to where he didn't want to get out of bed in the morning -- Grant has some very interesting Atlas stories.

When Teddy worked in Tyson's camp, his nickname was "the little ******."

Teddy is a doctor's son who couldn't live up to expectations because he's dumb, and so he turned to a life of crime and then to boxing (almost the same thing).

His reputation for boxing "expertise" is mostly the result of his own relentless self-promotion.

When I saw Teddy in Povetkin's corner, slapping him across the face after ROUND ONE of a fight against a nobody, I knew Povetkin's fate was sealed.

For an example of "The Atlas Effect": remember that Povetkin was actually talking about returning to the amateurs to fight in the next Olympics not long ago!

Last edited by ChopperRead; 08-05-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I have high expectations for this fight.

I'm hoping that Povetkin is gonna suprise the boxing world.

Comment

chagaev is too slow now.lost his handspeed & is slow footed because of all the illness, injuries & inactivity.he has been getting decent fights because of his former champ status much like briggs to get a vitali shot. i think povetkin will speed bag him for 12 rounds. i think chagaev is done & if he loses he will have a tough time getting fights because of licensing issues.he can't fight anywhere in europe other then germany.

Comment

This heavyweight doubleheader will be televised in the US by EPIX.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    This heavyweight doubleheader will be televised in the US by EPIX.
                    Stream?....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Stream?....
                      It should be easy to find a stream for this doubleheader.

It will be on American, German and Polish TV, and maybe on Finnish TV. And I think one of the UK networks will be covering it as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X