No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather is Capable of Knocking Ortiz Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
    The Question is does FRAUD still Have "IT"???
    Looked pretty PEDESTRIAN against SHANE!!!
    Pedestrians, can get RUN OVER by Mac (Pac) TRUCK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
      Roach, who took on training DLH to fight Floyd, said that he ONLY became aware of weaknesses in DLH AFTER HAVING TRAINED HIM. If he was the "boxing sage" that you're painting him out to be, wouldn't he have known about DLH's weaknesses BEFORE he trained him?

I'm serious. Explain this. Tell me how it took a training camp for Roach to see things about DLH, but he "knows" things about Floyd Mayweather!

Every trainer or coach has an idea of what habits a fighter has. That's why they watch tapes and study them. Nazim Richardson thought he knew what Floyd was capable of, but Floyd showed us ALL something we NEVER expected to see: He walked Shane Mosley down for 12 rounds. Roach thought he knew something about Mayweather and WAS PAID TO COME UP WITH A GAMEPLAN TO DEFEAT FLOYD MAYWEATHER. Did DLH win? No. According to the punchstats, was it close? No. Now if this mutha fcuker his getting paid a million dollars to come up with something and still can't even come close, WTF makes any of you think that he "knows" **** about what he can't come close to?

So his so-called off-handed compliment is an attempt to downplay any significance a win over Victor Ortiz would hold. Its doesn't take a fcuking rocket scientist to see that.

There are opinions, and then there are the facts. The fact is that the last time Floyd knocked out a true WW was Sharmba Mitchell. Floyd is fighting a 24 year old WBC champion who not only survived being floored twice by former WW champion Berto, but got up and floored Berto twice himself. He ain't no chump and he's tasted WW power and gone on to win.

So they next time you want to get cute with words, know your **** peasant.

You misunderstood, my brother. I didn't say Floyd had a glass jaw. I said that Floyd getting caught twice by Mosley showed that he isn't using his defense to cover up a glass jaw ... meaning that he doesn't have one because we saw it tested twice in one round.
      Aaah I didnt know that, good point.

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
        Pedestrians, can get RUN OVER by Mac (Pac) TRUCK!!!
        I think you got mannys and pacs performance against mosley mixed up.

If you think Floyd looked pedestrian or dull against mosley your ******ed.

Pac is no mac truck, who knows what he can do when he only fights defenseless statues.

Comment

Even Freddy knows..he knows floyd will knock Amir out to.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
            Aaah I didnt know that, good point.
            Its all in the perspective.

Once I have the facts, I prefer Occam's razor. Has always worked well for me, Brother Uppercut.

Comment

mayweather will be forgotten

All defensive fighters are forgotten, only ture warriors stand the test of time, Ali being the only exception!!!.I cant think of a single person i know who would bother to watch a mayweather fight a second time.Pac will live on long after he retires, mayweather is only relevant while hes fighting, after that...no one will care.

Comment

Originally posted by uruguay boxing View Post
                All defensive fighters are forgotten, only ture warriors stand the test of time, Ali being the only exception!!!.I cant think of a single person i know who would bother to watch a mayweather fight a second time.Pac will live on long after he retires, mayweather is only relevant while hes fighting, after that...no one will care.
                do you know who Pernell Whitaker is??
                Willie Pep???
                JRR??

guess what defensive fighter is guaranteed $40 Million against Ortiz....???
                guess what fighter fought in one of mayweater undercards??????
                guess what warrior is afraid of needles???

Comment

No way Mayweather stops Ortiz. Ortiz's mentality, will, and hunger for keeping his belt won't allow it in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                    How is a loss to the greatest fighter of this era throwing Ortiz' career away?

Its interesting that you have the avatar that you do. Mr Bernard Hopkins. Let's talk about him.

In 1993, Bernard Hopkins faced and lost to rising star Roy Jones Jr. Bernard lost and didn't face a champion in his own for another 8 years. That means all toll Hopkins hadn't faced 1 champion in his career for 13 years! He defended a vacant belt for 8 of them, but had not ever faced a champion for 13 of those years!

Did Hopkins throw his career away by facing and losing to Jones? Jones went on the next year to face the #1 P4P fighter in the world at that time: James Toney. This while Hopkins was stuck at MW fighting challengers until an ambitious WW tried to move up in an effort to face RJJ. Hopkins was the gatekeeper at MW, and he beat young Trinidad. Did that mean that Hopkins was finally vindicated?

No, Hopkins squandered any momentum that victory had earned him. He sat back content to fight even more club fighters until 2004 when he faced DLH, another WW, but that did nothing to make up for the 16 years of club fighters and defending one, solitary vacant title.

Was his career and legacy over? Nope. It was when many wrote Hopkins off for having a boring and uneventful career than Hopkins did what he should have done as a young man: He stepped his game up.

Hopkins has in the last the last 6 years done more in his career than he has from 1988-2004. He totally revamped his image, his legacy and the amount of meaningful accomplishments he had amassed.

Hopkins has had his share of setbacks, but if he let his 1993 loss to Jones keep him from continuing, he would not be the current HOF and ATG that he is now. Not to mention THEE OLDEST MAN EVER TO WIN A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

Ortiz is a young kid. If he doesn't get by Floyd, as long as he keeps jabbing in life and in his career, his time will come too.
                    good comment..

Comment

Originally posted by xxjace View Post
                      good comment..
                      but.....there arent too many bernard hopkins out there...and I dont feel ortiz will ever be anywhere near his career.You do make some great points I'm not gonna argue with you about that. But not too many people bounce back like Hopkins does.

Comment

Working...
                      X