Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fact or Myth: Floyd Dont Like Southpaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    by whos standards? his? hes handily beat every southpaw hes fought but sanders. ur trying too hard to sound earth shattering. he gets hit more, big whoops. if thats struggling what does that say about floyd?
    yes by his standards. what other standards would you use? eric crumbles? yes compared to crumble he's the greatest vs southpaws.

Comment

Damn Floyd's so good that people look for a couple of punches his entire career to say he doesnt like southpaws.

the man beat all four of them and Ortiz will be the fifth. Floyd has no problem with southpaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        The boxing world is so concerned with finding an opponent to crack Floyd's armor, well what happens when Floyd cracks the opponents armor? He will figure out the southpaw before they figure him out, believe that!
        Floyd needs to take his ultimate test against Pacquaio.

Comment

It is a fact and I have been saying it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Im lost. The guy has literally dominated EVERY left hander hes ever faced.

NSB sucks.
            You are right but he recieved more punches from southpaw opponents than right handed opponent.

Comment

The myth that Floyd doesnt like Southpaws is ridiculous, where is the proof he struggles with lefties? In this boxing game its always about trying to find a style that can beat Floyd, I remember Floyd supposedly didn't like come forward brawlers who would walk through his shots and ruff him up. I guess since the Castillo rematch Floyd has dispelled that theory. Here is the fact, Floyd has defeated every southpaw he's faced convincingly. Lets look at what Pac "doesn't like".....if Floyd supposedly doesn't like Southpaws then Pac clearly doesn't like defensive counterpunchers with pure boxing (slick) skills.

We know for a fact that Pac struggles vs guys who opt to box, counterpunch and play a lil defense. (JMM, Morales and even Shane and Clottey befuddled his performance) So if I'm a betting man I'd bet on Fact over Myth.

Advantage Mayweather
              I think the awkwardness of a southpaw makes him take a more defensive approach as was the case with Judah... He tends to take a little longer to come out of his shell offensively when he fights paws while he is trying to feel them out. That being said, his accurate punching and superb defense pays its dividends in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Afrikan View Post
                Damn Floyd's so good that people look for a couple of punches his entire career to say he doesnt like southpaws.

the man beat all four of them and Ortiz will be the fifth. Floyd has no problem with southpaws.
                it's not a couple of punches. it's the way he completely changes his style when he fights them. you can see in the corley, judah, and spadafora footage when he waits he gets hit. he's not able to rely on his biggest strength which is his defense so he looks to get off first and take the play away from his opponent. if he was able to fight a safety first style against southpaws he would have done it by now. keep waiting for him to turn into marquez. it's never gonna happen.

Comment

Just because he has been avoiding them through his whole career doesn't mean he doesn't like them, I'm sure he has met alot of left handers he liked.
                  Last edited by RINGG; 07-08-2011, 05:07 AM.

Comment

he doesnt want any challenges.........................now thats a fact

Comment

The myth that Floyd doesnt like Southpaws is ridiculous, where is the proof he struggles with lefties? In this boxing game its always about trying to find a style that can beat Floyd, I remember Floyd supposedly didn't like come forward brawlers who would walk through his shots and ruff him up. I guess since the Castillo rematch Floyd has dispelled that theory. Here is the fact, Floyd has defeated every southpaw he's faced convincingly. Lets look at what Pac "doesn't like".....if Floyd supposedly doesn't like Southpaws then Pac clearly doesn't like defensive counterpunchers with pure boxing (slick) skills.

We know for a fact that Pac struggles vs guys who opt to box, counterpunch and play a lil defense. (JMM, Morales and even Shane and Clottey befuddled his performance) So if I'm a betting man I'd bet on Fact over Myth.

Advantage Mayweather
                      floyd isn't a defensive counter puncher with slick skills when he fights southpaws though. do you even watch the fights? why is floyd suddenly going to do something he's never been able to do before against his most dangerous opponent? not very realistic but then again you don't like reality.

here copy paste this so you can save time when posting.

fact: floyd mayweather has no weaknesses.
                      fact: manny pacquiao is a bum and can't box.
                      Last edited by daggum; 07-08-2011, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X