Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ricky Hatton go into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
    I would say yes, in large part due to his dominance at 140lbs., he was undefeated there except for the KO loss to Pacquiao. He sparked Tszyu and Castillo in tremendous fashion.
    Dominance? He beat Urango, Castillo, and Maussa. Castillo was shot when he fought him which was evident in Castillo's following fights. Hell Castillo arguably lost his tune-up before the Hatton fight against Ngoudjo.

Urango was very average and Maussa is one of the worst titlists of all time. If you take away his Tzsyu win he's beaten two B level fighters at best. And that's if you even consider Urango and Collazo B level.

Comment

Yeah. He's not a shoe-in or anything, but he was a damn good fighter with an unbelievable following. Those fans are something else. It'll be a while before we see a group latch onto a fighter that hard.

Comment

Not at all.

1) in terms of technique he was awful
        2) he beat Kostya Tzyu under dubious circumstances at the end of Zoo's career.
        3) he struggled with journeymen and never really looked impressive against anyone once he stepped up.
        4) in his 2 biggest fights he got absolutely thrashed.

Once he stopped being protected by Warren he was exposed as nothing more than a crude clubfighter who had developed a great following.

No way he's a Hof'amer. not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Yeah. He's not a shoe-in or anything, but he was a damn good fighter with an unbelievable following. Those fans are something else. It'll be a while before we see a group latch onto a fighter that hard.
          A good fighter with an unbelievable following he was. A hall of famer he was not.

Comment

Ricky Hatton entering the boxing hall of fame? Are you folks having a laugh?

Ricky Hatton is more famous for his losses than his wins, He was totally outclassed by Mayweather, Which was Mayweathers first stoppage in years and totally blown away by Manny Pacquaio.

Hatton fought nothing but a bunch of WBU tomato cans his entire career his biggest wins are Malignaggi, Collazo and Urango. He has done nothing to merit entry into the boxing hall of fame, Not just that he was only a two weight category champion a very weak 147 champion and his drug abuse killed any chances of him entering the IBHOF.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Different categories.

Bad comparison.

Compare him to other fighters already in.
              Different categories I understand but the boxing hall of fame is just that, if a boxer can't get in but an actor's name is there (regardless of what category) then there's something wrong with the process!

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
                Ricky Hatton entering the boxing hall of fame? Are you folks having a laugh?

Ricky Hatton is more famous for his losses than his wins, He was totally outclassed by Mayweather, Which was Mayweathers first stoppage in years and totally blown away by Manny Pacquaio.

Hatton fought nothing but a bunch of WBU tomato cans his entire career his biggest wins are Malignaggi, Collazo and Urango. He has done nothing to merit entry into the boxing hall of fame, Not just that he was only a two weight category champion a very weak 147 champion and his drug abuse killed any chances of him entering the IBHOF.

could be worse, he could of got blown away by prescott!!!!!!!

people seem to forget, that urango was undefeated when hatton fought him, and went on to win a title after that loss. maussa was a titlist when he beat him. malignaggi was the IBF champ and number 1 contender when hatton fought him although the IBF stripped malignaggi before the fight. they are not great names but they were all champions.

Comment

is this a joke? he should and will be in the ibhof and i will be there 2 see him inducted
                  ****ing haters make me sick
                  * Former The Ring magazine's World Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former IBO World Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former 2x IBF World Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former WBA World Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former WBA World Welterweight Champion
                  * Former WBU Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former British Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former WBO Inter-Continental Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former WBA Inter-Continental Light Welterweight Champion
                  * Former British Central Area Light Welterweight Champion
                  * The Ring magazine's 2005 'Fighter of the Year'
                  * ABA National Champion Light Welterweight 1997
                  * ABA National Junior Champion (Class A) Light Welterweight 1995,1996
                  * ABA National Junior Champion (Class B) Light Welterweight 1997
                  * ABA National Junior Champion (Class C) Light Welterweight 1994
                  he also had the largets folllowing in the history of boxing he really did alot for the sport cmon...............
                  Last edited by revs1227; 07-07-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I don't think he should get in.

Not if the likes of Kid Cocoa and Pone Kingpetch aren't in yet. Who are vastly vastly greater than Ricky Hatton. And many other people already inducted for that matter.

Will he? Probably.

Mainly because the huge following he had.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I bet you just learned Ricky Hatton was the 140 Ring champion today and you're just trying to play it off now.

Let me ask you, do you think Kostya Tszyu deserves to be in the HOF? He was the 140 champion for 4 years and his best win was against Zab Judah, and his best name is a past prime JCC. He was beat by Phillips and Hatton. Hatton was beat by much better fighters in Mayweather and Pacquiao, two fighters considered top 50 ATG's by some historians. Can you tell me what is the shame in losing to two of the best top 50 fighters in history? The same guy you're dissing, wiped the floor with Tszyu and ruled the same division for the same amount of time. And Collazo did not beat Hatton.

Hatton is a former Ring & lineal 140 champ, former WBA 140 champion, former IBF 140 champ, former WBA 147 champ, and let me add he once held The Ring/Lineal/WBA/IBF titles all at once at 140.

But answer my question though, does Zoo belong in the HOF?
                      You do not get into the HOF by getting beat by the 2 best fighters of the world.
                      He struggle with Lazcano and Collazo. He beat an old Tszyu and Castillo. Mayweather held The Ring belt for a while and he was not fighting anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X