No announcement yet.

Hatton - Mayweather... made for each other

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anorak
    This isn't my observation, it was a reader's letter in the UK magazine Boxing News.

But they suggested Hatton vs. Mayweather is a perfectly matched 50-50 bout, much more enticing than Mayweather's carvery with Gatti would suggest.

The idea is this... if you had to pick someone who could beat Ricky Hatton (and, as much as people like to rag on his "on the way" opposition, the guy IS undefeated, and did just give Zoo a career-ending beating) you'd come up with a formula that would resemble Mayweather. The perfect opponent for an in-close pressure fighter.

Yet... if you could imagine one person who could possibly beat Mayweather... Hatton would be the ideal formula. An intense pressure fighter who's on a guy's chest non-stop for 12 rounds and never gets tired.

I'm not saying Ricky would beat Floyd... all I'm saying is he'd be the best possible candidate to do it, and vice versa.
    Zoo was almost 36 and had fought 3 times in the last 3 years. Not taking anything away from Hatton, but any loss would have ended Kostya's career.

Comment

Originally posted by JUYJUY
      Having watched Ricky Hatton since he was an amateur, I can safely say that nobody would of lived with him if he took the sport more seriously and did things right. Mayweather would not of lived with what was the potential Ricky Hatton.

The guy can drink for England and eat for England, he has only ever started training for a fight eight weeks out and has done ****ing nothing but drink and eat until eight weeks out from a fight for eight years. Damn, losing 40-50lbs 39 times in eight years is going to take its toll! And since he started using weights in 2002, I've seen his speed and sharpness gradually decrease.

I still see him beating Mayweather, stopping him middle rounds to the body. But Ricky could of been as good as anything if he really wanted it.
      So your saying that Hatton is on the downside of his career???

Comment

What do you think? Your head is like a canoe. Hollow.

Comment

im surprised about the title of this thread ..i thought hatton and floyd are gays and planning to marry.damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Parodius
            I visualize Hatton being hit many times like Gatti.
            Nah, people make that comparison but - as a neutral observer, don't hang a "Brit" tag on me - Hatton is much more skilled fighter than Gatti in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by InThisCorner
              What do you think? Your head is like a canoe. Hollow.
              Who are you addressing here, Mr. Polite Manners?

Comment

Originally posted by xzworks
                im surprised about the title of this thread ..i thought hatton and floyd are gays and planning to marry.damn.
                Why, were you planning to bash one out?

Comment

how romantic

Comment

im lookin pretty semi smart right now

Comment

where the hell was I for all of this?...
                      I guess I wasn't around this ***** yet..

Comment

Working...
                      X