No announcement yet.

*LATEST* Ring Magazine Cover DISSES Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    If Floyd could even get down to 140 again. It wouldn't be an even match, unless Floyd carries the weight horribly. If Floyd carried the weight and had moved like the Gatti fight, Marquez gets the biggest one-sided beating of his life. Floyd at 140 let his hands go and still couldn't be touched, Marquez would look like a play thing. Floyd never showed mercy below 147.

Everything from Pacquiao above 140 is a sham. Catch weights for title fights, pruned up zombies, fighting against a punching bag, and beating on a shot to shyt old guy who drawn against Mora.
    My gosh, Mayweather at '40 was in his prime. He was incredible at that weight. Lighting quick reflexes and punching ability... he could pop at that weight, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Where can I read the article online? I don't think they sell Ring Magazine in grocery stores do they?
      Click the Buy Now button on their website.

Or you can subscribe to the Digital edition here.

But most decent newsagent chains sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
        bro chups, i haven't bought the copy yet i swear.

can you list the top 10 greatest filipino fighters of all time by william detloff. thanks.
        Bro....it's in the Pinoy lounge. Someone made a thread about it and I listed them.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=489360&page=2

Comment

as a pac fan I don't really consider this issue of ring magazine to really be a diss on pacquiao. I haven't read the article yet but from reading the caption and the article heading it seems to me that ring magazine is just saying that pacquiao's recent fight with mosley and I guess margarito hasn't really helped pac's legacy all that much, which is true. I think if anything this article will offer up good suggestions/future opponents that will help get pac's legacy back on the right track. it will also hopefully let arum know what he's doing wrong and that profitability is not everything when it comes to choosing pac's next opponent. so with all that being said, i don't think this issue should be seen as a diss, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

floyd just called out pac live and in action sooooo wassup?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
              The ever biased Ring Magazine is owned by the ever bitter Oscar De La Hoya who owns the ever poorly managed Golden Boy who manages the career of the ever jealous Floyd Mayweather. It is garbage.
              I was waiting for a dumbfuk like you to mention this.If they are so bias.Why has PAC been the #1 p4p fighter instead of Floyd, for the longest time on there mag?

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
                Just rewind the tape from May 7th, and you'll get the full understanding of what classifies a 'down slide'. Don't play dumb my friend, you know what time it is. Don't act like you don't know that Shane Mosely went to the wildcard and tried to get the fight with Pacquiao. Don't act like you don't know that they waited Mosley out and chose to move when he looked vulnerable enough to face without any sort of chance to pull off an upset. I was watching the Mayweather-Mosley Face Off yesterday (just to get a general base of Floyd's demeanor in contrast to the demeanor he'll have for this one), and I was delighted when Max Kellerman put Pacquiao on blast. He said that Mosley agreed to everything Pacquiao asked for, yet he was still deemed too dangerous. This has been going on for quite some time now. It's been long past the point of overly praising this guy for beating up on the likes of Clottey, Margarito, and Mosley. How much credit should he really get from beating up on guys like that? It's about time that the people start to bite down and slice into this cherry picking, catchweight champion.

So you saying that Mosley was on the down slide when he fought Pac?

That's ridiculous. He wasn't on the down slide. He was shot to pieces. There is a difference between being on the down slide and shot to pieces. That version of Mosley was shot to pieces. Which is much worse.

However, the Mosely you're talking about. The one that went to wild card and beg for a fight. Was that Mosley on the down slide?

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                  floyd just called out pac live and in action sooooo wassup?
                  "wassup" about what?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    U too,I was borderline *******,(realtalk) until Margarito.I swear it.I simply couldn't believe that he got to fight the cashcow.A proven cheater who Mosley put on ice.I couldn't bear that.
                    Yep Pac was one of my favorite fighters, and me and my brother (who is a huge Floyd fan) used to get into huge arguments about him. I defended him all the way up until he decided to fight that cheater. I'm done defending him now. There was no excuse to ever allow that guy to get another pay day after what he did to disgrace the sport. The only fight he should be having is fighting to prevent getting rapped in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                      Ones that get gifts against gatekeepers at '47 and look like garbage after losing their first bout against more gatekeepers at jr. welter. Or maybe guys that haven't fought at the weight class below them in seven years... maybe "being on the down slide" means getting gift draws against guys that participated on The Contender... or perhaps guys that are much different fighters than they were three years ago when a trilogy should have happened instead of now....

This break down probably doesn't help since you have Pac goggles on.
                      So you basically your classification for "down slide" is all you have to be is Pac opponent.

Good shit. Now take Pac out of the equation. What classifies as being on the "down slide"

For example B-Hop is not the same fighter. If Dawson beats B-Hop later this year. Would be beating some one that's on the "down slide" and even then should Dawson not get credit for it?

And, since you're talking about "gift decisions" please clarify what "gift decisions' to you?

Comment

Working...
                      X