No announcement yet.

*LATEST* Ring Magazine Cover DISSES Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
    The Ring is starting to become like that Black owned racially biased site Fight H#pe.
    Whenever someone speaks the truth on matters that are clear to all, it's biased. You guys can call PBF all kinds of cowards and things of that nature, but when someone points out the not so respectable things that Manny's doing, it's jealousy. Fight Hype is an excellent site where they tell it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
      i totally agree. however, the magazine business is all about cover$, cover$, cover$.

there's an article about the b-hop victory though, check the table of contents:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/images...11contents.pdf
      I have a copy I just haven't read it yet.

As far as $$$, Hopkins has been on the cover numerous times and he is one of the more recognized fighters in America. I think a cover celebrating a historic win is a story people want to read. People love to hear things about some old man accomplishing something amazing.

I never liked when the Ring runs negative front covers. I don't see how that can increase sales. They did the same with Mayweather once or twice and I felt the same back then. Unless it's some juicy scandal or something, negative stories (or opinions really) should be on the back burner to positive, inspiring stories. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        What classifies a fighter being "on the down slide"?
        Just rewind the tape from May 7th, and you'll get the full understanding of what classifies a 'down slide'. Don't play dumb my friend, you know what time it is. Don't act like you don't know that Shane Mosely went to the wildcard and tried to get the fight with Pacquiao. Don't act like you don't know that they waited Mosley out and chose to move when he looked vulnerable enough to face without any sort of chance to pull off an upset. I was watching the Mayweather-Mosley Face Off yesterday (just to get a general base of Floyd's demeanor in contrast to the demeanor he'll have for this one), and I was delighted when Max Kellerman put Pacquiao on blast. He said that Mosley agreed to everything Pacquiao asked for, yet he was still deemed too dangerous. This has been going on for quite some time now. It's been long past the point of overly praising this guy for beating up on the likes of Clottey, Margarito, and Mosley. How much credit should he really get from beating up on guys like that? It's about time that the people start to bite down and slice into this cherry picking, catchweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by comanick View Post
          I WOULD HAVE TO DISAGREE. aCTUALLY THE RING HAS BEEN PRO-PAC FOR A WHILE NOW. THATS WHYS HE'S BEEN ON THE COVER AT THE VERY LEAST 5 TIMES IN THE PAST YEAR. THEY ARE JUST CALLING IT LIKE THEY SEE IT. PAC HAS BEEN FIGHTING HAS BEENS FOR THE PAST YEAR. THIS IS THE TRUTH.
          Precisely...

The only thing I don't agree with, though, is that Nigel Collins stated a few months ago that he thought Pacquiao-Márquez III was garbage. And personally, I find it as Pacquiao's most intriguing fight since Cotto back in November 2009.

Neither Clottey, nor Margarito, nor Shane deserved a fight with Pacquiao. Márquez has at least earned it and has a style that gives Pacquiao problems.

I cannot deny that Pacquiao's last three fights were dumb, though.

His last phenomenal year was in 2009 where he crushed too high-profile, highly-ranked fighters via KO and TKO.

Since then, he's taken on fighters who shouldn't have been in there with him based on past fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
            Precisely...

The only thing I don't agree with, though, is that Nigel Collins stated a few months ago that he thought Pacquiao-Márquez III was garbage. And personally, I find it as Pacquiao's most intriguing fight since Cotto back in November 2009.

Neither Clottey, nor Margarito, nor Shane deserved a fight with Pacquiao. Márquez has at least earned it and has a style that gives Pacquiao problems.

I cannot deny that Pacquiao's last three fights were dumb, though.

His last phenomenal year was in 2009 where he crushed too high-profile, highly-ranked fighters via KO and TKO.

Since then, he's taken on fighters who shouldn't have been in there with him based on past fights.
            I think the 147 lb weight is why people are questioning the legitimacy of the fight. Obviously Marquez has not looked good over 140, but that was against floyd, who was 146. At 140 its probaly a more even match.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                What classifies a fighter being "on the down slide"?
                Ones that get gifts against gatekeepers at '47 and look like garbage after losing their first bout against more gatekeepers at jr. welter. Or maybe guys that haven't fought at the weight class below them in seven years... maybe "being on the down slide" means getting gift draws against guys that participated on The Contender... or perhaps guys that are much different fighters than they were three years ago when a trilogy should have happened instead of now....

This break down probably doesn't help since you have Pac goggles on.
                Last edited by deejd; 06-30-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  I think the 147 lb weight is why people are questioning the legitimacy of the fight. Obviously Marquez has not looked good over 140, but that was against floyd, who was 146. At 140 its probaly a more even match.

If Floyd could even get down to 140 again. It wouldn't be an even match, unless Floyd carries the weight horribly. If Floyd carried the weight and had moved like the Gatti fight, Marquez gets the biggest one-sided beating of his life. Floyd at 140 let his hands go and still couldn't be touched, Marquez would look like a play thing. Floyd never showed mercy below 147.

Everything from Pacquiao above 140 is a sham. Catch weights for title fights, pruned up zombies, fighting against a punching bag, and beating on a shot to shyt old guy who drawn against Mora.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    If Floyd could even get down to 140 again. It wouldn't be an even match, unless Floyd carries the weight horribly. If Floyd carried the weight and had moved like the Gatti fight, Marquez gets the biggest one-sided beating of his life. Floyd at 140 let his hands go and still couldn't be touched, Marquez would look like a play thing. Floyd never showed mercy below 147.

Everything from Pacquiao above 140 is a sham. Catch weights for title fights, pruned up zombies, fighting against a punching bag, and beating on a shot to shyt old guy who drawn against Mora.
                    Can't disagree with this post.

Comment

What I fail to understand is how people can so easily over look the same things that was considered unacceptable for Money Mayweather. Here we go again. JMM was ineffective when he fought FMJ, yet team pacquiao wants the catchweight limit to actually be higher than the one for the Floyd fight. Failing to meet up with any of the fellow champions at welterweight, is simply unacceptable. He ducked Mosley when he was the champion. His team found an excuse that they think is valid, in order to duck Andre Berto. If Pac's stinkin' up the joint, then someone has to say something. Quite frankly, if the people continue to hold him up as the P4P best, then I'd have to say that the sport of boxing is in bad shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X