No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mayweather, Ortiz Face To Face in Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdubb View Post
    I was at the press conference today.... people were actually BOOING Mayweather. Most of the fans were cheering for Ortiz.

There was a group of people yelling "Fight Pacquiao". Had a great time, just wish the conference was a little longer.
    They were booing Mayweather but they will definitely be there to watch the fight when it goes down because of Mayweather. Floyd will always be the villian of the story.

Comment

Ortiz is gonna get a huge dose of reality come September.

Comment

Originally posted by tdubb View Post
        I was at the press conference today.... people were actually BOOING Mayweather. Most of the fans were cheering for Ortiz.

There was a group of people yelling "Fight Pacquiao". Had a great time, just wish the conference was a little longer.
        Who cares if you were there or not,we saw the press conference live also and there were people cheering for Mayweather too.

Comment

Mayweathers easiest night in years.

Boring. This is as much of a mismatch as Haye V Harrison. The only difference is Mayweather wont want it to look to easy so will span it out over atleast 9 rounds. Infact a can see it going to points with Mayweather winning every round. A just hope for the sake of boxing this is a warm up for the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
            How does Floyd manage to look bigger than Ortiz?

Camera angles, notice they are always from the side of Ortiz or from underneath. Side on face to face, Ortiz is actually taller and thicker.

Comment

I see lot's of duckqiao fans running around like chicken with no heads all lost and sh**..they can't believe that floyd vs ortiz means more than duckqiaos last 7 sneaky catch weight fights.

Comment

We will see if Floydie will be at his best against younger, taller, & hungrier Ortiz;

If Ortiz can score an upset, then it will shatters Floydie' ego(0)!

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                  Ortiz is gonna get a huge dose of reality come September.
                  Everyone already has Fraud winning the fight, IMO should Ortiz start banging away at the body early (hoping for future dividends in the later rounds) and taking some of Frauds confidence away Ortiz may have his chance. Fraud my move his head around but his body will stationary. The old adage should still ring true, kill the and the head will follow. I know Fraud isn't Berto, he's more elusive; but just what if Ortiz does find Fraud in the later rounds, after banging the body for over 5rds. IMO, I'll go against the odds for an ugly upset via a late TKO(ref or corner stoppage) or KO - and look forward to Pacquiao vs. Ortiz in Feb or March 2012.

Comment

[QUOTE=BoZz;10767906]I see lot's of duckqiao fans running around like chicken with no heads all lost and sh**..they can't believe that floyd vs ortiz means more than duckqiaos last 7 sneaky catch weight fights.[/QUOTE]

So funny to see stupid guys like you.
                    Compare Ortiz and Cotto.
                    Compare Ortiz and Marquez.

I'll wait for your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by JSS View Post
                      Everyone already has Fraud winning the fight, IMO should Ortiz start banging away at the body early (hoping for future dividends in the later rounds) and taking some of Frauds confidence away Ortiz may have his chance. Fraud my move his head around but his body will stationary. The old adage should still ring true, kill the and the head will follow. I know Fraud isn't Berto, he's more elusive; but just what if Ortiz does find Fraud in the later rounds, after banging the body for over 5rds. IMO, I'll go against the odds for an ugly upset via a late TKO(ref or corner stoppage) or KO - and look forward to Pacquiao vs. Ortiz in Feb or March 2012.
                      You lay out a good picture in theory but that's not reality. Ortiz already has a major flaw, whether at 140 or even welter, in that he leans in too much and squares up. To dig to the body against this shoulder roll, defensive genius would mean Ortiz is squaring up constantly especially when Floyd goes to the ropes. All this will do is invite that lead right from Floyd and this kid will get peppered and by the 8th, Floyd will be doing the walking and stalking down. The way to beat Floyd is work behind that jab and then mix in some body shots. Kind of like Oscar's blueprint but sustain it especially from Ortiz' southpaw stance. But to dig to the body early, like you lay out, would be the kiss of death for a kid that already has amateurish flaws when it comes to balance and squaring up. Bad look.

Comment

Working...
                      X