No announcement yet.

Mayweather Promises excitement, not moving, bringing pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    I've seen all those fights. He was fighting off his back leg and running/clinching/throwing elbows/ducking below his opponents waist and hardly threw any punches in those fights. Yea some of them ended in KO's but that was because that fighter had to move up to fight Floyd (Corrales, Hatton) and/or had ZERO headmovement and were walking punching bags like Gatti.

I don't hate pure boxers. Floyd isn't a pure boxer because hes sucks offensively. James Toney has the same defensive style as Floyd but is more a "Pure Boxer" because he has great offense. Floyd is more Malinaggi than James Toney.
    You just don't like his style, if a boxer is gonna be over aggressive he is going to lure him in, and counter, why not make it easier on himself, plus if you ever notice, he walks forward a lot and only steps back when the boxer throws at him, as part of his defense. Corrales didn't move up, he was the 130lb champion, Hatton was a former Welter champ.

Yes Floyd is a pure boxer, he sucks offensively? The most accurate boxer in compubox history, his offense sucks, dude come on. What are you watching.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
      vs vic, can't wait for pbf to keep this promise.....

and also more so vs pac.........or even cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Where in my post did i say how i expect him to fight? I knkw how he's gonna fight. The same as always, and he always says he's coming for people and going for the ko and he jjst doesnt do it. Wow, the sensitivity of you floyd fans is at an all time high today (not one of you read or could comprehend it).

So its stupid to quote him and act like he's going to do sOmething different.
        How many other Boxers has made similar statements or promises, but on fight night they couldn't delivered on what they stated or promised? It's not that different when Shane said he would tried to KO Manny, but then, we all seen what he did throughout the whole fight. But of course, you gonna play the ["Shane Mosley has always given fans exciting fights" ]card.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          You're dumber than that 15yr old **** huey if you think im a "*******".

Hey huey, stfu cuz ill easily ruin your baby a$$.
          Actually was agreeing to hueys statement about *******s, wasn't paying attention and didnt notice it was towards you specifically, I don't think your a *******.

Comment

ThEn dontmake threads when floyd says the same old thing before every figt when we know whats gonna happen.

And i ripped manny off hard for not ko'ing shane and said many times that its garbage if he doesnt get shane out of there. So im sure that wasnt directed towards me, if it was, you were mistaken.

And bringing uparquez wasnt a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
              vs vic, can't wait for pbf to keep this promise.....

and also more so vs pac.........or even cotto
              I figured he would fight in this manner anyways, hope he does too, this fight will be exciting even if its one sided, I think Ortiz showed he ain't backing down or giving up anymore, but Floyd can take your confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                I've seen all those fights. He was fighting off his back leg and running/clinching/throwing elbows/ducking below his opponents waist and hardly threw any punches in those fights. Yea some of them ended in KO's but that was because that fighter had to move up to fight Floyd (Corrales, Hatton) and/or had ZERO headmovement and were walking punching bags like Gatti.

I don't hate pure boxers. Floyd isn't a pure boxer because hes sucks offensively. James Toney has the same defensive style as Floyd but is more a "Pure Boxer" because he has great offense. Floyd is more Malinaggi than James Toney.
                Corrales moved up in weight to fight Mayweather?

Please, elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Tiger View Post
                  How many other Boxers has made similar statements or promises, but on fight night they couldn't delivered on what they stated or promised? It's not that different when Shane said he would tried to KO Manny, but then, we all seen what he did throughout the whole fight. But of course, you gonna play the ["Shane Mosley has always given fans exciting fights" ]card.

Floyd has a much greater history of it than shane and anyone else you can bring up. My point is that the thread is pointless, it serves no purpose except to just make another thread about floyd for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I find Mayweather's style exciting to watch personally.

You really have to bring out the aggressiveness in Mayweather. I think if Shane didn't tag him early he wouldn't have been so aggressive.
                    Same here, Mate. You want to take Floyd out of his comfort zone, then you're gonna have to try hard to make him fight at his weakest level. I don't know why it's so hard for some fans to understand it. That's why I'm really hoping the Pacquiao can happen. I want to see if Manny can force him do things that he didn't normally did in his other previous fights.

Comment

If Ortiz can apply smart pressure and not get to reckless he might not have a choice in standing and exchanging more he is 34 and he has slowed a bit in recent fights not to mention this lay-off

Comment

Working...
                      X