Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: "Floyd is on to something...I wanted to take things a step further"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, testing is pretty expensive. Hopefully that Nevada law will help pay for it.

Comment

The idea of OST was never the problem. It was the man behind the idea and his intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        What kind of odds are you giving this time son?

I hope the rematch is in Denmark and that Kessler punishes him for a round or two before putting him to sleep.
        I'll give you some good odds. Let's just hope the rematch gets signed first. I'm a Kessler fan too so I hope he beats Stieglitz and Ward beats Froch, and Bute beats Pavlik, so that everything can go forward. If it's in Denmark, that would be a classy move by Ward. But I would be very concerned with the scorecards, not too concerned with the way Ward performs. But I never heard of Denmark being involved in any bad scorecards. They had the right scorecards in the Kessler-Froch fight.

Yes Vibora, you get 5% of BattlingNelson's purse.

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
          People don't realise that this is going to kill the sport on the club level which will eventually help kill the sport. Small time trainers, promoters, fighters and managers won't be able to pay for this if it's forced. There goes the regional and club shows. Where do you idiots think these fighters start out? This is about having more control over the sport. Open your eyes people.
          A lot of fighters have already been doing OST it wont kill the sport. I know in Germany, specifically Sauerland fighters take OST. All Olympic boxers have taken OST. So why are we kidding ourselves if we know that people are cheating then let's take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I'll give you some good odds. Let's just hope the rematch gets signed first. I'm a Kessler fan too so I hope he beats Stieglitz and Ward beats Froch, and Bute beats Pavlik, so that everything can go forward. If it's in Denmark, that would be a classy move by Ward. But I would be very concerned with the scorecards, not too concerned with the way Ward performs. But I never heard of Denmark being involved in any bad scorecards. They had the right scorecards in the Kessler-Froch fight.

Kessler fan kevin? If I can green you I will in a moment.

Kessler has never ever fought as bad as he did against Ward. If Ward wins in Denmark afer he beats Froch in the s6 we are looking at the GOAT at 168.

Denmark has had it's share of terrible decisions, but as you point out Froch-Kessler wasn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
              Don't forget me! I'm battlingnelson's trainer so I get 5% of his purse.
              'Tucan' in the HOF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                The problem is, how are you going to fund drug testing in title fights where both boxers are making very little?
                You can't...but at least if it was put in place for the big fights then cheats wouldn't be able to win titles or unify divisions.

If random drug testing isn't going to be installed across the board, then it isn't worth doing.
                Disagree.

This decision needs to come from the top and not from the mouths of Ward or Mayweather. Yes they are right to flag up the issue, but the problem is a regulatory one, and thus needs to be resolved by the governing bodies and the relevant boxing boards and commissions.
                Agree, but the fighters can set an example and shame them into doing something.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Ward would be No.1 if he beats Froch so any rematch will be in Vegas (or Oakland). I don't think Ward would fight in Denmark anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  'Tucan' in the HOF!!!

Yessir! Coming soon!

Comment

They should just do the testing thing 4 championship bouts or out f request of a fighter, I personally dont wanna c Mayweather vs Manny fight go down and 2 years goes by an they find out manny was using or Floyd was using, and then we would have to go back and see if the fight was actually legit. I just dont wanna have the same **** as MLB where MF put * by **** and pretend **** didnt happen thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                      A lot of fighters have already been doing OST it wont kill the sport. I know in Germany, specifically Sauerland fighters take OST. All Olympic boxers have taken OST. So why are we kidding ourselves if we know that people are cheating then let's take care of it.
                      You obviosly did'nt read what I said. If it's forced than the regional fights and club fights will end. Boxing people don't have the money to pay for it. Most small time promoters will give up on the sport. They are trying to get control over the sport. Unless you make $40 million a fight it's not really worth it. If you're someone making $500 000 a fight why would you do it. You have to realise there are only 2 fighters raking in millions. There is a million other fighters that fight for food.

The world is suffering and Americans don't care. Even though it's happening in their own country. Abunch of sheeple that just go with the flow but have no clue.

Comment

Working...
                      X