No announcement yet.

Steve Cunningham: "Wlad is an unbelievable athlete"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    But yet you said Chagaev was the true WBA champ. If you believe that you should also believe Haye was undisputed. You ******.

chagaev WAS THE TRUE champion from my perspective you ****** , the fact is : wba stripped him and gave the belt to valuev

it dosen't matter what i think , or what you think , we all know haye " should've been " undisputed champion , and we also know that wlad should've been the WBA heavyweight champion

but sancitoning bodies have the last saying , it's the sanctioning body's recognition that gives a fighter the undisputed status , you can't change that fact.

and also ,david haye was never introduced as " undisputed " champion in any of his recent fights

Comment

But yet you said Chagaev was the true WBA champ. If you believe that you should also believe Haye was undisputed. You ******.

and you actually proved my point , we all know wlad beat chagaev , chagaev never lost the wba belt in the ring prior to that fight . so we know that he should've won the wba title , the key world here is " SHOULD'VE " , he didn't , nobody is considering wlad a wba champion at this point . the same way nobody should consider haye an undisputed champion
      Last edited by paypayvay; 06-27-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

If Chagaev was the true WBA champ then Mormeck was the true IBF champ. So Haye was undisputed by your logic, thanks.
        Listen you guys, a fighter need not hold ALL the belts to be LINEAL champ. Briggs was recognised as the lineal champ because he'd beaten the previous lineal champ, but held only ONE belt, and was by NO means, the best fighter. And there wre many other examples.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
          chagaev WAS THE TRUE champion from my perspective you ****** , the fact is : wba stripped him and gave the belt to valuev

it dosen't matter what i think , or what you think , we all know haye " should've been " undisputed champion , and we also know that wlad should've been the WBA heavyweight champion

but sancitoning bodies have the last saying , it's the sanctioning body's recognition that gives a fighter the undisputed status , you can't change that fact.

and also ,david haye was never introduced as " undisputed " champion in any of his recent fights
          There's only Hopkins and Taylor in the history of the sport that has held all 4 belts.

Lennox Lewis
          O'Neil Bell
          Roy Jones Jr.
          Winky Wright
          Cory Spinks
          Zab Judah
          Kostya Tszyu

All these fighters won 3 of the 4 belts but were considered undisputed, but you say they are not. I've only included fighters from 2000 onward.

Comment

to summarize everything :

undisputed champion : a champion who is recognized by the 4 sanctioning bodies ( ibf , wba , wbo , wbc )

david haye = should've been the undisputed champion , but bell was stripped of his IBF belt , he then lost to mormeck , who lost to haye . at the time haye had 3 belts, steve had the iibf , david didn't get the recognition by the IBF , therefore , by definition he was not undisputed , but he was lineal and accepted as THE world champion.

wladimir klitschko = should've been the WBA champion , but he's not , since chagaev's title was not no the line in that fight because the wba refused to sanction the fight . chagaev was stripped and wlad was unified champion by lineage from a fan perspective , still it didn't matter since tthe wba gave the belt to valuev who lost to haye , who is now the WBA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION .

haye = should've been undisputed but wasn't
            wlad = should've been wba champion but isn't

period
            Last edited by paypayvay; 06-27-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

There's only Hopkins and Taylor in the history of the sport that has held all 4 belts.

Lennox Lewis
              O'Neil Bell
              Roy Jones Jr.
              Winky Wright
              Cory Spinks
              Zab Judah
              Kostya Tszyu

All these fighters won 3 of the 4 belts but were considered undisputed, but you say they are not. I've only included fighters from 2000 onward.

did you notice something in common between them ? none of them needed the WBO belt

the wbo was not recognized by the other 3 sanctioning bodies and IBHOF until recently , the wbo was fringe belt like the ibo is today

did you start watching boxing post 2005 ?

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
                did you notice something in common between them ? none of them needed the WBO belt

the wbo was not recognized by the other 3 sanctioning bodies and IBHOF until recently , the wbo was fringe belt like the ibo is today

did you start watching boxing post 2005 ?
                From 2000 onward the WBO belt was considered a major belt, why is O'neil Bell considered an Undiputed champ from holding 3 belts but Haye isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  All of them would beat Haye.

Haye carefully selects mostly old men who have been KOed before like age 38 Barrett, age 38 Ruiz and age 39 Harrison because he wants opponents that will make him look good.

Wlad just fights the best available opposition.

But with this fight with Wladimir, Haye is cashing out with a huge payday.
                  Wlad has never been koed,come on Tunny i know you like the brothers.

Comment

From 2000 onward the WBO belt was considered a major belt, why is O'neil Bell considered an Undiputed champ from holding 3 belts but Haye isn't?
                    incorrect

just in 2008 , the international boxing hall of fame and the ring magazine did not recognize the wbo as a legitimate world title .
                    the IBF does not recognize the WBO too

Comment

Let's bet: 100 million points that Wlad beats Haye.

Don't be a b1tch and demand odds - you've been saying for a long time IN AS MANY WORDS that Haye is great and Wlad is a bum, so if you are telling the truth and really believe that, you must believe you'll win the bet.

You don't need to worry, I won't kill myself if Haye wins, and I'm an honorable man who pays his debts.

Comment

Working...
                      X