Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was a coward move to have 10 rounder against Lucas.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    montiel-cermeno wasint a title fight,Yet it was for a 12 rounder.
    THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      oh stop it u guys.This was a ten rounder to favor alexander,Knowing he
      could of gassed out.This should of been 12 rounds.Alexander got paid over
      a million for it.
      I meant thank you for this post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        it wasnt a title fight dude
        Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Sure:

1. To see who's #1 in that division

2. Two top 10 P4P fighters/or at least one of them is a top 10 P4P fighter

3. Tournaments like Super 6, Bantamweight tourney etc.

Alexander vs Mataysay had none of these. Neither are P4P fighters, this was not part of a tourney, not for a belt, this wasn't gonna determine who's #1 at 140, i'll go as far as to say this fight wasn't even that meaningful, just a comeback fight for both fighters. Because depending on the meaning of the fight, you can make it 12 rounds.

Also a fighter who maybe wants to shake the cobwebs may request 12 rounds.

But like I said, 2 rounds more would have probably given us a clearer winner.
        Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Being a top fighter is irrelevant.

When 2 contenders fight each other. The norm length of the fight is 10 rounds. So WTF is all this hoopla about?
        There are exceptions to the rule.

Fights between contenders in none title fights are 10 rounds. That's the rule.

Fights between contenders in none title fights that go past 12 rounds. Are the exception to the rule.

So I ask again WTF is the issue?
        It was a 140Lb WBO title Elminator. It should have been 12 rds. Alexander is a cheat and a phaggot. They saw Matthysse brutalize Judah in the Championship rds and needed yet another crooked fix to ensure their air punching ****** got a "win"
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 06-26-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Main events should be 12 rounds. It's simple as that. It's what fans expect and it's what fighters should provide. When was the last time an HBO main event was 10 rounds? This isn't an undercard we're talking about here. Alexander gypped us of 2 rounds by quitting early against Bradley and he gimped us of 2 rounds by quitting early in negotiations against Matthyse.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 06-26-2011, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
            can you clarify the bold?
            Prospects usually fights 4-6 rounds.

You get fringe contenders and prospects who going into contender status usually fight 8 rounds.

You have contenders fighting in none title fights. Usually fight 10 rounds.

There are exceptions like Oscar-Forbes, Tito-Jones, Oscar-Pac, Montiel-Cermeno, JMM-Mayweather. Where they're the exceptions and go past 10.

But, those are exceptions. The normal length is 10 rounds.

Comment

When you have 2 guys who are contenders the norm is 10 rounds. When did you guys start watching boxing?

Comment

Prospects usually fights 4-6 rounds.

You get fringe contenders and prospects who going into contender status usually fight 8 rounds.

You have contenders fighting in none title fights. Usually fight 10 rounds.

There are exceptions like Oscar-Forbes, Tito-Jones, Oscar-Pac, Montiel-Cermeno, JMM-Mayweather. Where they're the exceptions and go past 10.

But, those are exceptions. The normal length is 10 rounds.
                Not in Title Eliminators, stop defending that coward

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Not in Title Eliminators, stop defending that coward
                  I'm defending him in idiots calling him a coward. When in his last 4 fights he proves he's anything but a coward. He's a fringe contender fighter at best. He's not that good. He was overhyped tremendously just cuz' of one damn uppercut. But, at the end of the day he's no coward and his track record proves that. I got over the Kotelnik robbery, maybe you should too. Or is there something else you have against him? Maybe skin color or Nationality? I go with the latter.

Comment

I'm defending him in idiots calling him a coward. When in his last 4 fights he proves he's anything but a coward. He's a fringe contender fighter at best. He's not that good. He was overhyped tremendously just cuz' of one damn uppercut. But, at the end of the day he's no coward and his track record proves that. I got over the Kotelnik robbery, maybe you should too. Or is there something else you have against him? Maybe skin color or Nationality? I go with the latter.
                    Although i agree he is not a coward i wouldnt cite his last 4 fights as the reason since the Bradley fight was one of those fights.

Comment

He should be 0-3 in his last 3 fights, two robberies and a quit job all the while some American fans and pundits suck his **** like he's an elite fighter. That's what i have against him and all indications point to this cheating trend continuing.

Never really picked you as some clown that would try to make your points more "valid" by simply trying to pass off the person you diagree with as a racist. Glad i know now.

and it was a WBO Title Eliminator which should have been 12 rds, that's why people are complaining, as they should.

Comment

Working...
                      X