Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank god, Martinez-Barker IS NOT finalized!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    According to a Dan Rafeal blog HBO wants Martinez to fight Daniel Geale.
    The problem is, Geale wants a hometown defense first. But anytime after October this fight doesn't make sense because Sergio could just fight Chavez instead, which is a bigger fight.

Geale should just do it. Its probably his biggest payday ever, and he'll most likely never ever get a shot at a top 3 p4p fighter ever again.
    Last edited by BoxerDood; 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Come come now homey,we hard core fans & Martinez supporters do not post like that.We do not say that he'll beat them anyway so why bother.We expect our fighters to fight the best.Straighten up homey,we keep that **** gangsta on our end.If Martinez does fight this unheardof,he better handle business the next time out,or he'll be put on blast.We leave that **** at the door for *****s & *******s to pick up.
      I mean who between 154 160 can beat him? I know this guy is a no name but at least HBO is willing to put him on their air, which they apparently won't do with Pirog. I'd like to see him fight Pirog next personally. I feel that whether it's Pirog, Chavez Jr, Vanes, or this no name dude, Martinez would end up beating them all. I would of course like him to fight the toughest challenge out of the bunch though.

Comment

i'm still hoping the Boxing Gods will give us JCC jr..

Comment

although i'm %95 sure that fight won't happen for a while

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            although i'm %95 sure that fight won't happen for a while
            I think he will vacate the title before fighting Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              like wackypacky vacates the premesis when the doctor comes around to avoid giving blood. :3some:

Comment

I think HBO said they would prefer Geale. At least that would be a unification.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Oh please believe that's what Arum is planning on having Chavez do after the Manfredo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    He's chasing a big money fight with JCC jr

Its time to get out of the division when Barker is the best option
                    ^^^^^^^ word...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I think HBO said they would prefer Geale. At least that would be a unification.
                      And I'm sure Martinez would prefer him too. But the problem is, Geale wants a hometown defense first

Comment

Working...
                      X