Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank god, Martinez-Barker IS NOT finalized!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's basically done.

Dan Rafael' twitter:
    Was told that HBO has approved Darren Barker as the opponent for @maravillabox on Oct. 1. But HBO and @loudibella still haggling over $$.

Middleweight titlist Daniel Geale 1st defense will be Aug 31 in Australia vs. Eromosele Albert, according to Gary Shaw, Geale's US promoter.

Comment

This is a bull**** fight if ive ever seen one, and HBO is full of **** for showing it...

Amazing how they turn down Williams-Ishida for not being "challenging" but turn around and put on this garbage ass Martinez-Barker fight. If this happens, Paul Williams should never again catch **** for trying to get that Ishida fight. Unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by size15shoe View Post
        This is a bull**** fight if ive ever seen one, and HBO is full of **** for showing it...

Amazing how they turn down Williams-Ishida for not being "challenging" but turn around and put on this garbage ass Martinez-Barker fight. If this happens, Paul Williams should never again catch **** for trying to get that Ishida fight. Unacceptable.
        hbo turned down martinez/zbik i think, but headlined chavez/zbik for the title...hbo is messed up from time to time. this barker fight is a done deal (signed), martinez's camp has been talking about it already in different interviews....i really wish it wasn't though cause geale is having trouble with his upcoming fight, that would've been great. martinez/geale for the IBF & WBC Diamond belts. martinez needs to really go after those belts next year, time isn't on his side.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          hbo turned down martinez/zbik i think, but headlined chavez/zbik for the title...hbo is messed up from time to time. this barker fight is a done deal (signed), martinez's camp has been talking about it already in different interviews....i really wish it wasn't though cause geale is having trouble with his upcoming fight, that would've been great. martinez/geale for the IBF & WBC Diamond belts. martinez needs to really go after those belts next year, time isn't on his side.

I swear I dont understand HBO.. And believe me, this wasnt a rant against Martinez in any way. I just think fair is fair. We fans want the best fights, but Martinez will MURDER this dude, the same way Williams would have MURDERED Ishida. I dont follow their logic of cancelling P-Will but green-lighting this fight.. Mindboggling..

Now, Id like to see Martinez-Geale. I think Martinez can clean out 160lbs division (titleholder-wise). Ironically, the best fight available for him really may be Williams III; P-Will seems like the only guy willing to get in the ring and get it on with him...

Comment

I don't care one way or the other really. Pirog is the only one of the possible opponents I have ever even see fight, and even he is pretty irrelevant. If Sergio dominated him he'd be given no more credit than he received for dominating Sergi in this last outing, a guy who had accomplished much more in his career than Pirog. It's not like we are talking about Sergio ducking killers here. The lineal MW champ of the world shouldn't have to be calling out guys, they should be calling him out. I do agree the best opponent he can probably land is PW if he proves he isn't shot. Cotto's never fighting him, and even with all this bluster about Chavez fighting him I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

martinez is due an easy one. but i consider it stooping to fight easy second tier liker U.K.barker.

Comment

Martinez calls out smaller fighters Mayweather, Pac and Cotto. But then all he does is fight terrible opposition.

Felix Sturm would school him.

Comment

Working...
                X