No announcement yet.

people's hypocrisy is sickening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
    Yup thats what my point was pac got criticized for making cotto lose 1 pound?!! and like ryann said if cotto said it wasnt an issue then it wasnt. so pac should get credit for the cotto win not criticised.
    How is pointing out true facts criticizing Pac? Respectfully, I haven't discreditted PAc at all. Its like you are suggesting if I point out the truth that somehow I have a hidden agenda in wanting to knock Pac down.

If Pac doesn't enforce the two lbs I have no arguement. So why is it that I am discrediting Pac as opposed to PAc creating an additional advantage for himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
      well, what about cotto's opinion then?
      I responded in another thread. Can you or someone tell me why Pac had to have the fight at 145?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Never said it was the sole reason. But you saw Cotto at a much earlier point in his career. I don't think you can accurateky measure the affect the weight loss had by the time he fought Manny.
        The Clottey fight was about five months before so I don't think it was that much of a factor. I was standing right next to Cotto and he wasn't anywhere close to being drained or dry. He didn't even drink water afterward, just started chatting with reporters. Meanwhile, Clottey sat his ass down and had about five bottles of pedialyte in a row, one after the other. BTW, I have seen Cotto at earlier weigh-ins (against Malignaggi among others) and trust me, when he's drained it shows in his face, his figure...he could barely stand. I know one pound can make a world of difference so you may be right. But that wasn't the impression I got for Cotto from Clottey to Manny.

Comment

I responded in another thread. Can you or someone tell me why Pac had to have the fight at 145?
          maybe cause they wanted an "advantage" with regards to the weight as you say.

wanting to have an advantage and actually having one are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            The Clottey fight was about five months before so I don't think it was that much of a factor. I was standing right next to Cotto and he wasn't anywhere close to being drained or dry. He didn't even drink water afterward, just started chatting with reporters. Meanwhile, Clottey sat his ass down and had about five bottles of pedialyte in a row, one after the other. BTW, I have seen Cotto at earlier weigh-ins (against Malignaggi among others) and trust me, when he's drained it shows in his face, his figure...he could barely stand. I know one pound can make a world of difference so you may be right. But that wasn't the impression I got for Cotto from Clottey to Manny.
            Fair point. In rebuttal, has Cotto fought at 147 since the MAnny fight? If not, would that suggest that my point might be valid?

Comment

How is pointing out true facts criticizing Pac? Respectfully, I haven't discreditted PAc at all. Its like you are suggesting if I point out the truth that somehow I have a hidden agenda in wanting to knock Pac down.

If Pac doesn't enforce the two lbs I have no arguement. So why is it that I am discrediting Pac as opposed to PAc creating an additional advantage for himself?
              They're gonna put words in ur mouth bro,I'm telling U.

Comment

Fair point. In rebuttal, has Cotto fought at 147 since the MAnny fight? If not, would that suggest that my point might be valid?
                Yeah, you could say that makes your point valid. But I don't think that takes away from the quality of Manny's victory though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                  maybe cause they wanted an "advantage" with regards to the weight as you say.

wanting to have an advantage and actually having one are two different things.
                  These are not stupid people. People in and around boxing know the affect extreme weight loss has on the body. We are not talking about me or you losing 2 lbs with p90x. We are talking about highly trained men who have eliminated almost all of their body fat. Knowing this he had to completely alter his regular training and eating regimen to find another 2 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Yeah, you could say that makes your point valid. But I don't think that takes away from the quality of Manny's victory though.
                    For me it suggests that at 147 Cotto's training and eating, which are directly related to performance, would've been different. His ability to absorb punichment would have been better (to what degree I obviously don't know).

But not having to work off the additional 2 lbs of muscle enhances his ability to perform and compete. Does he win I don't know. But I can't give that win the same respect as any other 140 lber coming up to fight the ww champ, IMO.

Comment

For me it suggests that at 147 Cotto's training and eating, which are directly related to performance, would've been different. His ability to absorb punichment would have been better (to what degree I obviously don't know).

But not having to work off the additional 2 lbs of muscle enhances his ability to perform and compete. Does he win I don't know. But I can't give that win the same respect as any other 140 lber coming up to fight the ww champ, IMO.
                      I don't think it enhances his performance at all. Cotto doesn't look better to me at 154. I thought he looked fine against Pac until he started eating those bombs like m&m's. That's always been Cotto's problem, regardless of weight. His defense. Against a hitter like Manny...forget it.

I see what you're saying but to me that was a very impressive win.

Comment

Working...
                      X