No announcement yet.

people's hypocrisy is sickening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    ANy boxing fan knows the negative effect losing two additional lbs has on a man already pushing the lowest limit a healthy human body. If they choose not to acknowledge it because Manny was involved in the fight we can't do anything about it.
    cotto said himself that the weight was a non-issue in the fight.

i'll take his word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post

I saw Cotto at the Clottey weigh-in at 146 and he coulda dropped another pound easy. The weight for Pacquiao was not the reason why he lost.

Comment

It wasn't the weight. Cotto was damaged goods, and Cotto was tailor made for Pacquiao. I remember telling people Cotto was gonna get dismantled with ease in there and people called me crazy.

Cotto is a small WW. The weight wasn't an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I saw Cotto at the Clottey weigh-in at 146 and he coulda dropped another pound easy. The weight for Pacquiao was not the reason why he lost.
          Yup thats what my point was pac got criticized for making cotto lose 1 pound?!! and like ryann said if cotto said it wasnt an issue then it wasnt. so pac should get credit for the cotto win not criticised.

Comment

With all due respect if weight wasnt an issue it wouldn't have been negotiated. There is a reason things like gloves and ring size are negotiated in contracts because the weight and size (respectively) give advantages to certain types of fighters.

Weight is no different. The work required for a fighter who is pushing it to get to 147 tolose another 2 lbs affects his training. Instead of working on strategy the fighter must run or sweat. This istrue for ANY fighter.

Again, if Manny didn't think it would be an advantage he wouldn't have used his negotiating leverage to insist on it.
            ANy boxing fan knows the negative effect losing two additional lbs has on a man already pushing the lowest limit a healthy human body. If they choose not to acknowledge it because Manny was involved in the fight we can't do anything about it.
            I agree with everything U said & I've also said that.But then they claimed that that meant Pacman deserved no credit for the fight.When I never said that.My points were as urs are.If Pacman would have beaten Cotto the same way if he were allowed to weight 147,why did they stipulate that the fight be held at 145??Now after the fight anyone can sit there & say that that outcome would have been the same were Cotto to weight in at 147,but that is not a fact.

Comment

you are missing the point.

they could have asked for it cause they wanted an "advantage"

but on the fight itself, it didn't show that cotto losing 1 pound affected him.

he could have weighed in at 147 and he still would have gotten his ass kicked just as bad
              Your opinion is one that can't be proven.

Comment

Of course he did because he is a no excuses fighter. Just because Cotto showed class doesn't negate years of scientific proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  Yup thats what my point was pac got criticized for making cotto lose 1 pound?!! and like ryann said if cotto said it wasnt an issue then it wasnt. so pac should get credit for the cotto win not criticised.
                  The Cotto win was Pac's last impressive victory. The weight, to me, wasn't a factor. Was Cotto the same guy who fought Mosley? Probably not but he was still a top welter. And Manny hadn't fought a strong, skilled welter at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Never said it was the sole reason. But you saw Cotto at a much earlier point in his career. I don't think you can accurateky measure the affect the weight loss had by the time he fought Manny.

Comment

Your opinion is one that can't be proven.
                      well, what about cotto's opinion then?

Comment

Working...
                      X