Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is starting to rival jordan and woods.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
    he's also been ko'd twice and has 3 losses, he's got mayweather beat on both sides, how does a shoe deal kill mayweather? jcc, rjjr and ward already got deals
    The ego of Mayweather would not be able to handle the fact that Nike (the biggest sports brand in the world) would endorse Pac and not him.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. he has three loses... and?

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      In another sphere, it might be said
      that Pacquiao is starting to rival big
      sporting endorsers such as Michael
      Jordan and the now diminished Tiger
      Woods.

Can you say Air Pacquiao?

Pacman promoter Bob Arum revealed
      to me Tuesday night that the world’s top pound for pound fighter (again,
      unless and until Unbeaten “Money” proves otherwise) will come back to
      the United States for a family vacation
      six days hence.

According to Arum, wife Jinkee and
      their four children will have Manny’s full attention on the sojourn except
      for one huge commercial visit.

“Manny is going to Oregon, up to Nike headquarters to meet the big boss,
      Phil Knight, and all the other top
      people with the company. Nike is
      planning a huge Pacman product line
      along the lines of Air Jordan and all
      the things they did with and for Michael Jordan,” Arum said.
      He's definitely hitting the big time. My son is 8 and comes running to tell me every time an ad is on with Manny on it. On the world level he might have passed Tiger already.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        Pac is such a phenomenal, a non american who can rival m. Jordan and woods in america is unbelievable.
        Do you even live in America? He is NOT EVEN CLOSE to rivaling Jordan or Woods. NOT EVEN CLOSE. He is not even a household name in America yet...

You could go to any small town in the U.S and hell even the world and they would know who Michael Jordan is. You could go to some remote village in Mongolia and they would know who Michael Jordan was.

The average Joe in Small town, USA has barely even heard of Pac.

Filipinos are so ******ed

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
          He's definitely hitting the big time. My son is 8 and comes running to tell me every time an ad is on with Manny on it. On the world level he might have passed Tiger already.
          Your signature tells me everything I need to know about you as a poster here.

Real talk, the reason why Jordan is successful is because he had shoes that appealed to a lot of people. They became fashionable. If Pacquiao wants to become just as successful, he needs to stray away from tacky, stiff design. Even Jordan has had some wack shoes, I'm sure other sneaker heads would agree.

Comment

NO CHANCE! hahahaha, Everybody in the world knows who Tiger Woods is. I have alot of family outside the U.S who I go to visit... They all know who Tiger Woods is. Not that I needed to ask them... Tiger was on shaving ads and stuff like that every single hour over there, Golf was on the sports news every day pretty much.

Pacquiao was never even mentioned, this was right after the Margarito fight and ALL I could find over there was a small, tiny article on the newspaper about it.

Pac ain't even close AT ALL.

Comment

fuck golf.

Comment

Originally posted by :::Mega::: View Post
                NO CHANCE! hahahaha, Everybody in the world knows who Tiger Woods is. I have alot of family outside the U.S who I go to visit... They all know who Tiger Woods is. Not that I needed to ask them... Tiger was on shaving ads and stuff like that every single hour over there, Golf was on the sports news every day pretty much.

Pacquiao was never even mentioned, this was right after the Margarito fight and ALL I could find over there was a small, tiny article on the newspaper about it.

Pac ain't even close AT ALL.
                I'm currently in Asia right now, and sports came up. They asked me what I liked to watch and I told them boxing, American football. When they heard I said boxing, the first name that came up was Mike Tyson.

I asked them if they knew of Manny Pacquiao and they didn't. I don't speak the language but my father does, so he was talking to them and one of my uncles said Tiger Woods. That same uncle looked at me and made golf swing motion and asked me if I knew who he was talking about and I nodded. They're all about soccer here either way though.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                  he's also been ko'd twice and has 3 losses, he's got mayweather beat on both sides, how does a shoe deal kill mayweather? jcc, rjjr and ward already got deals
                  It kills floyd in the inside, floyd probably thinking why his fellow americans wouldn't let him endorse their product but to a non-american and from a third world country, i think was going insane everytime he think about this and he want to punch pac in the face but he was too scared to do it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
                    jordan and woods are american... pacquiao is not an american... so why an american firm in Nike wants pacquiao to carry their brand for boxing...

and why the top american boxer in floyd mayweather jr. endorses Reebok, which was bought by Germany-based Adidas years ago due to near bankruptcy... why Nike don't consider its fellow countryman to endorse their product?...
                    And that is what killing floyd and *****s, their fellow countryman doesn't even recognize floyd who is an american too.

Comment

No doubt about that. Pac success it makes floyd and his fans go insane with jealousy.

Comment

Working...
                      X