No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez: "Miguel Cotto Has No Balls"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    sergio***uals will go 2 any lengths 2 defend STEROIDGIO.
    It's the truth though. The guy has no argument. He says Sergio isn't being 'honest' because he won't go to 168? So what does he call Sergio saying 168 may be too much? A lie?

Get real. The guy is 36.. he wants Pay Per View now. All of the possibles he wanted to fight all have prior engagements and he needs a dance partner for October. He was removed of all his titles.. is now officially the most feared man in boxing.

Why would anyone seriously call out Martinez if he is not a champion anymore? He has to do the calling out now.

Comment

I like Martinez don't get me wrong, but he ain't necessarily knocking down Andre Ward, Lucian Bute, or Mikkel Kessler's door for fights more than the top 3 money makers in Boxing (Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto). Truthfully, I'd probably do the same too if I was being regarded as the #2 fighter in the world. He has a better shot though at landing a Cotto fight than Mayweather or Pacquiao, that I can assure you.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
        What do you mean deal with it.. Then he shouldnt even be thinking of getting any big fights.. He has the height, reach, length, and boxing skills to fight at 168. He wants to be a big star, then go take the risk and fight at 168..He wants a money fight, well he can have those at 168..He complains about not getting his break since the Williams fight, well if he wants his break then he can campaign at 168..
        First of all. Pavlik was damn near too much, williams aswell in terms of size. Sergio is not 6 foot. EVERY top guy at 168 is over 6'1". Bute, Froch, Ward, Kessler are all 6'1. Dirrel is 6'2. and they are all HUGE men naturally. Not everyone wants to jump up in weights their entire careers. It's that simple. DEAL WITH IT.

Just because Pac and Floyd did it means what exactly? They wanted to, good for them. The same question can be asked to any fighter Sergio calls out. 168 is not "his break". By "his break' he is talking big pay days. He already has a name big enough to ask for big events - 168 will not help that at all. He will not do ANY ppv numbers with ANYONE at 168 because NONE OF THEM are that well received in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          I like Martinez don't get me wrong, but he ain't necessarily knocking down Andre Ward, Lucian Bute, or Mikkel Kessler's door for fights more than the top 3 money makers in Boxing (Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto). Truthfully, I'd probably do the same too if I was being regarded as the #2 fighter in the world. He has a better shot though at landing a Cotto fight than Mayweather or Pacquiao, that I can assure you.
          Exactly. And when was the last time a fighter, when "asked who they'd like to fight" ever sought after anyone other than someone they could make a lot of money against?

Cotto is doing the same. He wants Margi or Pacman - they will bring in numbers. He'd take Floyd as well in a heart beat - numbers.

Pacman is no different. He is taking fights that bring in NUMBERS. That's what fighters do when they reach a certain point.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            Exactly. And when was the last time a fighter, when "asked who they'd like to fight" ever sought after anyone other than someone they could make a lot of money against?

Cotto is doing the same. He wants Margi or Pacman - they will bring in numbers. He'd take Floyd as well in a heart beat - numbers.

Pacman is no different. He is taking fights that bring in NUMBERS. That's what fighters do when they reach a certain point.

Comment

whats wrong with this?? i agree with him somewhat. cotto has seemed to have lost his balls since the margarito fight. that was the last time he fought anyone i would gie a serio7us chance of beating him.

with that said, that baker fight is pretty indefensible. but its not for lack of trying. he tried to get fights with both rubio and geale. both turned him down. its really hard to criticize a guy whos at the top of his division and none of the lower guys really wanna fight.

Comment

Martinez wants to fight and no one wants to give it to him.

That's what sucks about being really good. I guess Sergio will have to take the moniker that PWill used to have.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6659035

How dare he say that to Cotto who has faced the best all of hius career and givin the fans all he has? I have lost a lot of respect for Sergio.
                  interesting portion of the article;

" Martinez has animosity toward Cotto because he said Cotto refused to shake his hand when they ran into each other at a function in Mexico a couple of months ago. "

I read through the article real quick but didn't see the part where he says he has no balls. - Nevermind found the quote
                  Last edited by ChiTown2Diego; 06-14-2011, 12:06 PM. Reason: nevermind found the quote

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    whats wrong with this?? i agree with him somewhat. cotto has seemed to have lost his balls since the margarito fight. that was the last time he fought anyone i would gie a serio7us chance of beating him.

with that said, that baker fight is pretty indefensible. but its not for lack of trying. he tried to get fights with both rubio and geale. both turned him down. its really hard to criticize a guy whos at the top of his division and none of the lower guys really wanna fight.
                    He's two fights removed from the Pac fight and he's going to fight Margarito, the man who beat Cotto and pummeled Martinez. I don't see what's wrong with Cotto going with Margs first and foremost.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post

Please stop, too much truth in one post. Common sense isn't as common as it use to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X