Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Ortiz and Pacquiao does he retire as the greatest fighter of our time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon people, Bhop (and maybe even Pacquiao) would still be ahead of FMJ if he beat Ortiz and Pacquiao then retired. I'm a Mayweather fan.

Comment

No but if he beat pac he finishes ahead of him and that would shut up these tards on NSB.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boxingtech718v2;10684620]No but if he beat pac he finishes ahead of him and that would shut up these tards on NSB.[/QUOTE]

That day cant come soon enough!!!!!!!!

Comment

there will still be a lingering feeling that he somehow avoided certain fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Dont mention Baldy as he is real bad with how many losses?
            But, you just said "Pac beat Margarito who is a big guy".

What does the fact he's a 'big guy' have to do with anything?

Case in point; Floyd's win over Baldomir. Who is a 'big guy'.

Him being a big guy doesn't change the fact it's not a win that's going to enhance his legacy. Just like Margarito for Pac.

Hatton was p4p, as was Cotto, as was DLH, as was Barreara and JMM.
            De La Hoya? De La Hoya was not in the Top 10 P4P when he fought Pac. And wasn't considered to be for many years prior to that.

Hatton, Cotto, Barerra and Marquez were all ranked in the Top 10 P4P, though.

Then again; Mosley, Hatton and Corrales were in the Top 10 P4P when Floyd fought them. (As was Marquez but again for obvious reasons that doesn't count)

No, i think Pac has more.
            Has more what? Fighters on his resume who were in the Top 5 P4P?

If so, no, he doesn't. They both have 2.

But why cant Floyd just not be so cautious all the time.
            I don't know, why are you asking me? Ask him.

He has to get credit on a tecnicality all the time. How often do you hear he beat Hatton first. That is all floyd fans can say, scraping the bottom of the barrell.
            This is coming from the guy who tried to claim Oscar was in the top 10 P4P when Pac fought him?

Floyds got a lot to prove, and he knows what hes got to do, so why dont you just allow him to do it? Stop making excuses for the guy he is a big boy.
            He hasn't got alot to prove. If he beats Pac he will be probably considered greater than Pac, or atleast close.

I know that's hard to hear for you, though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Case in point; Floyd's win over Baldomir. Who is a 'big guy'.

Him being a big guy doesn't change the fact it's not a win that's going to enhance his legacy. Just like Margarito for Pac..
              But Margarito is a big guy that people think FLoyd ducked. Surely that is in Pacs favour that he retired the guy FLoyd tried to avoid.

De La Hoya? De La Hoya was not in the Top 10 P4P when he fought Pac. And wasn't considered to be for many years prior to that.

Hatton, Cotto, Barerra and Marquez were all ranked in the Top 10 P4P, though.

Then again; Mosley, Hatton and Corrales were in the Top 10 P4P when Floyd fought them. (As was Marquez but again for obvious reasons that doesn't count)

Has more what? Fighters on his resume who were in the Top 5 P4P?

If so, no, he doesn't. They both have 2..
              But Pac beat more ATGs. Has Floyd ever beaten one yet as a matter of fact. Oh yeah, probably DLH. And maybe i remember incorrectly that DLH became a p4p on the basis of taking Floyd so close.

He hasn't got alot to prove. If he beats Pac he will be probably considered greater than Pac, or atleast close.

I know that's hard to hear for you, though.
              First things first is beat Sergio martinez. Last thing i heard was Sergio snatched Floyds no2 position. WHats floyd going to do about that ya think? I think he should beat Sergio and shout how dare you have the audacity to take my no2 spot?

Comment

Why anybody responses to that idiot Hugh Grant is beyond me. He's in the top 10 of worst posters on this site. He's an idiot who doesn't know anything about the sport. He's a troll. No need to respond to him. I don't even read his crappy posts anymore.

Comment

But Margarito is a big guy that people think FLoyd ducked. Surely that is in Pacs favour that he retired the guy FLoyd tried to avoid.
                  Mayweather avoided Margarito in 2006. Pacquaio fought him in November of 2010. Margarito is an utterly different level of fighter at that time.

Why is this so difficult to grasp?

But Pac beat more ATGs. Has Floyd ever beaten one yet as a matter of fact.
                  Yes, he has.

Oh yeah, probably DLH. And maybe i remember incorrectly that DLH became a p4p on the basis of taking Floyd so close.
                  So, you thought, that Oscar De La Hoya, who wasn't on in the Top 10 P4P list when he fought Floyd, and hadn't been mnay years prior, was entered into the list because he lost to Floyd? Is that what you thought?

Talk about reaching.

First things first is beat Sergio martinez. Last thing i heard was Sergio snatched Floyds no2 position. WHats floyd going to do about that ya think? I think he should beat Sergio and shout how dare you have the audacity to take my no2 spot?
                  Why are you asking me what Floyd will do? I have no idea.

Floyd will most likely move back to P4P #2 after the Ortiz fight (assuming he wins)

And this still doesn't change the fact that if Floyd beats Ortiz and Pac he will most likely be considered greater than Pac. Or atleast close.

Don't lose too much sleep over it. That's a big if.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-12-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

he better stop ducking manny , wifebeater is a pu55y

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Why anybody responses to that idiot Hugh Grant is beyond me. He's in the top 10 of worst posters on this site. He's an idiot who doesn't know anything about the sport. He's a troll. No need to respond to him. I don't even read his crappy posts anymore.
                      Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Pac and Floyd, Pac is the greater fighter. He's resume and accomplishment is greater than Floyd. However, Floyd is the better fighter, he's more skilled. And, in a H2H match up Floyd probably would win. But, if we're talking about who's greater. It's Pac..

Says the pernel witaker fan who says Floyd is a better fighter than Pac because he has more skills than Pac. Well, everyone seems to have more skills than Pac, but Pac still beats them.
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 06-13-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X