Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andre Ward and Carl Froch fight OUTSIDE America and Europe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Andre Ward and Carl Froch fight OUTSIDE America and Europe?

When the super six competitors initially entered the tournament, it was agreed in principle that the final fight would be held in America. But now that we've reached the final and a European and American have both made it through, is it 100% fair on the European fighter that the final be held in the USA?

It would be a shame for the fight to be ruined by questionable judging or refereeing which have, in some people's view, already played a part in both Ward and Froch fights. For example, many felt that Ward should have been penalized for headbutting against Kessler (which could have changed the way the fight played out) and others felt that Dirrell beat Froch by decision.

So, in my opinion, the Final should be held outside of Europe and the USA to reduce the risk of hometown judging or refereeing which, in an event as prestigious as this one, certainly has a real risk of occurring. It would be a damn shame for the final to be ruined that way.
    Agree.. fight should be held Outside USA or UK/Europe
    33.33%
    USA.. fight should be held in USA
    19.05%
    UK/Europe.. fight should be held in UK/Europe
    38.10%
    Disagree.. fight should be held Inside either USA or UK/Europe
    9.52%

If they were smart they'd do it in england.

Surely they'd draw much better.

What's ward's fanbase? Fellow queers from frisco?

Comment

It's a Showtime Tourney, Showtime is from the U.S. Fight should be in the U.S.

The only fighters who should be fighting in England are English vs English. If not, you won't get a fair shake as we have seen time after time.

Comment

Will that be the excuse if Froch loses? "Oh he had to fight in the US!"

As long as the 3 Judges as well as the Ref are not from the US, then I don't think it will be any problem what so ever

Showtime is a company/network from the US why in the hell would they have the finals OUTSIDE OF THE US?

Besides maybe Nottingham lol...I think Froch is going to need a KO no matter where the fight is

Comment

Just have it in the US and get officials who are known to have handled big fights with common sense in the past.

It's unfortunate that Ward has fought at home so much and Froch has fought abroad so much. But the best active fighters in the world (Pac and Martinez) haven't fought in their home countries for a long, long time, so location isn't as big a deal as people make out as long as you have good officials.

Comment

It should happen in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

Final type venue and final type atmosphere for the final fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

The only fighters who should be fighting in England are English vs English. If not, you won't get a fair shake as we have seen time after time.
              showtime doesn't give a fuck where it's held as long as it's shown on u.s. time.

have the fight in england but do it by the usual showtime broadcast time.

more money at the gate in england.

as far as judges , they don't have to be english.

or is ward the only one allowed to have fights in his backyard?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Just have it in the US and get officials who are known to have handled big fights with common sense in the past.

It's unfortunate that Ward has fought at home so much and Froch has fought abroad so much. But the best active fighters in the world (Pac and Martinez) haven't fought in their home countries for a long, long time, so location isn't as big a deal as people make out as long as you have good officials.
                I couldn't agree more. If it's in England I think it should be in a stadium or you might as well just do it in the US because some of those UK fights I notice their not that much bigger then Atlantic city and still Froch-Johnson had a packed house it seemed so it really doesn't matter.

Atlantic city sounds good to me but anything else would be fine too as long as the refs & judges are from different countries or like Clegg said as long as they got a good track record.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  Will that be the excuse if Froch loses? "Oh he had to fight in the US!"

As long as the 3 Judges as well as the Ref are not from the US, then I don't think it will be any problem what so ever

Showtime is a company/network from the US why in the hell would they have the finals OUTSIDE OF THE US?

Besides maybe Nottingham lol...I think Froch is going to need a KO no matter where the fight is
                  Super six already had fights outside of the US.. why do you insist that the final between a UK and US fighter has to be in the US?

Did you forget...?

Froch vs Dirrell = UK
                  Kessler vs Froch = Denmark
                  Froch vs Abraham = Finland
                  Abraham vs Taylor = Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    showtime doesn't give a fuck where it's held as long as it's shown on u.s. time.

have the fight in england but do it by the usual showtime broadcast time.

more money at the gate in england.

as far as judges , they don't have to be english.

or is ward the only one allowed to have fights in his backyard?
                    I don't think all the judges were English in the Froch-Dirrell fight.

And why do you want the fight to be in England os badly, are you planning on going to watch it in England?

As long as Ward whoops Froch and gets the right decision, I don't care where the fight is.

But if Ward whoops Froch in England, and Froch gets the decision, then all that shit about about "England will draw more people" will be overshadowed by bad scorecards. We don't need anymore bad scorecards.

And you don't seem to realize bad scorecards actually happen in the U.S. against U.S. fighters vs a foreign fighter, example: Hopkins vs Calzaghe, Calzaghe gets the nod, any other country would help their fighter out and give it to Hopkins. Whitaker vs Chavez in the U.S...Whitaker gets robbed.

So it's like the U.S. are like these other countries that like robbing foreign fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X