Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really pray Roy Jones Jr. is retiring. He is ruining his reputation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
    Did you hear him last night on the HBO broadcast when Bob asked him flat out if he is going to continue boxing? Roy clearly has no intention of stopping. He said the Russian fans made him feel like Michael Jackson after the Thriller album..who wouldn't want to feel like that?

I feel bad for him but what can you do.
    Didn't tune in untill after that. He is going to seriously Hurt himself and his rep.

Comment

I can understand his love for the sport, but why step up too high in competition? Why not face lower level competition? I want him gone honestly, but if he's gonna stay...then atleast do that.

Comment

In 50 years no one will remember those fights, they'll remember how freakin good he was when it mattered.

I am concerned for his health though, got really worried when he was KO'd the last time. It was truly horrible to see.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
          Nothing he can do now will hurt his legacy. It's his health people should worry about.
          That's not true at all and I hate when people say this. Roy is hurting his legacy by doing what he's doing. Hopkins has passed him up as the 3rd best of this era. Had Roy retired when he was supposed to, Hopkins would not of been able to pass him no matter what. He is clearly hurting his legacy and is now considered a flash in the pan type fighter, great for a period but no longevity. Had he retired we wouldn't of been able to say that.

As for him retiring, let the man do what he wants. Roy knows the dangers and can decide for himself but I don't want to hear complaining from people if he dies in the ring. This is what he wants so suffer the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
            I can understand his love for the sport, but why step up too high in competition? Why not face lower level competition? I want him gone honestly, but if he's gonna stay...then atleast do that.
            Why would a fighter that reached Roys status really want to lower his expectations for himself. Roy truly believes he still can compete with the best and clearly has a lot of pride. He will always want to fight the very best, as he should. The moment you realize you can't do this, he will retire.

Comment

jeff lacy was stoped

Comment

Working...
              X