Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley ducking Khan.. Did it Damage his image as a warrior who'll fight anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley ducking Khan.. Did it Damage his image as a warrior who'll fight anyone?

Damn, nearly everyone now agrees that Bradley simply ducked the Khan fight but I seen one or two posts still trying to flip the story. Sure, there may have been additional factors, but the guy said "what if i lose the fight, im outta the pacquiao mayweather payday" (or words to that effect)

Caught red handed in the duck. There's no argument anymore. Yeah, yeah gary shaw this, gary shaw that.. whatever man.. Bradley said what he said, anything else is secondary to him admitting that he's worried about being beaten by Khan. Anything other than that is meaningless compared to him admitting his concerns about losing.

But so what? Bradley isn't the first fighter to duck a fight, everyone knows that. Millions of fighters ducked fights before, and they'll duck fights again. It happens.. Bradley could gain confidence after a few fights time and he could stop ducking in the future. Just because he ducked one fight, it doesn't mean he's a bad fighter, he's still got skills. He made the right move for himself, he's not confident he can beat Khan right now, you shouldn't go into a fight with that mentality.

What I'm wondering.. did Bradley ducking the Khan fight damage his public image as a warrior who'll fight anyone beyond repair?
    Bradley's warrior image is damaged beyond repair
    25.45%
    Bradley's warrior image is damaged but if he fights Khan it could be repaired
    36.36%
    Bradley never had a warrior image
    32.73%
    I still consider Bradley a warrior even if he ducked Khan
    5.45%

Bradley wants some of that paper and is not willing to lose it all by fighting Khan.

I think he should lose some of that reputation. If he believed in himself, he'd fight Khan, beat him and then fight Pac.

Comment

In the eyes of Khan fans, yes. Doesn't really change anything for me cause I don't think he's actually scared of Khan. Is it disappointing? Yes. But i'm a boxing fan, i've dealt with disappointments my whole life because I love this sport. While a great fight it would of been it's not the be all end all of fights. Fans nowadays get too worked up and emotionally involved in things, like a bunch of females. Should Khan beat Judah I still see the Bradley fight happening. If not then oh well, I'll look forward to continuing to follow both of their careers.
      Last edited by Rip Chudd; 06-04-2011, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
        Damn, nearly everyone now agrees that Bradley simply ducked the Khan fight but I seen one or two posts still trying to flip the story. Sure, there may have been additional factors, but the guy said "what if i lose the fight, im outta the pacquiao mayweather payday" (or words to that effect)

Caught red handed in the duck. There's no argument anymore. Yeah, yeah gary shaw this, gary shaw that.. whatever man.. Bradley said what he said, anything else is secondary to him admitting that he's worried about being beaten by Khan. Anything other than that is meaningless compared to him admitting his concerns about losing.

But so what? Bradley isn't the first fighter to duck a fight, everyone knows that. Millions of fighters ducked fights before, and they'll duck fights again. It happens.. Bradley could gain confidence after a few fights time and he could stop ducking in the future. Just because he ducked one fight, it doesn't mean he's a bad fighter, he's still got skills. He made the right move for himself, he's not confident he can beat Khan right now, you shouldn't go into a fight with that mentality.

What I'm wondering.. did Bradley ducking the Khan fight damage his public image as a warrior who'll fight anyone beyond repair?
        Bradley recently went up to 147 and if he was offered Ortiz, Bradley would duck him too. All because he'll be out of the "sweepstakes for a big fight".

Damn, I had so much respect for Bradley too.
        Last edited by Major Motoko; 06-04-2011, 02:39 AM.

Comment

When did Bradley have a "warrior" image, dude does nothing but headbutt.

I never had respect for him, to me he was just another overrated fighter like Berto, Alexander, and Williams.

Am I saying their bad fighters cause they lost? No, they just never appealed to me like they did for everyone else who thought these dudes were amazing fighters. I didn't see the hype in them.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            Bradley wants some of that paper and is not willing to lose it all by fighting Khan.

I think he should lose some of that reputation. If he believed in himself, he'd fight Khan, beat him and then fight Pac.
            Yeah the better route would be Khan first, if he manages to beat him then Pac. But Bradley just isn't confident that he'll beat Khan right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              In the eyes of Khan fans, yes. Doesn't really change anything for me cause I don't think he's actually scared of Khan. Is it disappointing? Yes. But i'm a boxing fan, i've dealt with disappointments my whole life because I love this sport. While a great fight it would of been it's not the be all end all of fights. Fans nowadays get too worked up and emotionally involved in things, like a bunch of females. Should Khan beat Judah I still see the Bradley fight happening. If not then oh well, I'll look forward to continuing to follow both of their careers.
              I don't think he's scared as such, I think he ducked because he's not 100% confident he could beat Khan.

In past fights Bradley probably didn't question whether he could win a fight, but the Khan proposition made him seriously ponder the possibility of losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Los Blancos View Post
                When did Bradley have a "warrior" image, dude does nothing but headbutt.

I never had respect for him, to me he was just another overrated fighter like Berto, Alexander, and Williams.

Am I saying their bad fighters cause they lost? No, they just never appealed to me like they did for everyone else who thought these dudes were amazing fighters. I didn't see the hype in them.
                that's real talk

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                  I don't think he's scared as such, I think he ducked because he's not 100% confident he could beat Khan.

In past fights Bradley probably didn't question whether he could win a fight, but the Khan proposition made him seriously ponder the possibility of losing.
                  I agree with you on that.

Comment

bradley=warrior....

the guy ducked and run because he thought hes got a good chance of losing to khan,what sort of man or champion would do that,only a coward

i used to be a fan but he gets nothing from me now

Comment

Working...
                    X