Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley ducking Khan.. Did it Damage his image as a warrior who'll fight anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    Damn, nearly everyone now agrees that Bradley simply ducked the Khan fight but I seen one or two posts still trying to flip the story. Sure, there may have been additional factors, but the guy said "what if i lose the fight, im outta the pacquiao mayweather payday" (or words to that effect)

Caught red handed in the duck. There's no argument anymore. Yeah, yeah gary shaw this, gary shaw that.. whatever man.. Bradley said what he said, anything else is secondary to him admitting that he's worried about being beaten by Khan. Anything other than that is meaningless compared to him admitting his concerns about losing.

But so what? Bradley isn't the first fighter to duck a fight, everyone knows that. Millions of fighters ducked fights before, and they'll duck fights again. It happens.. Bradley could gain confidence after a few fights time and he could stop ducking in the future. Just because he ducked one fight, it doesn't mean he's a bad fighter, he's still got skills. He made the right move for himself, he's not confident he can beat Khan right now, you shouldn't go into a fight with that mentality.

What I'm wondering.. did Bradley ducking the Khan fight damage his public image as a warrior who'll fight anyone beyond repair?
    His image may be somewhat tarnished right now but Bradley isn't afraid of anyone. He has some personal issues to get straight and then he will fight another big name, if not Khan himself and restore all his credibility. Why doesn't Khan give Prescott a rematch? See, these arguments and points of view canbe used for nearly every fighter at any given time.

Comment

bradley never had a warrior image...he never had any fans in the first place so hasnt lost any but he wont be gaining any new ones anytime soon. the likes of bradley are what is wrong with boxing, a cheating headbutting ducking disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        no it's not in his best interest and the winner of khan-Judah will have much more power in negotiations with Bradley. Bradley is losing all the way around unless he gets a PAC fight out of this. Which is a major risk because there's so much that could happen.
        I don't agree,Bradley has proven himself enough that I'm not mad if he gets his business in order...Easy for us to say he should of fought but you can't tell me business wise its not in Bradleys best interest to try to get better promotion going into the biggest fight of his career..Or to try to get a multi fight deal with HBO,Bradley is the num 1 fighter and is undefeated..I say with a Major promotion Bradley will still hold weight at the nego table..

Comment

bradley is defintely looking like a ducker right now.....it'll remain like this til he fights khan or til khan loses......

Comment

ok so basically what tim bradley says, is that he wants more money? what? he's a business man? what? His promotor sucks? what about his huge HBO contract?

you're a boxer, you make your money fighting. he wants to fight u, you win, you fight another guy, you make more money.. what's the problem here? if you keep fighting, people will get to know you, they'll see you KO ppl, they'll see you win.

stop complaining and fight the fight.

Comment

No, Bradley always struck me as a smart guy who knows what's going on. Just look at his face. This isn't no manny or miguel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                Damn, nearly everyone now agrees that Bradley simply ducked the Khan fight but I seen one or two posts still trying to flip the story. Sure, there may have been additional factors, but the guy said "what if i lose the fight, im outta the pacquiao mayweather payday" (or words to that effect)

Caught red handed in the duck. There's no argument anymore. Yeah, yeah gary shaw this, gary shaw that.. whatever man.. Bradley said what he said, anything else is secondary to him admitting that he's worried about being beaten by Khan. Anything other than that is meaningless compared to him admitting his concerns about losing.

But so what? Bradley isn't the first fighter to duck a fight, everyone knows that. Millions of fighters ducked fights before, and they'll duck fights again. It happens.. Bradley could gain confidence after a few fights time and he could stop ducking in the future. Just because he ducked one fight, it doesn't mean he's a bad fighter, he's still got skills. He made the right move for himself, he's not confident he can beat Khan right now, you shouldn't go into a fight with that mentality.

What I'm wondering.. did Bradley ducking the Khan fight damage his public image as a warrior who'll fight anyone beyond repair?

Bradley did not duck Khan Per se.He just wants to get to Pacquiao first cause Pacquiao would propelled him into a big money fighter if he wins.If he fights Khan first and he loses,he potentially losing out on a big money fight with Pacquiao and Mayweather.He`s playing chess.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
                  Bradley did not duck Khan Per se.He just wants to get to Pacquiao first cause Pacquiao would propelled him into a big money fighter if he wins.If he fights Khan first and he loses,he potentially losing out on a big money fight with Pacquiao and Mayweather.He`s playing chess.
                  that's so unrealistic. cuz everyone can figure if u want Pacquiao, beat Khan. they're from the same camp! no one's gonna want to fight Bradley now except the ppl in his division, because he's not that big of a name yet. he needs to WORK his way up by... defeating Khan, it's logical. he's business minded but he should think like a fighter.

Comment

I never thought of him as a warrior. So, ducking Khan doesn't have that effect to me about him.

Bradley pretty much won't fight people that are threats. And he plans on fighting Mayweather or Pacquiao to lose, not to win. He just wants the money that comes with losing to one of them.

Comment

ducking will only help his popularity. look what it did for mayweather. soon bradley will be on ppv fighting stiffs who are coming off upset wins or small popular fighters while avoiding all the real dangerous fighters. right out of the mayweather playbook.
                      Last edited by daggum; 06-05-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X