No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez: I Will Be The First Mexican Champ at 160-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
    Martinez won his tittle from pavlik he then faced williams in the rematch which was his first voluntary defence. He was then striped when he fought dzy.
    And if chavez wins they should give him a voluntary defence then make him face his mandatory. But who knows if it will be martinez or rubio who won an eliminator againts lemiux.
    The thing is that Martinez as an emeritus champion has the chance to challenge for the belt whenever he wants, so whoever wins the fight should fight Martinez for the championship in the next fight.

Comment

And what people forget was that they striped martinez bc he refused to fight zbik. Zbik was ready to fight martinez but he refused not bc he was scared of him but bc hbo refused him as an opponent and now a days martinez fights when hbo says so.

GTFOH trying to justify.This is a freebee for julito

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post
        i hate this, especially since Martinez is willing to fight whoever. It just sucks that HBO took this stance with Martinez when they have/had other fighters *cough*berto*cough* fighting nobodies.. I guess there's a glimmer of hope since they rejected Paul Williams original comeback fight, against kirklands daddy i think it was...
        Exactly, people need to stop acting like Sergio is getting crucified. This is HBO's new stance and I like it. I don't care what fighter they do it to, whether it's a favorite fighter or a fighter I don't like.

And that is false about Berto. HBO acted with Berto as well, Berto was going to fight Alfonso Gomez but HBO turned it down and Berto had to fight Victor Ortiz instead. I don't know about you, but Berto-Ortiz>Berto-Gomez.

That's Williams, Martinez, and Berto. HBO is not playing around, they are turning down every shitty fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaIce View Post
          I do know that the first mexican middleweight champion he is not.....The first one was Oscar De La Hoya whom by the time he fought Felix Sturm in 2004 was already a Mexican citizen (yes he got the mexican citizenship from the president of mexico) So that would make him a Mexican.

Oscar went on to beat Sturm in a controversial decision to capture the WBO 160 pounds
          I guess he was referring to the first Mexican Nationalist

but I agree ODLH was the first Mexican MW champ

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
            Hey its the truth you dump pr hater. Free be is your boy cotto fighting for vacant belts Dam though 3 times?

Comment

WAR Chavez! The next #1 P4P in boxing!

Comment

Hey its the truth you dump pr hater. Free be is your boy cotto fighting for vacant belts Dam though 3 times?

facts are facts he's not the 1st mexican to win at 160 and damn sure doesn't belong at a world title shot.how can you no know this?

Comment

facts are facts he's not the 1st mexican to win at 160 and damn sure doesn't belong at a world title shot.how can you no know this?
                  Oscar is american. Born and raised so stfu but who cares if he the first. And what did your boy vazquez do to get a tittle shot? He was given a vacant belt just like your boy cotto by the wbo.

Comment

With the main so-called sanctioning bodies offering Emeritus, Super, Regular or Ordinary, Interim and Silver titles - or variants thereof - there's enough belts available for just about every country in the Americas to have a world 160 pound champ right now, all at the same time. The whole thing stinks.

Comment

A Cotto Stan talking about freebies .

Comment

Working...
                      X