No announcement yet.

Reasons For Mosley Wanting To Quit Have Arrived "He Had a Torn ACL"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randomwalk View Post
    LOL, the ACL is part of the knee not the ankle.
    Nothing extraordinary for THESE posters. I'm complaining all the time about their abysmal ignorance, but it does no good. Besides having purely empty heads. My pointed post didn't even "raise a ripple". And your specific comment won't either. They are blind, deaf and dumb. After seeing the mention of ACL in connection with the ankle, I openly referred in my above post to the Achilles Tendon. But no one caught it.

ACL imjury is common in most moving sports. I once had the same thing in tennis, just from turning around to walk back to the baseline. Had to be helped off the court, hospitalized, operated, encased in a thigh to ankle cast, etc. And in a foreign country.......

NO JOKE.

Comment

LOL at all these excuses.

Well a torn ACL is better than quitting over a blister, but seems like all made up shiet.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Nobody buys any injury a boxer says he has either way. So I doubt you would have bought it post fight.

Not everybody believes Mayweather went through the Castillo training camp and fight itself, with an injured right shoulder. And he said this post fight. Then in the rematch he came in 100% and won the fight easier than the first, despite the closer scores.

Claiming an injury post fight, just sounds like an excuse to the fans, that's just a good way to get booed and look like a sour loser, that's why a lot of fighters you see don't talk about their injury in a post fight.
        Maybe Floyd did have the injury, but boxers usually do better in rematches once they work out fighters anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          People don't understand old athletes get injured a lot. To me, it's common seeing these things. I saw the fight on PPV and felt like it was a waste of time. But those calling Mosley a liar don't watch other sports or something. Athletes in their 30s are always having some kind of injury out of nothing. Like the simplest thing they used to do when they were 25-29, now at 35-39 can get them injured.

I'm surprised at how many posters don't know this. Not everything is bullshit, especially an injury plagued player/fighter in their near 40s.
          So do you agree Pac had cramps then?

Comment

first off, this is TOTAL bullshi t and it ruins your credibility. you don't have an secret injury before a fight, go through with the fight, then complain about your injury after you get made a fool of. that's low/no class.

second, I've had 2 torn ACL's. you can fight on a torn ACL, you can run on a torn acl with proper braces, you can play basketball, especially if you've been rehabbing it. there may be certain cuts you can't make without a very evident knee wobble (and a sharp pain)

some people play sports for years with no knee ligaments (acl especially). back in the day, football players play for years, one of those steelers linebackers did it. if you tear a lcl or mcl, you'll have a lot more trouble moving side to side, but if you don't tear the PCL and ACL, you can perform at a very high level because the pcl and acl basically do the same thing, they reinforce each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
              From Mosley right hand man twitter

"Helloboxingheads, before this final 360 airs on showtime know the obstacles this legendary fighter @sugarshanem had to overcome for this fight. A documented torn ACL to heal before camp and during training which led to a giant blister on the opposite foot He should be commended for his perseverance throughout this training camp and fight! Not abandoned and disrespected! He has done alot for this sport! @SugarShaneM. @SugarShaneM did everything in his power to bring you a good fight despite the obstacles he had to endure/that a lesser man would of quit "
              Some of yall comprehension skills are ****ing terrible. The man didn't say it was torn during the fight or during camp but that it had to heel before camp. Meaning Mosley went into camp with trying to heal a knee injury.

I call bull**** if Mosley doesn't have a surgery scar on his knee. I am not saying its impossible cause I don't know but I have never heard of a ACL tear that didn't need surgery to be repaired no matter how small the tear. If Mosley doesn't have a scar on his knee I am inclined to believe that his friend is lying. I say Mosley friend because Shane hasn't come out said this himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                first off, this is TOTAL bullshi t and it ruins your credibility. you don't have an secret injury before a fight, go through with the fight, then complain about your injury after you get made a fool of. that's low/no class.

second, I've had 2 torn ACL's. you can fight on a torn ACL, you can run on a torn acl with proper braces, you can play basketball, especially if you've been rehabbing it. there may be certain cuts you can't make without a very evident knee wobble (and a sharp pain)

some people play sports for years with no knee ligaments (acl especially). back in the day, football players play for years, one of those steelers linebackers did it. if you tear a lcl or mcl, you'll have a lot more trouble moving side to side, but if you don't tear the PCL and ACL, you can perform at a very high level because the pcl and acl basically do the same thing, they reinforce each other.
                I was basically going to mention the same thing, but you took care of that point quite nicely.

Also, I love how the same people who believe things like "manny had leg cramp" or "Manny wore the wrong socks" are in this thread calling Mosley a liar.

Thirdly, Nazim Richardson's job isn't to let his fighters quit. Anyone who is saying Nazim should have "let him quit" has obviously never competed in any combat sport or played any competitive sport at a high level. Your coaches/trainers job is to never let you quit and conversely make the decision for you if you are too far out of it to make a smart decision yourself. I think this really shows that Mosley was there just to cash a final big payday and really had no interest in making this a competitive fight.

Didn't Nazim want to throw in the towel in Mosley v Mayweather and Shane wouldn't quit or is that a ***** myth? Now with this video coming to light, wouldn't that mean that Nazim saw Mayweather just schooling Mosley and thought that Shane's head was gone? He must not have seen the same thing in the Pacquiao fight that he wouldn't let Mosley quit. Of course, this is only if the other factors are actually true.

Comment

Do anybody know of the official PPV numbers for this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    Some of yall comprehension skills are ****ing terrible. The man didn't say it was torn during the fight or during camp but that it had to heel before camp. Meaning Mosley went into camp with trying to heal a knee injury.

I call bull**** if Mosley doesn't have a surgery scar on his knee. I am not saying its impossible cause I don't know but I have never heard of a ACL tear that didn't need surgery to be repaired no matter how small the tear. If Mosley doesn't have a scar on his knee I am inclined to believe that his friend is lying. I say Mosley friend because Shane hasn't come out said this himself.
                    people leave their ACL's torn all the time, not usually professional athletes, but back in the day dudes played football with no ligaments all the time

Comment

It amazes me how people will find ways to discredit Pacquiao.

I've had my ACL torn, and it's ****in brutal.

Comment

Working...
                      X