Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: I Will Dominate, Johnson Won't Win a Round!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
    Froch will not be doing a number on Johnson the way he did Abraham

If he tries to be too much of a boxer, Johnson will capitalise. Froch needs to remember what he's good at, and thats being a intimidating tough guy who throws clever debilitating shots. If he tries to Calzaghe against Johson....it lights out
    Being a boxer is the best and easiest way to beat Glen Johnson. Johnson is too wiley and battle hardened to be intimidated by Froch. Froch should use his length and box.

Comment

With glens style, id expect him to win 3/4rounds to be honest.

Comment

I think Froch should use a combination of the style he used against AA and the way he usually fights.

Box and use length when he can, but also be sure to throw a lot of punches. Glen sometimes covers up and waits for his chance when his opponents throws a lot. He did this against Dawson for example. Obviously the quality of punches coming his way plays a part, I'm not suggesting volume alone is going to beat him. But I think you need to mix in hard shots with the jabs if you want to keep his activity to a minimum. Also, if you don't throw powerful punches then Johnson will walk right in so I think he needs more power shots than he threw vs AA.

I think Johnson is an excellent fighter who is as tough as nails. But he tends to fight the same kind of fight everytime. I think that if Froch/McCracken have watched his rematches with Tarver and Dawson and learned the required lessons they'll do well.
        Last edited by Clegg; 06-01-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Johnson by KO or Froch by UD. I still think Johnson is plenty fast enough to get inside and drop bombs. He is nothing like Abraham who stands upright and comes straight forward for most of every round. Johnson still has pretty good head movement and he knows how to work his way inside and STAY inside. Damn I can't decide on this fight so I am going to straddle Johnson KO/Froch UD.

Comment

michael marley

as a fellow writer, i had to register purely just to leave this comment. michael marley.. i havent read your article. i read the first 3 words. you are a complete disgrace. to use any adjective whatsoever to open an article shows complete ignorance of what you're doing. if you are under 18 then i encourage you to keep going and take this rather harsh critisism as a pointer. if you are over 18, then you ARE an idiot, stop now, you're never gona get it.

Comment

As long as Froch "box" he should win comfortable, but Johnson is a tough motha****a and will most likely try to make it a brawl. If he managed to do that then we'll have a fight.

Comment

Go get him Froch!

Throw that mean jab, the right hand, left hook- all the shots. Johnson will be up for eating those.

Let's see a couple of knockdowns before the night is over. And an eventual ko to help build the hype.

Another Froch win means more tv time for that fit screamer Rachel- damn would that be nice to tap.

Comment

Im a big fan of both guys, but there is going to be alot of smart money coming in on The Road Warrior before the fight. I favor Froch (slightly), but most serious boxing fans I know are favoring Johnson bigtime. Style-wise this may end up being a nightmare for Carl.

Comment

War froch!!!!!!!!

Comment

froch is a legend and he's not on roids which is good.

Comment

Working...
                      X