Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced testing helps the credibility of the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all of the real issues brought up in this thread are being avoided like a pac-floyd fight, makes sense considering

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Don't be such a nutlicker. How do you think the testing used today got started?
      who does it?

who pays for it?

i think that's a sensible question?

don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        who does it?

who pays for it?

don't you?
        I think its a very reasonable question!

The Test cost in excess of 25,000$ whos gonna foot the bill for that???

And also should a company that charges that much money for a test be trusted when they say that their test is the only real definative test?

Hmmmm sounds like a way to market something thats completely overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
          I think its a very reasonable question!

The Test cost in excess of 25,000$ whos gonna foot the bill for that???

And also should a company that charges that much money for a test be trusted when they say that their test is the only real definative test?

Hmmmm sounds like a way to market something thats completely overpriced.
          the thing is...... we don't even have a national governing body let along a world governing body.

even if we had money for it , who's gonna do it?

even the "limited , ineffective" testing we do now is a mess.

sometimes the state commissions do it , sometimes it's the boxing organization , sometimes no one does it.

it's not as simple as people think.

Comment

Uhh...no it didn't. Try again, dummy. Better yet...since you're wrong (again), why don't you just return to the Pinoy Lounge with the rest of the sheeple?
            LOL!! Look at this fronter...he said I was wrong then posts the same thing I posted........LOL!!!!

The testing that's in place today were initially used in championship fights only. Eventually, as the cost decreased, it transferred over. That's usually how testing begins. In other words, find another excuse Pac-diots.

How is this ^ different from this:
            Originally posted by Chups View Post
            It got started when they found a more efficient, effective cost of testing. If OST becomes cheap...it will be implemented. Right now it's not. Imagine doing this to 4 rounders....boxers who make $500 a fight.

OMG IMDAZED! You are a complete idiot for a knowledgeable boxing fan.

No wonder I'm always having my way with you. To think that I just watched boxing last 2008 when Oscar met Pac.

Another Ownage:
            Last edited by Chups; 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              that's a bogus assumption. not everyone who's a fan of the sport has ******* mentality, we don't worship boxers like deities. if somebody outright refused a blood test and made a grip of excuses then, flip flopped with those excuses for 3 years, i'd jump on that guy with the same questions too.

yeah, i won't give floyd high marks on subtlety and swag.
              I simply said I doubt he would have the same stance on the matter.

Also, I was not speaking of all fans, or to all fans...I did bold YOU in that post. I was speaking to him.

Thanks for replying, and showing that all fans think different. Although this is an open forum, that post was just for him.
              Last edited by HandSpeed303; 06-01-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                who does it?

who pays for it?

don't you?
                Yeah, so like I was saying, Packie...the testing we have today began because fighters chose to pay out of pocket. Only the well-paid ones could do so. Even then, most commissions refused to pay for any fight until six years after fighters had already started doing it (sound familiar?). When they did start, it was only for championship fights. Eventually it trickled down. This is how change occurs. But if we applied the logic of most of the Packies on here back to the year 2000, there would be no testing at all because it has to be for everyone right away and affordable just as fast or else what's the point. Luckily, not everyone is that narrow minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  LOL!! Look at this fronter...he said I was wrong then posts the same thing I posted........LOL!!!!

How is this ^ different from this:

OMG IMDAZED! You are a complete idiot for a knowledgeable boxing fan.

No wonder I'm always having my way with you. To think that I just watched boxing last 2008 when Oscar met Pac.

Another Ownage:
                  **looks at avi**

Comment

**looks at avi**

Comment

Yeah, so like I was saying, Packie...the testing we have today began because fighters chose to pay out of pocket. Only the well-paid ones could do so. Even then, most commissions refused to pay for any fight until six years after fighters had already started doing it (sound familiar?). When they did start, it was only for championship fights. Eventually it trickled down. This is how change occurs. But if we applied the logic of most of the Packies on here back to the year 2000, there would be no testing at all because it has to be for everyone right away and affordable just as fast or else what's the point. Luckily, not everyone is that narrow minded...

Comment

Working...
                      X