Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??Is Victor Ortiz a "no hoper" as a potential opponent of Floyd Mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??Is Victor Ortiz a "no hoper" as a potential opponent of Floyd Mayweather??

Personally, I like this fight. It's not my preferred fight but Ortiz is young, hungry, coming off an impressive victory, and prime. I just want to get the general consensus of how people feel about this potential fight.
    Yes
    46.34%
    No
    53.66%

The poll is expired.

Most in boxing history would be no-hopers.

Comment

If he comes in as hungry and motivated as he did against Berto he might be able to give floyd a decent fight, but I wouldn't give him any real chance of winning.

Maybe if he used a very nice jab to get inside but he doesn't really do that, not against berto or in his recent fights anyway, just walks straight in. To me that just means floyd is going to be having a field day on his face.

But it's not a bad fight for floyd by any means, I mean who is left to fight at 147? If it's not pacquiao then he's the best option available.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
        Personally, I like this fight. It's not my preferred fight but Ortiz is young, hungry, coming off an impressive victory, and prime. I just want to get the general consensus of how people feel about this potential fight.

certainly not a no hoper

he's a young strong hard punching kid

that being said he's very much an underdog

Comment

He loses evey single round, widely.

That's about as hopeless as it gets.

Comment

2 things....................if floyd cheats him during weigh in.........................why is floyd fighting maidanas left over though?..................

Comment

He would have to fight a lot better than he did against Berto to even be in the fight and that was the best he has fought in any fight to my knowledge.

Can he kick it up a couple notches who knows until proven otherwise but it is kind of unlikely.

This would be assuming Floyd is the same Floyd that prepares like normal, mind is on the task at hand and didn't get old overnight (so to say) .

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                2 things....................if floyd cheats him during weigh in.........................why is floyd fighting maidanas left over though?..................
                Same reason Pac fought Sergio Mora's.

Comment

I voted a no-hoper. He may have the tools but he seems too sloppy and slow to beat Mayweather. Not to say he is a sloppy fighter or slow but in a sense he is against Mayweather. You could be a little sloppy as long as you are fast enough and have other angles to show Mayweather. Ortiz is not fast enough to compensate for his wildness (against Mayweather)

I think Ortiz will trouble Mayweather at times but will get countered a bunch and lose a UD. He maybe able to get on the inside and stand a chance but the ref will break them up quickly.

Comment

I expect a total domination and perhaps even a late stoppage by Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X