Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i am curious on your thoughts overall on BHOP, and RJJ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've thrown my cent in this.

Hopkins' style served him pretty well and enabled him to stay longer. In contrast, RJJ's style requires a lot of energy and stamina. Fighters who rely on speed like RJJ may be better in their primes, but they're also better off retiring early.

Comment

To me, Bernard has had a greater career, but roy was a better fighter.

Roy's invincibility was shattered, it never happened to bhop. That has to account for something when you look at their entire careers.

Bhop also looked very good against dudes roy got ko'd by.

Comment

Hopkins to me because he took more risks and withstood the test of time. Roy should have taken more risks when he was in his prime. It's sad to see him doing it at the twilight of his career.

Comment

Roy is the Best fighter prime for prime but Bhop has the better career.

Comment

There are alot ofthigs to consider.....but the most important factor is Roy's weight classes. Not only did he go up in weight, but came back down onmore than one occasion. That was completely detrimental to Roy. With that being said...Roy has won more titles in more weight divisions, Hop's career is great but I have to roll with Roy. Look it up....Roy has been in more title fights, faced more champions, and he also did something quite profound in being the first in over a century and second overall to go from middle to heavyweight and win titles, then to come back down and win the light heavy title again....Im gotta go with Roy. No one holds Ali's twilight years against him, not Sugar Ray Leonard, or any other great. They have been stopped, SRR has been knocked out, Many all time greats have been knocked out... Bernard was never a superhuman type fighter, but a craft master, Roy was too, but used his athleticism to compliment his ring IQ in a different fashion. Bernard mastered the way of the wise with age and used boxing fundamentals, grit, a little dirty fighting, and pull out wins. The people that beat Roy, would get smashed in his prime. I think 9/10 boxing people can say the same. Bernard is great and also a top 25 all time great along with Roy Jones. His performance at an advanced age is amazing, but doesnt make his run at old age better than Roys overall accomplishments. Bernard is a great and Im a fan....but Roys accomplishments hold a bit more weight to me. Here is what Ill say in closing.....a prime Roy beats any version of Hopkins 10/10 times. But I admire and respect both fighters and we will never see the likes of these legends again!!!!!Be grateful and appreciate their accomplishment instead of trying to diminish one over the other.

Comment

It's a bit of a toss-up in my opinion. Roy was a better fighter than B-Hop in his day, but B-Hop's longevity is far better.

Comment

Hopkins has never been as good as Roy and even with all the losses now Roy accomplished more in his career than Hopkins.

Comment

I was too young to follow boxing when Roy was in his prime...but he looked incredible...

Bernard has had the better longevity obviously...

Its gotta be close...you do have to factor in Bernard's longevity and Roy embarassing himself in the past years...

In all, it comes down to who beat the better fighters...

Comment

Roy beat Bernard Hopkins in 1993, as well know. It counted the most then. Of course everyone say Bernard was green, but he was the number 1 contender for the title that night and was easily BESTED. If who you beat is the biggest factor....there is a start.

Comment

roy beat bernard when they were both prime

Comment

Working...
                      X