No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Bradley Money Raised; Margarito Wants To Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
    Some of you guys don't seem to understand that if Bradley signs to fight Khan in July, he has to sign the contract now. If he signs the contract now, he ends up fighting under Gary Shaw. HE DOESN'T WANT TO FIGHT FOR GARY SHAW ANYMORE. That's why Shaw is pushing so hard for Tim to sign for this fight right NOW. And of course I can't be sure, but I'm assuming that Shady Shaw would have something in the contract forcing Bradley to extend his contract even further.

This isn't just about the money for Bradley. He wants to fight Khan, but he wants to do it on his terms - NOT on Gary Shaws terms. People need to remember this before they go off about Bradley not having money as an excuse, or the lame "duck" excuse.
    can't give you any k right now, but good post. The bolded is really all that this is about, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      At least Margarito goes warrior till the end and not run like a ***** when the odds are against you. Nice try on trying to justify Cotto's running like a *****.
      There's pride in being stupid??

Comment

So lets see, someone praises a guy whose gloves were loaded in Margarito and puts down a guy who was boxing off his back foot and using movement? What a sick bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
          Some of you guys don't seem to understand that if Bradley signs to fight Khan in July, he has to sign the contract now. If he signs the contract now, he ends up fighting under Gary Shaw. HE DOESN'T WANT TO FIGHT FOR GARY SHAW ANYMORE. That's why Shaw is pushing so hard for Tim to sign for this fight right NOW. And of course I can't be sure, but I'm assuming that Shady Shaw would have something in the contract forcing Bradley to extend his contract even further.

This isn't just about the money for Bradley. He wants to fight Khan, but he wants to do it on his terms - NOT on Gary Shaws terms. People need to remember this before they go off about Bradley not having money as an excuse, or the lame "duck" excuse.
          True as far as it goes, but it ought to be possible for Bradley and Shaw to negotiate a compromise whereby the fight goes ahead on a cast iron "one fight only" basis. Bradley can afford to hire a lawyer to check the contract to make sure he's not being stitched up. It would be in everyone's interest - Bradley's because the fight is hot right now and interest in it could wane with time; Shaw's because one more fight is a lot more lucrative than no more fights; and Khan's because he needs the fight to maintain his momentum (which is why he budged a little on his percentage).

Comment

Originally posted by Elzilcho.- View Post
            Battle of the hype jobs 2011. Khans team is desperate to land a fight whit another hype job instead of facing a better contender in guerrero. Seriously I'm b glad when the Alexanders-khans-Bradleys-lopez hype iobs R gone. None of this fools r boxing material. They won't last unless they keep fighting c class fighters
            Huh?

Did I misread that post ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
              True as far as it goes, but it ought to be possible for Bradley and Shaw to negotiate a compromise whereby the fight goes ahead on a cast iron "one fight only" basis. Bradley can afford to hire a lawyer to check the contract to make sure he's not being stitched up. It would be in everyone's interest - Bradley's because the fight is hot right now and interest in it could wane with time; Shaw's because one more fight is a lot more lucrative than no more fights; and Khan's because he needs the fight to maintain his momentum (which is why he budged a little on his percentage).
              Good point, that situation is not necessarily a show-stopper.

But I thought that Lorily made a great point there, and folks also forget the situation with the Pac fight pending. Marquez only officially got the nod a couple of days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                I don't think Bradley will go into a fight with Khan with Shaw with him..Bradley Khan is one of three of the hottest fight in the game right now..If both don't lose their next fights this fight will be that much bigger..I really feel it should be Khan Judah,Bradley Maidana..After these fights the two winners will be on another level..Khan to superstar and Bradley giving the right fight(and Maidana will be a fight you can bank on that)a star at the least..I don't think Shaw should be anywhere near this fight..

Comment

Working...
                X