Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "We're Not Waiting On Mayweather; Bradley Could Be Next for Spring PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
    man are you that blind??arum wants nothing to do with floyd..hes been doin this sine the negotiations..already planning mannys next fight and using floyds name to promote it...wake up
    How is he promoting Floyd's name? The media always asks him about the fight and he tells you exactly what's happening, nothing. It's not as if Floyd's name is constantly mentioned throughout the entire promotion of Pacquiao's fights or to even help sell them. If Mayweather's name is brought up in the media during interviews, it would look worse for him to say "No Comment" as I'm sure that would go well with Mayweather's fans.

Like dude above said, Pacquiao right now is the face of Boxing, not Mayweather. Floyd had the torch passed to him, but decided to "retire". The sport moves on and Pacquiao is putting asses in seats and has consistently sold a Mill on PPV at least once a year in the last 4 years. It should be no surprise that he'd holding the torch now. If they're already looking at options besides Mayweather, so be it. When Floyd is ready to fight (if ever) he'll let us know, but even his recent interviews show he's not "that" eager to get in the ring, that was pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
      This guy is more interested in the drama than the actual sport

Go watch TNT
      all floyd fanboys are more interested in girly things than anything else. they'll fight tooth and nail defending this drug testing thing demanded only by cowards. and they still don't get it. don't even know why they're in this thread when it's been clear that they don' want pac for mayweather, ie, pac is juicing, will never take the test. otoh, they say pac is easy work for floyd, he's amateurish, floyd will make him look ordinary.

why these fanboys are not demanding their idol to fight other fighters is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        How is he promoting Floyd's name? The media always asks him about the fight and he tells you exactly what's happening, nothing. It's not as if Floyd's name is constantly mentioned throughout the entire promotion of Pacquiao's fights or to even help sell them. If Mayweather's name is brought up in the media during interviews, it would look worse for him to say "No Comment" as I'm sure that would go well with Mayweather's fans.

Like dude above said, Pacquiao right now is the face of Boxing, not Mayweather. Floyd had the torch passed to him, but decided to "retire". The sport moves on and Pacquiao is putting asses in seats and has consistently sold a Mill on PPV at least once a year in the last 4 years. It should be no surprise that he'd holding the torch now. If they're already looking at options besides Mayweather, so be it. When Floyd is ready to fight (if ever) he'll let us know, but even his recent interviews show he's not "that" eager to get in the ring, that was pretty obvious.
        floyds the face of boxing and mannys riding his coat tail..theres no arguement..manny never outsells floyd...never..floyds name is used in every manny fight to promote it and justify the person hes fighting...manny should leave arum and this fight will easily get made..**** arum and his"you must leave your promoter bull****"

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

Damn, that must hurt.

Mayweather fans are always woulda, coulda, shoulda; but reality is HE DIDN'T.

Comment

I don't blame bob.

Floyd isn't serious about boxing, so why waste time with him?

Comment

for once *****s blame floyd for not coming out of vacation and fight. y'all are blaming arum...that old **** is a promoter of course he'll try his best to make it in house. i know pac-floyd will make tons of money but most of it will go to the 2 fighters and the remaining profits will not go to top rank alone...they will share it with gbp so in reality arum will make more with his in house fight.

i'm a pacfan but when the time comes that floyd will come out to fight and pac will still look for other opponents i'll put the blame on him. but for now and until floyd is on vacation, there's no point waiting for him. pac can not stall his plans to fight just because floyd is chilling out somewhere.

Comment

I like this fight. I hope Bradley and Pac fight and that Bradley wins but it's going to be a tall order for him. Bradley is young, strong, and in his prime....I'm not sure what there is to hate about this fight. The Mayweather fight won't happen for one reason or another but I don't like boxing for fantasy matches, I prefer actual matches and a Bradley fight would be an actual match that I would definitely watch.

Comment

lol his fights are lined up a year ahead... lol wow..

goodluck selling a fight with an unkown alien head

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I like this fight. I hope Bradley and Pac fight and that Bradley wins but it's going to be a tall order for him. Bradley is young, strong, and in his prime....I'm not sure what there is to hate about this fight. The Mayweather fight won't happen for one reason or another but I don't like boxing for fantasy matches, I prefer actual matches and a Bradley fight would be an actual match that I would definitely watch.
                    OUCH!

Comment

Left hook - BANG!

Right hand - BANG!

Comment

Working...
                      X