No announcement yet.

Biggest waste of talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Joan Guzman is EVERY BIT AS TALENTED as Floyd Mayweather yet is one tenth of the fighter
    good call... unfortunately, even having agapito sanchez, jorge barrios and humberto soto on one's resume may not be enuf to propel him to mainstream recognition...

what a waste...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      good call... unfortunately, even having agapito sanchez, jorge barrios and humberto soto on one's resume may not be enuf to propel him to mainstream recognition...

what a waste...
      Its not about recognition he is just inactive and lazy

Comment

i think vernon forrest before he injured his shoulder was a beast

Comment

i don't think guzman was all that talented. he was skilled but he didn't have enough of the total package (I.E. power) to say he's the most disappointing fighter ever.

supah zab on the other hand..........

Comment

Winky Wright wasted so much time.

Comment

Golota
              Guzman
              Judah
              Ibeabuchi

Comment

Zab Judah.....

Comment

Valero but i dont think with all the rehabilitation in the world would ever be right in the head sadly an accident waiting to happen.Guzman so much ****ing talent and yet no dedication

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
                    All good suggestions, I believe.

A couple that come to mind might be Roy Jones and Naseem Hamed. I know that both accomplished quite a bit, I think they rested on their stats a bit.

Hamed simply never came back and didn't do enough after his first loss. Considering his power, he was always going to be in fights. I don't see why he didn't make the effort at the very least. Didn't train properly and hone his craft near the end.

Jones had all the tools. He just didn't fight all the fighters he could have. Calzaghe in his prime. Darius. Ottke. (God, I wish he knocked him out.)

Nonetheless, they both did so much. So, I'll give some other suggestions. They certainly aren't the biggest.

Ike Ibeabuchi. Whether or not he tried to rape that woman, he did have his talents waste away. Byrd and Tua both had a chance to get something done AFTER he beat them. Quality fighter.

Darren Sutherland comes to mind, as well. I liked that kid a lot. He had a professional style and he still did well in the amateurs. The only guy that even DeGale spoke about in a humble manner.

Salvador Sanchez was talent wasted, even though it was an accident. Still, he was great while he lasted.

Fernando Vargas, in a sense. With all that he did, he might have been able to do so much more if he had paced himself and let himself mature. Cutting out the Burger King trips might have helped.

Laszlo Papp and Teófilo Stevenson also might have been wasted talents. Stevenson for never turning professional and Papp had his career prematurely ended by a then-communist Hungary.

All I got for now.
                    Im with you on darren sutherland,seen that guy outclass de gale in the amateurs and looked to have everything ahead of him....you just dont know whats goin through peoples minds sad

Im with ya on dar

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      IKe

Bowe

Valero
                      I forgot Ike, very good choice, That guy was nuts, (literally and figuritively) with a body like a Greek god and a mind like a savage African lion.

Comment

Working...
                      X