Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
    You need to understand that Floyd is the kind of the fighter who examines first, then adjusts later. It just so happens Floyd has a little more trouble examining south paws because of their overall different style. Yet at the same time some of his best performances have come against Southpaws.
    So does every fighter? You think boxers don't adjust during the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
      lol wut??

Jones has those advantages because he is faster and more powerfull lb/lb, not because of a size advantage. And Corely can be brought in, because he was in his prime in that fight.

While Roy Jones was far out of his prime when he was stopped. Well see how Mayweather does in the next several year when he really starts slowing down.

How bout Mayweather (basically) losing to Castillo?
      dude I dont think you get the question.....if they were both in their primes at any weight. Whos style would win? Which fighters boxing IQ would be triumphant over the other without comparing who they fought. Yes Mayweather struggled with Castillo in the first fight due to Castillos "style" Roy Jones is not a pressure fighter like Castillo. SO the fight would look nothing like that. I would be a thinking match. I mean Tarver is a counter puncher and he knocked Roy out. So I can use the counter puncher comparison.

All

Comment

This is almost a mis match. Can you imagine a 168-175 Pound Mayweather P4P Wise? My goodness.

He UD's Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
          So does every fighter? You think boxers don't adjust during the fight?
          Yeah because THE GREAT MANNY PACQUIAO can adjust against counter punchers/defensive boxers like Marquez. Really he can. Lmao.

Comment

In Jones prime he would be too fast for Mayweather, Floyd would never know what hit him til his trainers explained it to him in the dressing room.

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
              Floyd was at his best at 140 in my opinion, Roy at 168. It's hard to visualize that kind of match up.
              I don't want you to compare them and what weights they fought at. I'm asking if they were the same fighters at the same weight (whatever weight, because even if they are at an equal weight they will have the same styles) in the same weight class, whos style would prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by cooper5 View Post
                In Jones prime he would be too fast for Mayweather, Floyd would never know what hit him til his trainers explained it to him in the dressing room.
                Yes because Floyd does not have hand speed or great reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  This is almost a mis match. Can you imagine a 168-175 Pound Mayweather P4P Wise? My goodness.

He UD's Roy.
                  Dude....what if Mayweather and Roy Jones were both at 160 and this was their natural weight classes. Im not asking the question, "what if Mayweather moved up"

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                    dude I dont think you get the question.....if they were both in their primes at any weight. Whos style would win? Which fighters boxing IQ would be triumphant over the other without comparing who they fought. Yes Mayweather struggled with Castillo in the first fight due to Castillos "style" Roy Jones is not a pressure fighter like Castillo. SO the fight would look nothing like that. I would be a thinking match. I mean Tarver is a counter puncher and he knocked Roy out. So I can use the counter puncher comparison.

All
                    So you don't think past fights dont give us any insight into their style or ring IQ?

Like I said before we're talking primes. Roy was not in his prime for Tarver, Mayweather was.

Also Roys power > Mayweathers. This is not debatable.

Please show me something similar from Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                      I don't want you to compare them and what weights they fought at. I'm asking if they were the same fighters at the same weight (whatever weight, because even if they are at an equal weight they will have the same styles) in the same weight class, whos style would prevail.
                      That's a tough one, don't know

Comment

Working...
                      X