Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
    But he didnt do that to James Toney...and Mayweather is a much better fighter than Toney. Also Mayweathers defense is much better.
    Roy respected Toney's power
    he wouldn't respect Floyd's
    he's quick enough to lead or counter against Floyd
    would take him a few rounds to start landing clean with more than 1 shot
    once he got combos flowing, Floyd's dead
    Floyd couldn't stop or evade his attack for 12 rounds
    Roy could overpower him

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
      Mayweather wins. Easily too.

Jones in his prime had speed and athleticism.

Mayweather in his prime had everything. He was better in every aspect of the game than Roy Jones. Well, maybe not show boating that's for sure. Not only that but Jones's style against defensive fighters is very linear. He leaves himself open for shots quite often, but his opponents never wanted to take the risks.
      Here's what I don't understand with Mayweather fans... Mayweather has the best set skills in the entire world yet for some reason this guy is dropping 3/4 starting rounds to JUDAH (B lvl fighter).

In his prime, I never seen Jones getting hurt by a Corley lvl fighter. Nor have I seen him lose or even come close to losing a fight (Castillo I). So despite his textbook defensive skills, he got hit more than Jones...
      Last edited by Konstantin; 05-14-2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Prime for prime

Prime for prime, Roy is much stronger and faster than Floyd. Roy would just walk through Floyd's hardest punches to land his own.

It would be a late round TKO for Roy, with Floyd's corner throwing in the towel while floyd is being cornered, battered and receiving unanswered punches to the body and head resulting in a broken left arm and elbow.

ROY TKO 7-9 Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
          Here's what I don't understand with Mayweather fans... Mayweather has the best set skills in the entire world yet for some reason this guy is dropping 3/4 starting rounds to JUDAH (B lvl fighter).
          You need to understand that Floyd is the kind of the fighter who examines first, then adjusts later. It just so happens Floyd has a little more trouble examining south paws because of their overall different style. Yet at the same time some of his best performances have come against Southpaws.

Comment

I agree on Roy winning the fight.

He has faster hand speed, more power, better defense and better timing.

Floyd may be able to steal a couple rounds in the middle or end but I see Roy winning the majority of them.

?? Didn't do what to Toney??

He outboxed him for 12 rounds and planted him on his ass... He's never been knocked out, even at Heavyweight... Mayweather was hurt by Corley...
            Man I am not saying Mayweather moved up to face Jones. I am saying if they were the same weight and same styles. Mayweather being hurt by Corley cant be brought into this argument.

Roy Jones never been knocked out?

Comment

In his prime, I never seen Jones getting hurt by a Corley lvl fighter. Nor have I seen him lose or even come close to losing a fight (Castillo I). So despite his textbook defensive skills, he got hit more than Jones...

I suggest watching more Jones fights instead of the highlights on HBO kthx. also remember when I said "Fighters didn't wanna take the risks", I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                I'd say Floyd. Roy's unnatural physical abilities helped him dominate lesser opponents but when it comes down to skill, he was lacking in a few categories. Floyd would not dominate Roy, but he'd probably win. I'm about 60%leaning towards Floyd. The only reason is because Roy's speed and power could catch anybody slippin at any given time and we all know what happens when Roy catches you slippin.

I agree with this post

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                  Man I am not saying Mayweather moved up to face Jones. I am saying if they were the same weight and same styles. Mayweather being hurt by Corley cant be brought into this argument.

Roy Jones never been knocked out?
                  lol wut??

Jones has those advantages because he is faster and more powerfull lb/lb, not because of a size advantage. And Corely can be brought in, because he was in his prime in that fight.

While Roy Jones was far out of his prime when he was stopped. Well see how Mayweather does in the next several year when he really starts slowing down.

How bout Mayweather (basically) losing to Castillo?
                  Last edited by Konstantin; 05-14-2011, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JourneymanUK View Post
                    Prime for prime, Roy is much stronger and faster than Floyd. Roy would just walk through Floyd's hardest punches to land his own.

It would be a late round TKO for Roy, with Floyd's corner throwing in the towel while floyd is being cornered, battered and receiving unanswered punches to the body and head resulting in a broken left arm and elbow.

ROY TKO 7-9 Floyd.
                    But you cant compare Floyds power at his weights to Roys power at his. Mayweather has Power @130 just like Roy had power @ 160. So Lets say they had equal power since we cant judge how their power would be in whatever weight class you choose to put them in.

Your telling me he didnt knock out Hopkins or Toney but he would knock out Mayweather?

Also Roys fights vs B Hop & Toney proves that a defensive technical/crafty/ fast fighter could nullify a lot of what Roy did to other fighters. Mayweather is a better fighter technically and defensively than Hopkins and Toney.

Comment

Floyd was at his best at 140 in my opinion, Roy at 168. It's hard to visualize that kind of match up.

Comment

Working...
                      X