Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on mayweather after watchin the Fight Hype videos???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yesir View Post
    I can only imagine how.stressful negotiations are...let alone woth someone like pac.
    Pacquiao has always been hard to negotiate with. Remember Hatton and Cotto? This is a fact. In fact, Hatton pulled out once in negotiations because Pac was asking for too much money. In the end, Arum had to give some of his 27% to Pac to appease him. And remember, Cotto did not want to fight Pac for his belt at 145 but still did it anyway because of the money.

Mayweather has always been fair in negotiations. The only time was with Shane last year when everything was agreed to but Floyd was hesitant in signing. Almost after a week, Floyd signed anyway. These are facts, folks.

Comment

As someone has already mentioned he is a very insecure person, and to be honest I think he is an insecure fighter, I think that probably stems from his father being over critical of him when he was younger, I sometimes feel he has looked pretty nervous before a fight, but he is so good he over comes his mental demons, I don't think he realises how good he is.

I think him and pacquiao get chopped down by media and fans worse than any other fighters, by far and it's not really fair. But I suppose it comes with the territory of being the best. The thing that makes mayweather hard to warm to is that he isn't a fighter in his heart, he manages risk vs reward and has rarely given his fans the fights they really want to see, they are too far and few in between. He should have fought more of the fighters manny knocked off at welterweight, he can fix that if he beats pacquiao I will regard him very very highly all time.

On a side not he can barely string a ****ing sentence together, he must have a pretty low iq

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
        Did anyone think any different of him??he came across as the not the sharpest knife but a nice fella all the same.....The guy making the videos is like a seedy **** actor
        same old bull**** from gayweather.

fighthype is obviously trying to soften his ex-beating, security guard poking, parking police threatening nature.

only *****s were fooled. duckeweather is not being "real"... he's acting for the camera so the jury/judges in his future cases don't rule against him.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
          Did anyone think any different of him??he came across as the not the sharpest knife but a nice fella all the same.....The guy making the videos is like a seedy **** actor
          This is the point I was trying to make over on the other site before getting kicked. People were like "oh he came across as a nice guy, as a regular guy, not the guy we all think he is" and I have to point out that THAT IS THE POINT.

This is essentially damage control. You notice how whenever there's some dude that gets caught on tape spewing racist ****, whether it's Imus or Dog the Bounty Hunter or whatever, they end up going on Sean Hannity's show to show the kinder gentler side, and oh man I can't believe I said those things, that's absolutely NOT how I really feel and I just hope America can forgive me so I can earn money again.

That's the same thing with this. Floyd is coming across polite and whatnot, but that's his game right now. He's trying to be like "I don't know why people are saying these things about me, I just wanna fight and these people wanna do drugs and I just wanna be safe is all. They're lying about me and I just want people to know the truth".

Unfortunately he's waited too long and the court of public opinion has decided against him. He was fine with sitting back and letting Bob Arum control public opinion and stir it towards Manny. Now he's trying to fight back, but it's too late.

People have seen enough of Floyd to make the decision, right or wrong, that the view they have of him (the arrogant, disrespectful woman beating, money throwing antagonist) is the actual Floyd.

It's said, but he's made this bed and he has to lie in it. And no amount of Hallmark special videos he makes over at that site is going to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            same old bull**** from gayweather.

fighthype is obviously trying to soften his ex-beating, security guard poking, parking police threatening nature.

only *****s were fooled. duckeweather is not being "real"... he's acting for the camera so the jury/judges in his future cases don't rule against him.

So much hate. Mayweather has always been like how he is portrayed in the interviews, he is humble in life but an ego maniac when it comes to boxing and that **** sells and keeps him on the mind if haters like you, who claim they can't stand him but always need to comment in every Mayweather thread to reassure to the other posters you hate him, with the ignorant things you say. Just get over him man, if you hate him then stop talking about him,no real boxing fans care about your opinion on him, only other Mayweather haters.

Comment

Why would "Money" give a **** about getting credit when he's going to be paid $50 million?

Since when is he so sensitive that he doesn't want the biggest purse in the history of sports?

This fight isn't for charity. He's a "Prize Fighter". He's going to get $50 million worth of credit.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                I agree. I could see from the videos that's he's a loving family man. But you can also see that he's also insecure about himself due to Arum's words really getting to him. I could also see that he has as huge an ego as much as Pac (IMO Pac's is even bigger). The interviews also showed that he is not an asshole most of the time. I still think he has a bad temper and that's why most of his interviews on ESPN and other media are criticized.
                I agree, my opinion has always been that Manny has the bigger ego. I think right now he feels more confident about himself than Floyd does. He’s lost to lesser opponents than Floyd and he feels his legacy is secure because he overcame those losses. Plus he’s the underdog, if he loses, big deal, Floyd was expected to win.

As far as Floyd blowing up at the media, I just don’t think he knows how to handle himself. I think Arum has a lot of control over his fighters and how they portray themselves to the public. Notice that the “Money” persona came after he left TR. Maybe its an act, maybe it’s the true Floyd coming out. Regardless, he’s not handling it well. People have to understand that Floyd has been bred to be a world class boxer, his father and trainers have been stroking his ego his entire life. Much like a child star, he doesn’t know how to handle “real life” situations like normal people. That’s why you see him acting out against authority and getting himself into trouble with the law. With Pac, he came from nothing. He struggled to get to where he is. All this is new to him and he’s just enjoying the ride. Plus, he has handlers, he has people to deal with the ugly stuff for him. He may not be independent, but he also stays out of trouble.

As for the fight, not too sure if Floyd will be able to overcome this fear of losing. He’s created this “unbeatable phenom” persona and his entire identity revolves around it. I truly believe that the risk of losing terrifies him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                  I agree, my opinion has always been that Manny has the bigger ego. I think right now he feels more confident about himself than Floyd does. He’s lost to lesser opponents than Floyd and he feels his legacy is secure because he overcame those losses. Plus he’s the underdog, if he loses, big deal, Floyd was expected to win.

As far as Floyd blowing up at the media, I just don’t think he knows how to handle himself. I think Arum has a lot of control over his fighters and how they portray themselves to the public. Notice that the “Money” persona came after he left TR. Maybe its an act, maybe it’s the true Floyd coming out. Regardless, he’s not handling it well. People have to understand that Floyd has been bred to be a world class boxer, his father and trainers have been stroking his ego his entire life. Much like a child star, he doesn’t know how to handle “real life” situations like normal people. That’s why you see him acting out against authority and getting himself into trouble with the law. With Pac, he came from nothing. He struggled to get to where he is. All this is new to him and he’s just enjoying the ride. Plus, he has handlers, he has people to deal with the ugly stuff for him. He may not be independent, but he also stays out of trouble.

As for the fight, not too sure if Floyd will be able to overcome this fear of losing. He’s created this “unbeatable phenom” persona and his entire identity revolves around it. I truly believe that the risk of losing terrifies him.
                  great analysis.

as much as i hate on floyd, i believe the kid is just trying to live the childhood he lost. he was bred to become a champion indeed and now that he's achieved more than what any of his other relatives has done, he feels he has the freedom to make up for the time he lost in order to succeed. this is where society kicks him in the balls.

ranting racist remarks, making it rain, posting pics with other famous celebrities, hanging out with his buddies at mcdonald's and sharing it on twitter, being a fan of justin bieber and lady gaga (...), these are just some stuffs that most highschool and college kids (in bieber's and lady gaga's case, a pre teen with identity crisis and/or gender confusion) tend to do. the problem tho is that he is being judged for his physical age, a grown man rather than his mental age, an adolescent. he is basically michael jackson all over again.

Comment

It doesn't matter who Floyd beats. There will always be an excuse. It's been like that for him for many many years now.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                      I agree. I could see from the videos that's he's a loving family man. But you can also see that he's also insecure about himself due to Arum's words really getting to him. I could also see that he has as huge an ego as much as Pac (IMO Pac's is even bigger). The interviews also showed that he is not an asshole most of the time. I still think he has a bad temper and that's why most of his interviews on ESPN and other media are criticized.
                      a loving family man? you got to be kidding or forgetting the case still to be resolved in the courts....that video may just be some sort of damage control or pbf image make-over

Comment

Working...
                      X