No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    and tony pep was never in the top 10. kinda makes my point doesn't it. why should juuko be in the top 10?
    He was still highly thought of before he got beat by Antonio Hernadez, he fell off after that point which I did say earlier but winning like 30 fights in a row mostly by knockout does have a way of getting a guy ranked no matter who they beat.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      The same faded Morales who just put a beating on a prime Maidana 5 years later? Pac is far more complete now than he was then, his technique allows him to land numerous punches, hence more KO's now than then.

Corley just put a beating on Maidana too........

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Obviously.

Corrales had a great record at superfeather and I'm sure you could make a case for him winning but But the Mexican trio beat him for me.

Best chance against Morales in the 3rd fight when he didn't want it.

Who do you think was the harder puncher at superfeather? Mayweather or Pacquiao?
        I would say Pacquaio. By quite a margin.

Comment

JMM, Barrera, and Morales(the 2nd time) would have defeated anyone FLoyd beat at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            He was still highly thought of before he got beat by Antonio Hernadez, he fell off after that point which I did say earlier but winning like 30 fights in a row mostly by knockout does have a way of getting a guy ranked no matter who they beat.
            these guys weren't good enough to get ranked by the ring for a reason. the ring has much higher standards and a much bigger database than your brain. the other guys in the top 10 were just better than these guys. look at their records and level of competition. the guys in the top 10 either beat other top 10 fighters or were champs/former champs. none of these guys had good wins where you could make a case that they were snubbed out of a top 10 ranking spot. they might be good enough to get ranked by your fantasy rankings but your standards seemed to be based on only what you see and you don't see every fight.

knocking out a bunch of bums doesn't get you ranked or tyrone brunson would have been ranked.
            Last edited by daggum; 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

these guys weren't good enough to get ranked by the ring for a reason. the ring has much higher standards and a much bigger database than your brain. the other guys in the top 10 were just better than these guys. look at their records and level of competition. the guys in the top 10 either beat other top 10 fighters or were champs/former champs. none of these guys had good wins where you could make a case that they were snubbed out of a top 10 ranking spot. they might be good enough to get ranked by your fantasy rankings but your standards seemed to be based on only what you see and you don't see every fight.
              All I know is you don't have your own opinion all you have is other peoples opinion, so your words are quite hollow.

Plus your whole opinion on the era is based off google searches and year end rankings not watching the fighters from that period.

Solis is no better than the dudes I listed so calling him top ten and bringing him up as something special shows how shallow you are. What year was he top ten?

Oh I didn't say they were snubbed or anything of the sort, I merely said they were not any worse than the guys that rank 6-10 and past accomplishment really don't mean very much when talking about the present in terms of fighting capabilities. Which is precisely why the Ring has a flawed system

Comment

knocking out a bunch of bums doesn't get you ranked or tyrone brunson would have been ranked.
                Brunson did not even beat any fringe guys so you are not comparing like things.

You still aren't showing any real knowledge from that era.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Marquez, Barrera and Morales are legends better than anyone on Floyds record.

And Floyd has a shed load of gimmes at superfeather.
                  Are people really trying to make a case for Pac being a greater super featherweight than Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                    So how is it Pacquaio has carried more power up the weights then Mayweather who had the higher KO percentage between them at 130?

This has got me scratching my head.

Anyone?
                    Your answer, is in this thread.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=447917

Comment

• Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                      So how is it Pacquaio has carried more power up the weights then Mayweather who had the higher KO percentage between them at 130?

This has got me scratching my head.

Anyone?
                      this is one of the dumber logics behind accusing Pac of roids
                      Pac doesn't beat guys with sheer power
                      he chops them up with his speed

Comment

Working...
                      X