No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    You can make a case for those guys to be top 10 during that period, being top 10 caliber is different than being ranked in the top 10 those guys could have all been ranked in the top ten and not be any different from the guy that were 7,8,9,10~.

Rankings are just opinion and should be taken as such.

You have shown no real knowledge of the period so trying to make jokes about something more current doesn't really help your case.
    yeah if you are a fan boy you could make a case freddy hernandez and mickey rodriguez should have been in the top 10. maybe joe calzaghe didn't fight a bunch of bums after all. maybe tocker pudwill and mger mtchkian were really top ten fighters.

too bad a panel of boxing experts said these guys haven't done anything to warrant being in the top 10. most people would agree. you show your lack of knowledge when you think justin juuko is on the same level as a roberto garcia or yong soo choi. those guys were both former champs in the division so they were ranked 9 and 10. why should juuko who was a journeyman and never beat anyone relevant be ranked above them? i think the rankings were just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I'm just saying that skill-wise, Morales could hang with 95% of the elites at 130 even if he was on the darkside of his prime. I realize that Maidana isn't as good a boxer as Morales was in his prime but it just goes to show that Morales has still got some miles left even at this stage. The Pac steroid implications I see in abundance are ******ed.

If I come off as a "*******" then I guess that is what it takes to defend the freaking guy. He is clearly smaller than most of his recent opposition and he isn't crushing them out with one-hit wonders, he is beating them down over the long haul with accumulative damage. This only further goes to show that he isn't this superhuman beast that others make him out to be.

He does good in a win, he's roided. He looks crappy in a win and he's still roided plus his opponents were paid to take a dive....I mean where is Jessie Ventura when you need him? I am getting off topic so I digress but I have a feeling all these threads about his KO% and carrying power to different weights is all an offshoot of the roid theory.
      Morales is clearly done now, though. That's obvious.

The fact he beat Maidanna (IMO) just puts that stamp on how great he actually is. That even when shot he can school an apparent top fighter. I don't believe for a second Morales has anything left at all at this stage.

I agree it's obvious why this KO% thread was made and like I said its invalid, it means nothing. It doesn't for a secon suggest any kind of steroid use, at all.

The rest of your post is neither here nor there but yeah, as I said, the theory to this thread has een de bunked numerous times.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Jerry Cooper TKO
        Tony Duran TKO
        Angelo Nunez TKO
        Sam Girard KO
        Tony Pep UD

Genaro Hernandez RTD
        Angel Manfredy TKO
        Carlos Alberto Ramon Rios UD
        Justin Juuko KO
        Carlos Gerena RTD
        Gregorio Vargas UD

Diego Corrales TKO
        Carlos Hernandez UD
        Jesus Chavez RTD

What compared to those names.

I would bet on Barrera, Morales and Marquez at that point in there career against the likes of Corrales, Herndanez and Chavez.
        Again though, that means nothing really.

Plus, even then there is still a strong case for Corrales beating that version of Morales and Barrera, without question.

But again, H2H means nothing and of course Barrera and Morale at that stage are better than those bums but again that would be because it is Mayweathers first division.

I'm sure if you will pull a list of Pac's first fights out of our hats we will get some Tony Pep's and Sam Girards also.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          yeah if you are a fan boy you could make a case freddy hernandez and mickey rodriguez should have been in the top 10. maybe joe calzaghe didn't fight a bunch of bums after all. maybe tocker pudwill and mger mtchkian were really top ten fighters.

too bad a panel of boxing experts said these guys haven't done anything to warrant being in the top 10. most people would agree. you show your lack of knowledge when you think justin juuko is on the same level as a roberto garcia or yong soo choi. those guys were both former champs in the division so they were ranked 9 and 10. why should juuko who was a journeyman and never beat anyone relevant be ranked above them? i think the rankings were just fine.
          Cry some more because someone actually has their own opinion, I will get out my violin that only plays sad songs for you, boo-hoo.

Lol, who is Yong Soo Choi's best win tell me without looking who he beat for the title

Oh who was ranked in 1997~ you are using year end rankings and not the month to month one so you really have no clue who was ranked when by them

Try harder

Comment

Cry some more because someone actually has their own opinion, I will get out my violin that only plays sad songs for you, boo-hoo.

Lol, who is Yong Soo Choi's best win tell me without looking who he beat for the title

Oh who was ranked in 1997~ you are using year end rankings and not the month to month one so you really have no clue who was ranked when by them

Try harder
            tell me justin juuko's best win with looking!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              tell me justin juuko's best win with looking!
              Tony Pep???? your turn I saw that fight~
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                God and rice.
                you forgot balut.........

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Again though, that means nothing really.

Plus, even then there is still a strong case for Corrales beating that version of Morales and Barrera, without question.

But again, H2H means nothing and of course Barrera and Morale at that stage are better than those bums but again that would be because it is Mayweathers first division.

I'm sure if you will pull a list of Pac's first fights out of our hats we will get some Tony Pep's and Sam Girards also.
                  Obviously.

Corrales had a great record at superfeather and I'm sure you could make a case for him winning but But the Mexican trio beat him for me.

Best chance against Morales in the 3rd fight when he didn't want it.

Who do you think was the harder puncher at superfeather? Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Comment

Tony Pep???? your turn I saw that fight~
                    and tony pep was never in the top 10. kinda makes my point doesn't it. why should juuko be in the top 10?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Mayweather wanted both Freitas and Casamayor so I wouldn't say it was on him. He called them out repeatedly. Said he wanted the winner and showed up front row, visible and yelling throughout the fight and after (when Freitas and Casamayor fought) claiming he wanted the winner. And Freitas flat out ducked him. Floyd at 130 was too risky for most fighters and the big names a division below (Hamed) had no interest in facing him. Why else would he move to 135 and take on Castillo of all people in his first fight? He didn't have a choice and sure as hell wasn't to duck Acelino Freitas.

thankyou. The astute watcher knows this.

After Corrales fight:

Merchant: Is there anyone you would like to fight next?

Floyd: Hamed, we could do it at 128

Merchant: There is no way he is going to fight you after this performance tonight................... [and this basically summed it up at 130 and 135----> he was HIGH risk and LOW reward. These guys knew they would very likely LOSE and for not enough money. A fighter is willing to fight if he thinks he will likely lose if the money is there]

Comment

Working...
                      X